April Park Hours 4/8 and Beyond!

I am also happy to see extended hours at AK when we are there at the end of April - specifically, 4/28. Can we tell yet if extra FPs have been released?

I am also happy to see extended hours at AK when we are there at the end of April - specifically, 4/28. Can we tell yet if extra FPs have been released?
From what I can tell, the only new FPs at AK since the updated hours are for the RoL second show.

Can we tell yet if extra FPs have been released?

This morning I'm seeing many rides with 8-9 am and 9-10 pm time slots available, including Na'vi (no FoP yet), for my dates in mid-April, so it's worth checking if there is something you're looking to change or add! If you go to "modify" on FP you already have booked, you should be able to see the new am or pm time slots available.

ETA: I seem to recall when they changed February and March hours that the 8-9 morning time slot FPs were released a few rides at a time, so keep checking each day.

Last edited:

Overnight, I received an update from Touring Plans with changes to AK hours for 3/30, 3/31, 4/2 and 4/7. Closing changed to 11pm. I am surprised that no changes yet for MK, especially 7am EMH for Easter week.
I'm starting to get nervous about this! I know last year updates were late (a couple weeks?) but I didn't write down the dates and didn't save my emails! Really hoping to see a change tomorrow morning :)

We had a 10am breakfast planned. If there are no EMH at 7am I will probably cancel and do lunch instead to help with our plans a little.

If you already have your FP+ booked and then the hours change and more are released, how do you get one when you’ve already got your 3 without cancelling one first and then potentially having the one you want gone? I hope that makes sense!

If you already have your FP+ booked and then the hours change and more are released, how do you get one when you’ve already got your 3 without cancelling one first and then potentially having the one you want gone? I hope that makes sense!

You hit the modify button on the fp you’re hoping to change. It will show you your options without canceling the existing one. If there isn’t anything else you want, just back out and nothing will have changed.

I'm starting to get nervous about this! I know last year updates were late (a couple weeks?) but I didn't write down the dates and didn't save my emails! Really hoping to see a change tomorrow morning :)

We had a 10am breakfast planned. If there are no EMH at 7am I will probably cancel and do lunch instead to help with our plans a little.

I'm not going to lie, I'm sweating it too. I booked my first Fastpass at 9 a.m., thinking I'd have two hours of time to bang some things out beforehand. It is just Haunted Mansion so I'll be able to bump it...but then you know...the domino effect. Staying hopeful but apprehensive.

I'm not going to lie, I'm sweating it too. I booked my first Fastpass at 9 a.m., thinking I'd have two hours of time to bang some things out beforehand. It is just Haunted Mansion so I'll be able to bump it...but then you know...the domino effect. Staying hopeful but apprehensive.
Yeah I'm not sure how realistic me changing breakfast will be either since its CRT! lol. I had a BOG reservation for lunch initially too and cancelled. I should know you never, ever, ever, cancel a BOG reservation until 11:59pm the night before if there is a chance you'll need it :charac2:

FPs continue to update for the recently added hours. Big Thunder Mtn today - now all the big MK rides are up. Still no FOP.

They opened up for 8am on my day, May 5th. I'm torn. 7am EMH, which I'm not thrilled about! We have the Path Less Travelled tour 10:30-12:30 And currently have a FOP at 12:45-1:45. Should I leave it be? Or move it to 8am? Chances are slim we'll make it in time for EMH.

This morning I'm seeing many rides with 8-9 am and 9-10 pm time slots available, including Na'vi (no FoP yet), for my dates in mid-April, so it's worth checking if there is something you're looking to change or add! If you go to "modify" on FP you already have booked, you should be able to see the new am or pm time slots available.

ETA: I seem to recall when they changed February and March hours that the 8-9 morning time slot FPs were released a few rides at a time, so keep checking each day.

I was just looking at FP for AK and there are FOP FP for the night of 4/18 right now. They weren’t there yesterday but there are a bunch so they might be released for that day. Just wanted to note for anyone looking for those.

So looks like all the FPs for the newly extended hours have posted. Now we can all focus our efforts and anxieties toward what the April specialty hot dog will be at Casey’s...

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!