*April PreTrip & Trip Reports*

The squirrels train daily to stay in shape. It wasn't four different squirrels either, it had just made the loop 4 times.

Hate you guys have had to leave but the girls have really enjoyed the pics of Mallory and Yeti.

See you guys in a few weeks at GSP.

Hey Tiggerdad are the squirrels at GSP trained as well? I need to know what I am getting ready for.

Jeff- we are in 925 until the 27th. We are toying with the idea of extending our stay, but can't decide. The heat today was rough. We went to the pool, but it was standing room only in the water....so not fun.

How old is your son? I have 12 yr old boy/girl twins.

Kris - glad you had an uneventful drive home.

We took in the Chip & Dale campfire and movie tonight. The temperature was much better for us when the sun went down.

Jeff- we are in 925 until the 27th. We are toying with the idea of extending our stay, but can't decide. The heat today was rough. We went to the pool, but it was standing room only in the water....so not fun. Hi hsmytwins, my son will turn 13 this coming Thursday. We are staying at the campground for most of the day today so we will stop by your site to see if you are there sometime today.

How old is your son? I have 12 yr old boy/girl twins.

Kris - glad you had an uneventful drive home.

We took in the Chip & Dale campfire and movie tonight. The temperature was much better for us when the sun went down.

Hey Tiggerdad are the squirrels at GSP trained as well? I need to know what I am getting ready for.

Would you believe that I really don't see too many squirrels at GSP. I figure this is due to the severe tree damage that happened between Hurrican Ivan and Katrina and the forest fire a few years back.

At GSP it's rabbits...and I mean a bunch of them. Haven't quite got the hang of rabbits but I'm adapting.

At GSP the Raccoons will shop your garbage at night if you are in the right site. Usually if you are near the woods.

Last edited:

I took a walk early this morning when it was very quiet at the Fort. All that could be heard was a few birds and the horn from the early boats. There was a fairly thick layer of fog on the lake and the temp was just perfect. I walked on a path that many of you have probably already taken but it was new to me. I ran across some deer that didn't seem nervous from the sight of me and a few impressive trees across the canal that is at the back of loop 300.
IMG_20160424_071445841_HDR_zpsg93any01.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_20160424_071902583_HDR_zpslgaui8xj.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Great pics Jeff. I love those early morning walks before the place comes to life. The deer do have a higher tolerance for humans. My son and I came upon a similar group and he wanted to "pet" one. I told him that wasn't a good idea, but we did slowly walk towards them to see how close they would let us come. We got within 20 ft before one turned and walked off and the other jumped and ran.

j

Great pics Jeff. I love those early morning walks before the place comes to life. The deer do have a higher tolerance for humans. My son and I came upon a similar group and he wanted to "pet" one. I told him that wasn't a good idea, but we did slowly walk towards them to see how close they would let us come. We got within 20 ft before one turned and walked off and the other jumped and ran.

j
Thanks. Yeah, early morning is a really nice time at the Fort. I get up at 5:00 in the a.m. to get ready for work at home and I can't seem to shake that routine when on vacation.

hsmytwins, My son and I got caught up in a lot of unplanned and fun things yesterday so we didn't have a chance to stop by. We stopped in to see if you were there today just before 11:00 and found that you had left for the day. We were surprised when we knocked on the door and the glass was filled with your giant puppy. He/she? Looks very friendly. We are heading over to Epcot this afternoon and won't be back till late so will try again tomorrow. Jeff

I have been greatly enjoying this thread and everyone's pictures!!

I miss the Fort and apparently I'm not the only one- we went camping this weekend at a campground just 15 minutes from King's Island in Ohio and we went into the theme park on Saturday. My 3 year old spent the entire morning asking repeatedly "Where'd the castle go?" It was really funny and kinda sad at the same time........

Hi Jeff- yes, we were out today. The heat here was getting to us, so we went to Aquatica.

Tomorrow we are thinking of a bike ride to Wilderness Lodge & maybe rent a pontoon boat in the afternoon. We tend to grill out for dinner. No early mornings for us. We like to sleep in.

Curious....did the dog bark at you or just look at you? At home he doesn't tend to bark....not sure what he thinks about the bus yet.

We are looking for a dinner suggestion. Weds night will be our last night. We would like to be all packed up & ready to leave Thurs morning. Normally we just grill here, but because that will be packed, we need to go out. Rental car will be returned, so it needs to be accessible by Disney transportation. We would like to go off property. Any suggestions?

By the way- my name is Cindy.

Wolfgang Puck Express or his sit down restaurant at Disney Springs are both good. Earl of Sandwich which is at DS is good too.

We like Raglan Road for the Irish food, dancing, and live music. The dancing is performed on the stage in the center of the restaurant at the top of the hour for about 10-15 minutes. They have a 530pm and 815pm time tomorrow available for four.

Check in a few minutes early and ask that you be assigned a table with a view of the stage. The first time I ate there I didn't know this and got put in a side room with no view.

Bama Ed

Cindy(hsmytwins), It was really nice to meet you and your family this morning. You're motorhome is just beautiful and very cool that it took it's maiden voyage to Fort Wilderness. Enjoy your last couple of days and hope your journey back to Michigan is smooth. Jeff
P.S. Griffin was impressed with Camden's tether ball skills.

It was a beautiful morning at the Fort. I returned the golf cart 3 days early realizing that it is more of a luxury than a necessity. That's about $190 back in my pocket. Probably won't do the cart again in the future. I took some pics of the outpost since I forgot when we first arrived.
IMG_20160426_082553382_HDR_zpswxrjqujq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Right now we are at Animal Kingdom and did Everest, Kali River, and now waiting for Festival of the lion King. There was quite a jamb up of rafts at Kali. I wish this button wouldn't stop working when this happens.
IMG_20160426_144616791_HDR_zpsacgluliv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Cindy(hsmytwins), It was really nice to meet you and your family this morning. You're motorhome is just beautiful and very cool that it took it's maiden voyage to Fort Wilderness. Enjoy your last couple of days and hope your journey back to Michigan is smooth. Jeff
P.S. Griffin was impressed with Camden's tether ball skills.

It was nice meeting you too! I think that our boys are going to stay in touch. Too bad that they didn't meet earlier in the trip- I think they would've liked hanging out together.

We rented a pontoon boat & explored the waterways.....then took a bike ride to Wilderness Lodge. By the time that we got back to FW, we were super hot & needed to stay inside to cool off.

I made a dinner reservation for Boma tomorrow night.

When I went to pull something out of the freezer for dinner tonight, I found that the freezer was only cold- not freezing. The Popsicles were all melted. The fridge isn't cold either. Good thing we are at the end of our stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter