*April PreTrip & Trip Reports*

Am I allowed to mention non-Disney properties?
OH THE HORROR.... CENSURE CENSURE CENSURE.....

Okay just kidding. You might get beat up at other boards, but this crew is pretty forgiving. I think many folks when spending the money to come to WDW also consider taking advantage of "OTHER" non-disney activities. (Universal, Sea World, Lego Land, etc...). We come from Northeast PA (NEPA) and driving with our TT is an expense (although for us it's actually cheaper then flying), so while there we take advantage. We don't have a SeaWorld where we are at or even anything remotely close, so that is usually on our agenda too.

So, on our way to eat at the Boathouse today we got behind this being towed down the road
IMG_20160421_172416848_zpsupjtf9zo.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Now THERE'S something you don't see everyday. Thanks for the picture, Jeffrey. Oh and glad you enjoyed your dinner at Boathouse. It had gotten some bad reviews years ago but maybe things are different now. I would be willing to try it next time around.

Bama Ed

Ed, yeah that was quite a sight. I have asked a number of cast members what the future holds for that cabin loop but no one seems to know or their not allowed to share. Have you heard anything?

This morning we took a bike ride over to Wilderness Lodge for breakfast. Afterwards we had a chance to see some progress being made on the construction.
IMG_20160422_080658284_zpss3sljeui.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Ed, yeah that was quite a sight. I have asked a number of cast members what the future holds for that cabin loop but no one seems to know or their not allowed to share. Have you heard anything?

We've had some threads on here say they are going to convert loop 2100 (back) to a camping loop and remove the cabins (which you and garneska have well documented). Way back when it WAS a camping/rv loop when it was added to the Fort during the mid/late 70s.

This was the first one: http://www.disboards.com/threads/just-told-that-2100-loop-will-be-preferred-sites.3489581/

This was the next one: http://www.disboards.com/threads/loop-2100.3501359/

I went through there during my Fort visit the end of last month and they had one cabin gone. The old utility log was still there from back when it was a camping loop. See my post and pix in the March 2016 trip report post #378 on page 19: http://www.disboards.com/threads/march-2016-pre-trip-and-trip-reports.3480482/page-19

I guess they have low enough demand on the cabins to take this loop out of inventory and make more money by converting it to camping/rv sites and adding to that inventory.

Thanks again for the updates.

Bama Ed

It was our last full day at the fort. Starts the usual, I am up first, feed dogs, walk dogs, then exercise. However, Bert's hip was bothering him, so he put stuff away while I exercised. The weather has been beautiful no rain and not humid, but today it was supposed to rain. We wanted to get the outdoor stuff out away before the rain hit. While we were busy thus was yeti.

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

Mallory was up and alert.

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

After getting ready we headed to Epcot. We had lunch at the food booths. The same ones from yesterday but we finished with a rum dole whip. It was definitely hotter today than it had been. We left Epcot around 3 and came back to do more packing. Since we cooked out last night we made last minute ressies for Yachtsman steakhouse. Service was a little slow but dinner was excellent and really hit the spot for me.

Got dogs out one more time. Mallorys elbiw is doing better. Looks like it was a hot spot. CorgiMom gave me some stuff to spray on it and she stopped licking it. Of course then I checked her other elbow and she has a small growth like a skin tag. Will be taking her to the vet next week to check it out.

Tomorrow is breakfast at trail's end, tradition for us and then head out. Right now we don't plan on being back till Nov.

Quick note the wifi has been good. We were able to work, no hot spot needed. Have been posting and streaming music without issues.

Kris and Bert, My son and I finally got to see the Star Wars fireworks at the Studios tonight. You were right, they were incredible. Maybe the best fireworks I've seen. Sorry your time is up and your heading home tomorrow but November isn't that far away. Safe travels, Jeff

Kris- we saw you guys out walking yesterday as we were leaving for Universal. We waved, but weren't sure if you saw us. It was nice meeting you!

Jeff- if you are a fan of old Chris Crafts....there is a huge boat show in the Les Cheneaux Islands (UP of Michigan) the second weekend of August. City is Hessel. Boats are all restored and beautiful. This is something to see! (My father in law used to have a business restoring antique wooden boats, so we would go to the Hessel show every year). If you are up there- Mackinac Island is worth visiting.....talk about a step back in time! All travel is by bike or horse, and the architecture is very Victorian.

Kris- we saw you guys out walking yesterday as we were leaving for Universal. We waved, but weren't sure if you saw us. It was nice meeting you!

Jeff- if you are a fan of old Chris Crafts....there is a huge boat show in the Les Cheneaux Islands (UP of Michigan) the second weekend of August. City is Hessel. Boats are all restored and beautiful. This is something to see! (My father in law used to have a business restoring antique wooden boats, so we would go to the Hessel show every year). If you are up there- Mackinac Island is worth visiting.....talk about a step back in time! All travel is by bike or horse, and the architecture is very Victorian.
Yes, I am a fan of old wooden boats. I have been to the show they run in Newport RI and Mystic Seaport. Mackinac Island is definitely on my list of places to visit in the future. It looks like my kind of place for a vacation. We have a summer camp on Long Lake, NY(Adirondacks) and we see a few nice old restored Chris Craft and Hackercraft. So how much longer will you and your family be here? We check out on the 29th. Stop in and say hi if you're cruising through the 700 loop. We're at 706. Thanks for the info about Michigan.
Jeff

This morning we cashed in our coupon for a free round of mini golf at Fantasia Gardens. It was a popular place today.
After that we decided to head over to the Grand Floridian to look around. On the way I noticed many of the loop 2100 cabins temporarily placed on the end of the old Disney STOL port runway.
IMG_20160423_130204745_zpsitgtb5rp.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

:rotfl2:Tiggerdad has trained them to take the matches, light the grill, and cook all your burgers while their buddies dig through your cooler. :cool1:

Too funny. They are brave little go-getters, aren't they?

Bama Ed

The matches...

They like their steak well done. They aren't much for the fruits.

Good shot there.​

Tiggerdad, those squirrels kept trying to kill me running. They wanted to see who was faster, at least four different occasions they darted in front of me.

Sorry we missed you hsmytwins. Hope you had a great time at universal. Enjoy your rig, hope you can find some closer places to take it. Enjoy the rest of your time.

Jeffrey1966, enjoy your time. It was great to meet you.

The Atlanta traffic gods smiled on us and said, "You shall pass". Not so lucky for the folks headed south on 75. We made it home in 8.25 hours. That meant all traffic gods were smiling on us. No major events. We will have to clean that front cap before it goes into storage tomorrow. The love bugs are out and I have an entire windshield as a morgue to prove it.

We ate leftovers, doing laundry, I am ready for a shower and then bed. Dogs are wiped out. They were awake most of the drive.

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

In 5 weeks will see a bunch of you at GSP. In that time we have to replace our skylight over the shower that Bert broke while checking the dicor.

Kris, It was great meeting You and Bert and those rockstar dogs of yours. Glad to hear the trip home was smooth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter