April 2018 is the best time for Disney....trip report

We did great this morning pulled out of the site just after 8 am. Got the car hooked up and on our way at 8:25 am. We know good time is 3.5 hours in Florida and 4.5 hours in GA. Did great hit one rest area in florida and the. At the boarder at 12 pm. We did have quite a bit of traffic so I opted not to drive. Then at mile 85 we hit the rest stop, even though I was not driving we needed a break. It was just under 5 hours at that point. Bert took a look at traffic going into Atlanta, no bueno. The plan was to stop again at mile 201, last easy stop for gas before atlanta. The usual problem is at 212. Well 201 had a motorcycle accident, shut down all northbound lanes. We decided to stop for gas at mile 146 just south of 475. We checked traffic and it was awful. Just north of the 475/75 merge a big slow down. This lasted 5 miles, it was not horrible considering what was about to come. The good sitting I that traffic was the accident at 201cleared. Now we had the slow down starting at 207, and it went on until 223. Slow about 25 mph. It was horrible. I think at this point still south of 285 it was closing in on 4:30 or would be soon. Finally at 223 it broke and we decided to take 285 around the city than go through it up 75. That was a good decision. However we saw major back up north of the city on 75, where we need to go for storage. We got on 75 at mile 260 and only needed to travel 5 miles. It took us 30 minutes to do those last 5. Then off the highway and to storage. Got there at 6:05, 9 hours and 40 minutes after leaving. We finally pulled into the garage at home at 7:10, 10 hours and 45 minutes. It was exhausting. Just a few pics and the last is Yeti’s favorite place at home.

View attachment 319694

View attachment 319695

View attachment 319696
Always happy to know you're home safe! I like seeing Yeti in his favorite place.

Ouch, nuthin worse then taking twice as long to get somewhere. Glad you made it home finally. :faint:

We did great this morning pulled out of the site just after 8 am. Got the car hooked up and on our way at 8:25 am. We know good time is 3.5 hours in Florida and 4.5 hours in GA. Did great hit one rest area in florida and the. At the boarder at 12 pm. We did have quite a bit of traffic so I opted not to drive. Then at mile 85 we hit the rest stop, even though I was not driving we needed a break. It was just under 5 hours at that point. Bert took a look at traffic going into Atlanta, no bueno. The plan was to stop again at mile 201, last easy stop for gas before atlanta. The usual problem is at 212. Well 201 had a motorcycle accident, shut down all northbound lanes. We decided to stop for gas at mile 146 just south of 475. We checked traffic and it was awful. Just north of the 475/75 merge a big slow down. This lasted 5 miles, it was not horrible considering what was about to come. The good sitting I that traffic was the accident at 201cleared. Now we had the slow down starting at 207, and it went on until 223. Slow about 25 mph. It was horrible. I think at this point still south of 285 it was closing in on 4:30 or would be soon. Finally at 223 it broke and we decided to take 285 around the city than go through it up 75. That was a good decision. However we saw major back up north of the city on 75, where we need to go for storage. We got on 75 at mile 260 and only needed to travel 5 miles. It took us 30 minutes to do those last 5. Then off the highway and to storage. Got there at 6:05, 9 hours and 40 minutes after leaving. We finally pulled into the garage at home at 7:10, 10 hours and 45 minutes. It was exhausting. Just a few pics and the last is Yeti’s favorite place at home.

View attachment 319694

View attachment 319695

View attachment 319696
Google maps strikes again . Really I am happy you did finally make it home safe Nice that Yeti is in His SPOT. Hope that the memories you all made are good and happy ones.

Thank you so much Now I can't decide if I want some of the Red Velvet Cake in the fridge or The Turkey Hill Red Velvet Ice Cream in the freezer

It certainly helps being the only daughter or daughter in law. Yes I did fill in with my favorite cupcake. I tried to get one Friday night before we left but we ran out of time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!