April 2018 is the best time for Disney....trip report

Bloomcruisers just posted in the Adventures of the Traveling Fire Pit thread they will NOT be caring for it this week. Apparently, Mom and Dad's down time at their site was over ridden by Kids' desire to sing along with Chip and Dale

Where do i begin? We hoped to leave the condo by 9:30 so we could get the rig at 10. Hoping to be out by 10:30. We did great out of the condo on time. They still had to fill tires so we did not leave till 11:10, i was a little annoyed. The rig is stored north of the city and i wanted to get through atlanta early as 75 south through atlanta always sucks. Dissappointed it was so late but we did not have to be anywhere quick. We had a resservation at eagles roost right at GA/FL boarder. On a good day it is 4.5 hours to that point and then 3.5 in Florida.

Once south of atlanta or mile marker 212, we determined we did not lose that much time. We started discussing if eagles roost was the best stop. At that point we thought we would get there at 3:45. It seemed silly to stop that early,especially with daylight till 8. Now i was not ready to make a call yet to switch campgrounds to Ocala Sun, we still had things that could slow us down. So we said we would decide about mile post 45. Now we road. We were planning on stopping at the rest area at mile post 118. We had not stopped and big things might happen here. We knew the next rest area was at 76.

We stopped at 118. Went to the bathroom, pet dogs and walked around. And then this happened

8DD0EC33-A7F1-4438-8DB4-BE7737597A7C.jpeg

And if you don’t believe me

267BBCAE-2FE5-4C00-920B-5937A4CDC1BE.jpeg

Yep i drove for 42 miles!!!! I had to change lanes for construction and turn in the rest areas. I did it. I had not told people i was going to try to drive in case it did not happen but i did it!!

After my drive we switched again and it was time to decide on campgrounds. Ocala sun had lots of spots so cancelled eagles roost and drove to Ocala. It was a good decision. We hit exit 5 at 3:45 and it was way too early to stop driving. We made it to Ocala sun just past 6. This means just over an hour to Disney tomorrow.

We had our first catastrophe as we were taking mallory out. Her harness broke. We swapped her harness for yeti’s. We actually lift mallory by her harness verses yeti is deadlifted and carried in and out. It should be ok for this week.

Am exhausted more tomorrow.

And then this happened
Congrats Chris.

Some good friends just put a deposit down on their first MH. (June and her husband for anyone that was at GSP last year) 36ft Windsport. Big step up for them. They started in a T@b, traded into a 24ft TT and now this. My friends DH was an OTR truck driver for 25 years and she has said she might... someday... try to drive the MH. I'll let her know you made your first miles. It will inspire her. Their MH should be arriving in about a month.

j

Where do i begin? We hoped to leave the condo by 9:30 so we could get the rig at 10. Hoping to be out by 10:30. We did great out of the condo on time. They still had to fill tires so we did not leave till 11:10, i was a little annoyed. The rig is stored north of the city and i wanted to get through atlanta early as 75 south through atlanta always sucks. Dissappointed it was so late but we did not have to be anywhere quick. We had a resservation at eagles roost right at GA/FL boarder. On a good day it is 4.5 hours to that point and then 3.5 in Florida.

Once south of atlanta or mile marker 212, we determined we did not lose that much time. We started discussing if eagles roost was the best stop. At that point we thought we would get there at 3:45. It seemed silly to stop that early,especially with daylight till 8. Now i was not ready to make a call yet to switch campgrounds to Ocala Sun, we still had things that could slow us down. So we said we would decide about mile post 45. Now we road. We were planning on stopping at the rest area at mile post 118. We had not stopped and big things might happen here. We knew the next rest area was at 76.

We stopped at 118. Went to the bathroom, pet dogs and walked around. And then this happened

View attachment 318048

And if you don’t believe me

View attachment 318049

Yep i drove for 42 miles!!!! I had to change lanes for construction and turn in the rest areas. I did it. I had not told people i was going to try to drive in case it did not happen but i did it!!

After my drive we switched again and it was time to decide on campgrounds. Ocala sun had lots of spots so cancelled eagles roost and drove to Ocala. It was a good decision. We hit exit 5 at 3:45 and it was way too early to stop driving. We made it to Ocala sun just past 6. This means just over an hour to Disney tomorrow.

We had our first catastrophe as we were taking mallory out. Her harness broke. We swapped her harness for yeti’s. We actually lift mallory by her harness verses yeti is deadlifted and carried in and out. It should be ok for this week.

Am exhausted more tomorrow.
Great that you were only 40 min off schedule getting your rig around here I call that on time. Our average delay is 2 hrs.
We too pet THE GIRLS when we stop but I find things go easier when we Pee them as well
:drive::car::dogdance::car::drive::car::dogdance::car::drive::car::dogdance::car::dogdance::car::dogdance::car::drive:
" Well the girls can't stand her
Cause she walks , looks and Drives like an Ace noe
She looks like and ace Yeah she looks like an ace
She makes the INDY 500 look like a chariot race now
You look like an ace Yeah you look like an Ace
A lot of guys try to catch her
But she leads em on wild goose chase Now
You drive like an ace Yeah you drive like an ACE"

Last edited:

Just heard from my contact that your application for membership into the prestigious
" Anahiem,Azusa, and Cucamonga Sewing Circle,Book Review, and Timing Association"
Has been provisionally approved pending a review by their President "The Little Old Lady From Pasadena" so maybe we can all give Mrs. Bert's Mom a nudge and have her sign off on it this week

We are here. Got here at 11:30 no line at check in. Asked if anything was available in 400 our new favorite loop but nothing was ready or would be, same for 700. We are in 500. An inside site was available immediately and one on the outside would be later. We took the inside one and drivw to it. It would work so parked it. We don’t like inside loops because your patio can be right on the street and not good for dogs. This one had cover. We are in 529.

We are headed to expo now to get bibs then will finish set up. Will get pics up later.

Looked up your site on the Fort Fiends app. From what they show I believe you will be happy there. Easy for Mrs. Bert's Mom to get to, nice opening towards the rear for the Rock Stars ( They may have to adjust to not telling the Horses there are New Sheriff's in town ) After getting your race bibs tie on some dinner ones

Once parked we hooked up power, pushed the slides and left for the expo. Since it was the last day it was not crazy and we did not purchase anything. Back to the site at 2 and now the fun started. First we let the rock stars lay around outside and we did our outside setup.

This is a good one of the site, but we did not have lights up yet.

7425A1F7-9B0F-4885-A1DB-E3F9067D6A8B.jpeg

We hooked up water, sewer, and then washed the front cap and the car. Next was lights and everything else outside except the chairs, we knew we were not sitting out tonight.

This is from the trash cans right at our site.

193886F6-D3C9-4928-87BD-060441F9E141.jpeg

So good cover.

This is the rock stars because everyone wants to see them.

616F93B1-7F1A-442C-B2D2-49E5D93D81A1.jpeg

After we were done with outside we walked the dogs around the 500 loop. Yeti almost made it around but he had to stop and rest. After the walk everyone went inside. We took much needed showers then fed dogs and off to dinner at Trails End. Holy Batman it was packed but we had a ressie and only waited 10 minutes. The buffet line was long. Food was good as usual but we did not go crazy with the run tomorrow, plus we are eating there with MIL and probably again on Friday night before we leave, it’s convenient.

Right now we are worried about the weather. It is supposed to shower all morning. Hoping to stay a tad dry but it will be warm and humidity will be up. After race race we have brunch at Cali Grille, our favorite!

I know you are all waiting for the results. Bert and I did not run together. I started in coral A and him in B. Well bert beat me. It is official he has the fastest half time now. Granted he beat me by 12 seconds so we were close. 1:51:49 for him and 1:52:01 for me.

Next brunch.

Way to go Bert. Now that you have bested your Wife into the Winner's circle Welcome to the Loser's circle with the rest of us ( Only kidding she won't have you sleeping with the ROCK STARS, For too long I suspect ) Hope weather was decent for both of you and no long term after effects that will interfere with your plans for the rest of the week.

Way to go Bert. Now that you have bested your Wife into the Winner's circle Welcome to the Loser's circle with the rest of us ( Only kidding she won't have you sleeping with the ROCK STARS, For too long I suspect ) Hope weather was decent for both of you and no long term after effects that will interfere with your plans for the rest of the week.
Well Mike, I'm sitting on our 9th floor balcony at the Contemporary gazing fondly at The Castle. Perfection!! To me, this is considered partying!

Chris, Congrats!! I was scared to death the 1st time I drove our 5th wheel. Now I can't help drive until I get my Class "A" drivers license. All I drive is on the freeway. Think I will pass the written, but the DPS person makes you drive thru neighborhoods & weird turns. Not so sure about that without years of practice. Arnold passed with flying colors. Congrats on your race.

Well Mike, I'm sitting on our 9th floor balcony at the Contemporary gazing fondly at The Castle. Perfection!! To me, this is considered partying!
Mrs Bert's Mom that sounds wonderful. But isn't YOUR room on the 5th floor lake view. Maybe the answer to "Would like the Bottomless Mimosa? " of CHALLENGE ACCEPTED, wasn't such a good idea. Don't get me wrong I admire the Moxey it sounds like something I might have said a few years ago

Won’t write much but give you some action shots of the race, but not of brunch. No time for pictures at brunch I wanted to eat.

From the race, bert looks serious in all his photos. I, on the other hand, not so much.

7B7BFE42-20A4-4B35-B45A-294F0B6C19F4.jpeg

2A071738-46F0-4463-9E98-0EE2FA2706B3.jpeg

40FA7238-43A5-4935-A74F-CD36DE2CDE88.jpeg

90DC5095-2F69-405D-B287-532D3C6009E4.jpeg

7025565B-F262-4FC3-9BFD-E0B48C0FF987.jpeg

BF4B8204-8B56-4FDA-8B45-C8042DA6FB0C.jpeg

Since we finished early we waited for two photo ops.

EFE9363B-2418-484F-8E23-2CABDB731679.jpeg

85891426-F694-46CF-BB48-865E5678B30A.jpeg

After the race was a delicious brunch. For entrees bert got steak and eggs and I got shrimp and grits, but we took it to go since we filled up on sushi. I did manage to get a special earth day cupcake from contemporary but we are too full to eat it.

Attachments

• 8350F4CD-E3E0-4B45-8D16-0244513AA8D0.jpeg
    8350F4CD-E3E0-4B45-8D16-0244513AA8D0.jpeg
    81.2 KB · Views: 4
Next we went to go see mrs Bert’s mom. They are staying at the contemporary and got in while we had brunch. We chatted for a while then had to head back for dogs as we were meeting them at 4:30 at 7dmt.

On our way in we got this.

CCB6FEB6-5D8C-4B1A-AA02-6D79C9C7AF3D.jpeg

We did mine train, the pirates, then dinner at skipper canteen. Restaurant was FREEZING, but food was delicious. It was 7 when dinner was over. Bert and I had been up since 2:35 with no nap. Exhausted we headed back to the rig to feed dogs again, walk them, and change Yeti bandage.

That is all for now. I hope I sleep. And no alarm for tomorrow morning.

Bert told me no alarm for today, so I did not set my phone. We have another alarm clock he is responsible for. As it gets closer to wake up time the light gets brighter to gradually wake you up. It was set for 2:35 guess who forgot to shut off that alarm?

And problem number two set in this morning, yeti is sick. We have had this before on vacation and he is even getting bottled water but tummy is not good. Thankfully I have medicine for him so hopefully it kicks in quick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter