• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

April 23, 2009 Marked Walt Disney World History!

WeatherbySwann

DIS Veteran
I could be wrong, but I think April 23, 2009 marked a sort of imprint on Disney history as the longest gap of time Walt Disney World has ever had since its opening without a new theme park.

The longest it had been before April 23 was 11 years (between Magic Kingdom on October 1, 1971 and Epcot on October 1, 1982). Hollywood Studios came along on May 1, 1989 and Animal Kingdom on April 22, 1998. Since 11 years is the longest WDW had been without a new theme park and Animal Kingdom had its 11th birthday on April 22, 2009, that means that April 23, 2009 marks the longest WDW has been without a new theme park since its opening!

Not that I think it needs a new theme park, but I just thought I'd share that tidbit of info. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter