April/May will there be long lines at universal parks

cottontail

DIS Veteran
Hello:

We have never been to the universal parks, and wondering how long line waits are in april/may. Is it similar to wdw waits? Thanks,

Deb.

Hi, Deb:

The first week in April is considered high season due to Spring break, the second week is low but it's still Spring break for some states so it should still have higher than usual crowds. Other than that, with the exception of Memorial day, April and May are great times of year to go to USF.

Hope that helps...

Hi Robin:

Do you think it is worth while checking out of a disney resort to stay in a universal onsite hotel for that quick access room key, to the rides, we are going the last week of april. It sounds like the crowds won't be that bad the last week of april.
We are already staying in two disney resorts, so universal will be three if we check out of wdw resort. Thanks, again,

Deb.

Deb, that depends. Right now I'm staying at a vacation home the first leg of my trip, then transferring to the Hard Rock for one night for the Universal Express magic key! Either that or take a VIP tour.

I've done both and it's really hard to go to USF without the access, it really makes a major difference in how you tour the parks.

I have never been to the park in late April, I'm sure that someone on this board will report how the crowds are, but I can imagine that they're not bad. Again, the hassle of packing up and moving can make or break your decision.

Hello:

We only want to do one day there, so the trick is to move over maybe from disney and that is the day that we would tour the park, and our room will be ready in the afternoon, spend one night and be on our way. I have to contend with that low canadian dollar so I got a quote on a room at hard rock hotel for $170 includ. tax. witih the entertainment card. That is about $278. canadian. ouch Thanks for your comments,

Deb.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter