April 2018 is the best time for Disney....trip report

It was set for 2:35 guess who forgot to shut off that alarm

Bert, Bert, Bert....

giphy.gif

Congrats on your times, both of you. Now try to relax for the remainder of your visit.

Bama Ed

a lounging morning at the camp site. We slept in, but then had sick yeti. Who seems to be better since mommy got some medicine in him. We sat around and drank coffee. Then eventually walked dogs around 500 loop. We also cut some diapers. The pic of Mallory is awesome, we have no kids but we do have diapers and baby wipes.

C44A4A26-FA72-40CF-A2C0-3B4D7277D2C4.jpeg

And yeti being the great white explorer.

B770211B-8949-4553-A42E-7DB478E1535C.jpeg

We then went to Epcot. While on Frozen it rained. Then we headed back. At the rig we ate our earth day cupcake from contemporary. It was really good. The flower pot was chocolate.

ED15E9A0-2181-461D-B2CD-0F696755CAB5.jpeg

Bert, Bert, Bert....

Congrats on your times, both of you. Now try to relax for the remainder of your visit.

Bama Ed
My thoughts exactly. First he beats her in the 1/2 (although 'letting' her win would probably be worse), then the lovely 0235 gift.

She did say "we" ate the Earth Day cupcake, so she either meant "she" or he's forgiven.

Looks you're having a great time Kris. Thanks for the pics and TR.

j

I feel some one should take up for poor Bert. Kris was in corral A while he was behind her in B. We know HIS time was better than hers but not that he passed her and crossed the line before her. Hence he may have been unaware of besting his bride' So she MAY have shared the cupcake with him There is too much chocolate for the Rock Stars better bet is she split it with Mr and Mrs Bert's Dad and Mom

I feel some one should take up for poor Bert. Kris was in corral A while he was behind her in B. We know HIS time was better than hers but not that he passed her and crossed the line before her. Hence he may have been unaware of besting his bride' So she MAY have shared the cupcake with him There is too much chocolate for the Rock Stars better bet is she split it with Mr and Mrs Bert's Dad and Mom
Kris shared with Bert but there's no way she'd cut that cupcake into 4 pieces! Kris and I each had a "Frozen" cupcake from the Contemporary last night!

I was a terrible mommy and took no pictures today. We did have an enjoyable morning with the rock stars sitting outside and drinking coffee. They got a walk around 500, then we set off to the contemporary to pick up mrs Bert’s mom and dad, then to AK. We road FOP. Mr Bert’s dad gets motion sick and while he was glad he did it, probably won’t do it again. After FOP, which was having technical difficulties, we were in one room and they moved us, but they forgot we had a wheelchair. We finished higher up, but it was ok because mrs Bert’s mom can walk just not around parks all day. I was smart and asked someone so we went some crazy back ways through that ride to get back to the chair.

Next we saw the new bird show with Up. First I loved flights of wonder, but thought it is ok to do an update. I was excited to see dug, but the show and story was not good. In fact bad. It made no sense what so ever. It did not help that the birds were not quite cooperating but it was stil bad. I know it has only been going a few days so hopefully they work out the bugs, but wow in a bad way. I kept looking at my watch and in fact saw quite a few people leave mid show.

After that we had a great show of the festival of the lion king. Then on to the safari. We headed back to the contemporary and headed right to the boat dock. It was 5 pm and we had a ressie at 6. We just missed the boat, so played pool and connect 4 until it came back. We got to TE about 15 minutes a head of time and got seated right away. Food was delicious as always.

We sat outside to feed dogs and then the rock stars did another lap of 500. Changed a yeti bandage and off to bed.

We road FOP. Mr Bert’s dad gets motion sick and while he was glad he did it, probably won’t do it again

Both DW and I have motion sickness tendencies. We rode FOP for the first time last June and were OK. We rode again in December, felt awful afterward, and decided we probably wouldn't ride again. But by the time we were back in March, we decided to try it again. This time, we took Bonine motion sickness med about an hour before the FP+ and we both felt great after riding. The Bonine now stays in the camper.

Yeti has that look. That "Did somebody say cupcakes ?" Look
Sorry that the new UP show was a bust as I are the one who clued you in on it

In the pic of yeti he was actually eyeing a gecko. I could not get the phone out fast enough to get the gecko in the pic. He took off.

No worries on the Up show, I wanted to see it. It was just disappointing.

Went for a run this morning now sitting outside. Will be heading to Disney Springs for lunch at Homecomin

Lunch was fabulous. I really do like homecomin, but it’s not great for health food, fried, biscuits, potatoes, lots of carbs but so good. After lunch we headed to MK. The most important thing of the night was the golf cart petting parade. It was only 3 carts but Mallory loves it.

Kris for normal people extra calories at Disney don't count. For you and Bert with the way you train it is only normal maintenance.
Hope everyone enjoyed their afternoon at MK Trust Mrs.Bert's Mom didn't show off too much on Tomorrowland Speedway
Maybe tomorrow more people will realize they have Rock Stars in their presence and come flocking and fawn all over Mallory and Yeti both giving them all the EXTRA attention they deserve (No-one can love them more than you guys do)

Just read a report over on WDWNT that says that the attractions in PANDORA section of AK have both been down since Wed after experiencing sporadic shut downs on Tue, Gibb's rule # 39 keeps playing in my head

Yeah we had issues on Tuesday with FOP. Had to change rooms but got on. The boat ride had been shut down. We went on FOP today. Again we had to change rooms. It’s struggling but running. Headed back to RV so we can work on tear down.

Mrs. Bert's Mom a short time ago you were a tad upset that you hadn't been sent a slice of a particular cake did you get some this trip?

We did great this morning pulled out of the site just after 8 am. Got the car hooked up and on our way at 8:25 am. We know good time is 3.5 hours in Florida and 4.5 hours in GA. Did great hit one rest area in florida and the. At the boarder at 12 pm. We did have quite a bit of traffic so I opted not to drive. Then at mile 85 we hit the rest stop, even though I was not driving we needed a break. It was just under 5 hours at that point. Bert took a look at traffic going into Atlanta, no bueno. The plan was to stop again at mile 201, last easy stop for gas before atlanta. The usual problem is at 212. Well 201 had a motorcycle accident, shut down all northbound lanes. We decided to stop for gas at mile 146 just south of 475. We checked traffic and it was awful. Just north of the 475/75 merge a big slow down. This lasted 5 miles, it was not horrible considering what was about to come. The good sitting I that traffic was the accident at 201cleared. Now we had the slow down starting at 207, and it went on until 223. Slow about 25 mph. It was horrible. I think at this point still south of 285 it was closing in on 4:30 or would be soon. Finally at 223 it broke and we decided to take 285 around the city than go through it up 75. That was a good decision. However we saw major back up north of the city on 75, where we need to go for storage. We got on 75 at mile 260 and only needed to travel 5 miles. It took us 30 minutes to do those last 5. Then off the highway and to storage. Got there at 6:05, 9 hours and 40 minutes after leaving. We finally pulled into the garage at home at 7:10, 10 hours and 45 minutes. It was exhausting. Just a few pics and the last is Yeti’s favorite place at home.

C4E8C0C7-BE48-448D-B868-1A7231C996ED.jpeg

CECDE1E0-ABB9-45D0-8C75-9C2E8AC85569.jpeg

B7EAD5BB-4F9D-4FC3-B48E-AA37B336E902.jpeg

Glad you made it home, safe and sound. It sounds like your trip was like our last several. Can’t catch a break with the wrecks and delays.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter