April 2018 Check-In

What is the ONE THING all you April visitors are most excited to see/do while in Disneyland?

My DD and I are really looking forward to more character interactions. She wants to meet Stitch and I want to meet Oswald (and Donald and Daisy and Aurora...)

Can everything be an option?! My husband and I last went in 2002. It will be our boys first trip.. They are soon to 8 and 6.
Seeing their reactions will be priceless. I'm super excited to go to Cars Land!

Can everything be an option?! My husband and I last went in 2002. It will be our boys first trip.. They are soon to 8 and 6.
Seeing their reactions will be priceless. I'm super excited to go to Cars Land!
You are going to have such a great time!!! Your boys will be in heaven I was never a big cats fan and we skipped it in 2012 because it was packed. But I have to say I really loved it this last trip and RSR is at the top of my fav ride list for sure! It just has everything!

You are going to have such a great time!!! Your boys will be in heaven I was never a big cats fan and we skipped it in 2012 because it was packed. But I have to say I really loved it this last trip and RSR is at the top of my fav ride list for sure! It just has everything!

They are so thrilled!! We've been planning this with our friends since the end of Sept. We just told them the secret last Sunday. We had them and their good friend who is coming with our friends do a treasure hunt with clues. SO MUCH FUN! It's so fun now that we can talk to them about it, show them ride, look at all the yummy food, see which characters we may get to see.. Eeks, counting down the days!

We are staying at the Courtyard with the water park! Where are you staying?

I'm super bummed that WOC won't be showing end of April. At least I never saw F! or PTN so I hope I will enjoy them! I plan on booking BB F! pkg and PTN dessert party.

Hi guys we are first timers from Australia staying at Disneyland Hotel 22nd-26th April - soooo excited!!

I’m wanting to get max passes but I can’t load my tickets onto the app as I purchased them through Expedia. Do I have to wait until I get to Disneyland to receive my actual tickets then I can get max passes?

Did you get the 4 for the price of 2 tickets? They're vouchers that need to be exchanged at the ticket kiosks first (or maybe at the hotel if it is a Disney hotel? Never stayed at one). Usually we've gotten our tickets through LMT club and they're e-tickets so a bit different. You'll have to redeem the voucher for tickets before you can add Maxpass. We get into LAX at 0730 from Syd and are going straight to the parks, I'll be doing all that while jetlagged :D

What is the ONE THING all you April visitors are most excited to see/do while in Disneyland?

My DD and I are really looking forward to more character interactions. She wants to meet Stitch and I want to meet Oswald (and Donald and Daisy and Aurora...)

Getting to go to all the lounges and fancy places we wouldn't drag the kids to! Going on rides together rather than rider swap too.

I'm really bummed that they are replacing the WOC Dessert Party with PTN. I was really looking forward to doing it for WOC. It seems silly to do it for a parade, especially one I've already seen.

Very bummed about this too! We'll probably do the Sonoma one but it won't be the same as hitting and watching WOC?

Looking forward to Radiator Springs, Alfresco Tasting Terrace (wine, outside on a balcony), Trader Sams, and staying at the Disneyland hotel.

60 more days togo.

They are so thrilled!! We've been planning this with our friends since the end of Sept. We just told them the secret last Sunday. We had them and their good friend who is coming with our friends do a treasure hunt with clues. SO MUCH FUN! It's so fun now that we can talk to them about it, show them ride, look at all the yummy food, see which characters we may get to see.. Eeks, counting down the days!

We are staying at the Courtyard with the water park! Where are you staying?
Lucky boys!!! We surprised my daughter in 2012 We are staying at Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort. We went very low cost as long as it was clean since my DD is 14 and we are there just to sleep. Last visit in January we stayed at Hyatt Pkace and it was really clean and comfy. But nothing special if you have little kids!
Did you get the 4 for the price of 2 tickets? They're vouchers that need to be exchanged at the ticket kiosks first (or maybe at the hotel if it is a Disney hotel? Never stayed at one). Usually we've gotten our tickets through LMT club and they're e-tickets so a bit different. You'll have to redeem the voucher for tickets before you can add Maxpass. We get into LAX at 0730 from Syd and are going straight to the parks, I'll be doing all that while jetlagged :D

Getting to go to all the lounges and fancy places we wouldn't drag the kids to! Going on rides together rather than rider swap too.

Very bummed about this too! We'll probably do the Sonoma one but it won't be the same as hitting and watching WOC?

Last visit it was me and two 14 year olds who rode together so I was solo. I’m looking forward to riding with my DD this time!!!

I'm super bummed that WOC won't be showing end of April. At least I never saw F! or PTN so I hope I will enjoy them! I plan on booking BB F! pkg and PTN dessert party.

Can I ask where you saw this? Do you know what’s the last date WOC is being shown? We’re going in late April and I was really looking forward to WOC because last time I tried to catch it about 5 years ago they stopped the show about 10 min in and I never got to see the whole thing.

Can I ask where you saw this? Do you know what’s the last date WOC is being shown? We’re going in late April and I was really looking forward to WOC because last time I tried to catch it about 5 years ago they stopped the show about 10 min in and I never got to see the whole thing.

Nothing concrete yet, there's a few rumour posts floating round on here and in other places (but the ones I've watched on here usually turn out to be true!). Suggestion is that WOC is going down on 13 April, at the start of Pixar Fest, and not coming back until sometime in May.

Being our first trip to DLR, I was really looking forward to see WOC but very strong rumours suggest it won't be shown after April 13th. First there's no dessert party or dining packages available for WOC after April 12th AND Adventures by Disney wrote it won't be included in their DLR tours for end of April. Anyway, I am planning my trip without it for now.

Nothing concrete yet, there's a few rumour posts floating round on here and in other places (but the ones I've watched on here usually turn out to be true!). Suggestion is that WOC is going down on 13 April, at the start of Pixar Fest, and not coming back until sometime in May.

Not sure if I'm happy with the trade off of Pixar Fest for WOC. Oh well, we'll still have fun either way. Thanks for the info!

Being our first trip to DLR, I was really looking forward to see WOC but very strong rumours suggest it won't be shown after April 13th. First there's no dessert party or dining packages available for WOC after April 12th AND Adventures by Disney wrote it won't be included in their DLR tours for end of April. Anyway, I am planning my trip without it for now.

Yeah, sounds like I'm going to have to start rethinking my plans. Was going to do WOC dining at Carthay, but it's crazy that the price jumped $30 for the Paint the Night dining package. We'll probably skip the dining package now. Thanks for the info!

Last edited:
It's almost my 60 day mark. Looks like no WOC Dessert party but a PTN package in it's place. (Loved the WOC Dessert party last time we were there, but will do PTN Sonoma Terrace instead.) I have never seen PTN.
We did the BB Fantasmic pkg in Sept. We plan on eating at BB again anyway as its my DD's favorite, but really don't care about Fantasmic. It's only about $10 more per person to do the Fantasmic reservation though. Thinking about booking it anyway in case we change our mind and want to watch again. I have a few more days to decide before I can book.

Do they still give out little cushions with the BB Fantasmic package? I have one from a few years ago but didn't see anything about it online.

What are your favorite meals or treats? The ones that you HAVE to get each and every time.. We're trying to figure out our "top" lists - rides, treats, ect.

I feel like we need some sort of game plan so we don't feel overwhelmed if it's super busy while we are there :)

Last night we checked out a couple Disneyland youtubers and some ride videos. Getting excited!

What are your favorite meals or treats? The ones that you HAVE to get each and every time.. We're trying to figure out our "top" lists - rides, treats, ect.

I feel like we need some sort of game plan so we don't feel overwhelmed if it's super busy while we are there :)

Last night we checked out a couple Disneyland youtubers and some ride videos. Getting excited!

Here’s a recent thread with some food recommendations! https://www.disboards.com/threads/what-should-we-not-miss-food-related.3664297/

And check out Disneylanddaily.com to help plan out your trip. Enjoy!:flower1:

My DD and I just can't wait to get back to our second 'home'. We usually do yearly trips but we decided to take a break last year and boy, do we miss DL. Just wandering around and taking in all the sights is what we like to do the best! And my DD loves getting autographs and her photo taken with the characters! :-)

We always eat a meal at: Carnation Cafe- an order of fried pickles and seasoned fries to share, dh chicken fried chicken, ds main sourdough cheese-bacon melt, dd1 baked potato soup, dd2 spinach salad with grilled chicken, me homemade meatloaf. Everything at Carnation Cafe is good.

Whitewater Snacks- steak/chicken nachos. No pizza. We used to get the individual pizza with the salad. This was a perfect meal. Sadly, they got rid of it and added other pizza. BRING IT BACK.

I can't wait for more information about the entertainment schedule for after the 14th. :D I had hoped to be booking my F! pkg any day now but no luck :(
All the changes over at DCA have me a little nervous too even though it is exciting to hear about some of the new entertainment/dining package options and maybe (fingers crossed) Cove Bar will be open for April!!!
We aren't usually 'parade people' as the crowds and wait time to get a good spot really puts us off however reading about the length of the parade route and wider streets in CA could mean it might be a bit less crazy to find a spot.
Hopefully. Maybe. :laughing: And maybe they'll have it every night as there is no WOC. :goodvibes

I like the idea of the Sonoma Terrace PtN dessert pkg but I don't really want to book without hearing about other experiences first. I've never been the guinea pig, I rely on the more experienced DISers to do that job! :p

As March draws closer I am getiing more and more excited! C'mon April! I think I am driving DH crazy with my constant comments or questions about our trip, or maybe he's used to it by now. He loves Disneyland too, but he's more of the 'non-planner, I'll get excited when I get there' type of person. We are usually not parade people, but I've never seen PtN, so we may try for that. Since it's at DCA I am not convinced a dining package will be necessary. It'll be weird going this trip and not riding Screamin' (ugh, Incredicoaster) over and over again. Super excited to be at my happy place either way though! :goodvibes

I'm working out the details to go to Disneyland on April 16-18 with two of my kids (10, 12) The 16 yo and the hubby don't want to go ( :sad2: ) . We would arrive on the 15th, then on the 19th we'll head to the ocean, spend the 20th at Harry Potter world, then fly home on the 21st.

I'm debating whether to get a Good Neighbor Hotel, or try an AirBnB a little farther our since we plan to use Lyft to get around anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!