April or June?

bkmorris

Earning My Ears
We are planning a trip for next year, but I can't decide between week of April 14 (our Spring Break) or May 29 (when school is out). I am a planning freak, and it's killing me to pick the week it will be LESS CROWDED. Please help!!!!!!

I would guess that going the end of May beginning of June may be slightly less crowded than Sprig Break--a lot of schools don't get out until June. That being said, if you care about it or not, June 3 - 9 is the 2003 Gay Days Celebration (with that Saturday being Magic Kingdom Day) so that will attract more crowds to that time period. Of course, you can avoid the crowd by going to a park not on their schedule for that day.

The only problem with late May and early June is that is a heavy rain season. We were there twice in June and got soaked every day for our 10 day stay. On the first Thursday it poured rain until about 1PM. We headed for the Magic Kingdom via the ferry. It was cloudy when we boarded. Halfway through the trip the sun came out and then we saw the biggest and most colorful rainbow I ever saw. It stretched from one end of the kingdom to the other. Everyone on board gave out a cheer and some of the passengers yelled out (Disney Magic). It stayed clear until time to go home and then we got a big downpour. In all the visits to WDW this was the only time we used a poncho. We used it daily.

We have been early June twice. Great weather and low crowds.

We are going again in 2003 and 2004

We were there June 2-7 of this year...it was SOOO HOT (97 and 80% humidity)!! Apparently from what other folks were saying we hit an unusually hot streak of weather.

We were also there for one day in April of this year (around the middle) and the weather was much nicer. I don't know about spring breaks on the east coast, but in the midwest they are all in March, so I would imagine that some of the spring break crowd might have dissipated? But I think Easter is late next year, I would definitely check that before planning.

Whichever you decide, have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter