April Park Hours 4/8 and Beyond!

Runnsally

DIS Veteran
Getting tired of waiting for the next round of park hour updates, so creating this thread as a coping mechanism. Come on Disney...make it happen!

Getting tired of waiting for the next round of park hour updates, so creating this thread as a coping mechanism. Come on Disney...make it happen!

Ugh. I know. We arrive 4/19 - I can't imagine how frustrated folks arriving 4/9 must be. Apparently (found a thread from last year) all April hours were updated last year on 3/18...

We're going in May. I can honestly say I'd rather the park hours stay the same. I don't want to get up even earlier for RDing an EMH day.

Here's hoping the park hours come out soon...especially for those of you going in April.

Wow - we are there April 17-24 and I was not expecting any changes to the hours! Do you think it will be busy enough to warrant adding extra?

I am there the last week ( I go every year at this time) and I do think they hours will change but mostly the parks will be opened later in the day ( and how come Wednesday has at Evening EMH every evening but the one week I will be there and then they go back this is what is getting me mostly)

I'm one of those arriving-on-April-9th people...Disney is taking their sweet time. I mostly care about that Saturday...the thought that MK will actually close at 9pm is a bit silly to me.

I'm also one of those people arriving on April 9th. I've been checking the hours first thing every morning for several weeks now. Nada. Sigh. Personally, I'm not expecting to see earlier openings but I do expect to see the closing times pushed back a little later on at least a few days per week at the Magic Kingdom. I won't be surprised if other parks are not adjusted though.

Wait, so the hours listed can change?

Yes, most definitely. Anything after 4/8 is fair game, especially MK closing times as the PP notes.

Unfortunately Disney is in a pattern of not updating hours until around a month out lately - sometimes (like right now) even less!

Yes, most definitely. Anything after 4/8 is fair game, especially MK closing times as the PP notes.

Unfortunately Disney is in a pattern of not updating hours until around a month out lately - sometimes (like right now) even less!

How do you know when they "official" hours are released?

How do you know when they "official" hours are released?

Check the website every day. Unfortunately.

Touring Plans has an option where you can sign up to ‘watch’ dates and they’ll e-mail you when hours change. I am not sure if it’s free or one of their feartures where you need a subscription. Also not sure how quickly they send the notifications, hopefully someone else knows.

Touring Plans has an option where you can sign up to ‘watch’ dates and they’ll e-mail you when hours change. I am not sure if it’s free or one of their feartures where you need a subscription. Also not sure how quickly they send the notifications, hopefully someone else knows.
While helpful, I’ve found the TP updates to be delayed by several days at least.

The touring plans notifications have been helpful. If you have a subscription and have your trip on your account it will notify you if there are changes to expected crowds and if the park hours change. I'm not sure how quickly they send out notifications, but I have gotten notices for a number of changes for my April trip. If i was within 2 weeks of my trip i would probably just hop on the WDW website daily or so to keep closer tabs on any changes that might affect our plans. I think at this point park hours would just increase - likely not to decrease. If there is Early morning magic planned then there are not going to be any changes to the times at MK. The only issues that could come up would be changes in show times , say if fireworks times change or if you have a PPO breakfast but they have now changed the opening to 8am -- that really messes up peoples plans.

I didn't know the park hours weren't set. I guess I'll just add this to the list of things to keep an eye on.

I didn't know the park hours weren't set. I guess I'll just add this to the list of things to keep an eye on.
And it not just park hours -- it can be nightime fireworks and could also affect show times. I made the mistake of not checking last year. I was only there for a conference but planned a dinner and to go up to top of the world lounge to see wishes which were at 10pm (when i first planned things) -- well to my surprise we are at dinner at the wave and it is about 8:45pm just finishing up dinner -- for some reason i looked at MDE app to look at the time of the fireworks -- and I said oh crap!!! They are at 9:00 -- so we grabbed our check booked it up there -- somehow we made it from the wave, past the DVC card check up the elevator and made it just in time to see the show start. So hard lesson learned that i will be checking times frequently!!

I'm there Easter week and I'm still hopeful to see some additional EMH added at MK for the mornings. I check every day! We're at the two week point now and I'm getting stressed I really want that 7 a.m. emh.

While helpful, I’ve found the TP updates to be delayed by several days at least.
We got our TP hour change emails quite fast in February--always same day, and sometimes fast enough after that additional hard to get FPs in that window were still available. So maybe there's some variation?

I'm trying to recall if we got an email the day the hours changed while we were in the park...I wouldn't have seen it until after, but now I'm curious!

Edit: searched and I actually don't see an email for that hour change. I do see multiple emails for every other change, though, some sent the day things changed and others sent several days after--but at least two emails for every hour change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter