APRIL POLY TRIP REPORT...SHORT BUT SWEET

exit30

Mouseketeer
I had posted while at the Poly but thought I'd follow up with a quick report.

Loved the new Poly lobby, quiet pool, and that they require resort bands to get into any pool area. Our room wasn't ready when we checked in early Thur. a.m., so by 1pm we checked back and the front desk got us into a great 3rd flr. room with a beach view in Fiji. Yes we did hear the luau but it was over by around 10pm, no big deal. Mousekeeping was outstanding, we had breakfast the first day at Kona with no ressie, they got us in without any wait.

Not at all happy with the new procedure at Capt. Cooks, they now have you ordering and paying at the register, it got backed up really bad as people couldn't decide what they wanted to order.

Dinner at Cape May Cafe was great as usual, as was breakfast at Tusker House.

Resort monorail service was terrible, I can't tell you how many times it was either down, or at least delayed a good amount of time. We love the Poly for the resort itself, but we are also paying for the monorail resort distinction, so for this service to be incredibly sporadic, we along with many other guests were very displeased. They were not quick to add additional water transportation, so there were large crowds and long waits for transport. Disney REALLY needs to address this.

Overall we had a fantastic stay at the Poly, the changes they've made are fine with me.

I'll answer questions the best I can.

Thanks for posting your review! We had a recent stay at GF and had similar feelings about the transportation. Whenever the monorail was down, the boats were very backed up, lines were VERY long, and they were not quick to add additional boats or buses. One day while leaving MK, the monorail was down and the boat line was WAY WAY back, almost to the bag check to enter the park! A CM was walking up and down the line telling people that there are dedicated buses in #1 for just Poly and GF, but one family spoke up and said they were just at the bus stop for 48 minutes and not one bus came! So it was indeed a problem for our whole week too, and I agree with you that it needs to be addressed.

Regardless, we love Poly too and are anxiously awaiting our next stay there in just a couple months!

Yeah, we love the place, we are taking my sister and nephew in early December, he is finishing his 4 year Navy service in November and I want him to have fun for a couple days with his Mom and us. I would hope they iron out the transportation issues by then, but we will have a great time either way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter