April 2018 Check-In

I just booked a dapper trip for the 22-26th at the grand. DH is so excited to dress dapper!! I can't wait to surprise the twins and DD....now onto planning how and when to surprise them. It's always been a dream to stay at the grand, so that makes everything even more special! This will be our third dapper trip and I really want to do it with a bang this time!

We'll be there April 12-16! Last visit was June - lots has already changed since then. It's a grownups only trip; we purchased Maxpass to see what we think -- decided to cut the budget a little (a lot!) by staying at the BW Park Place Inn again. I love the Disneyland Hotel but at almost 3x the price I just couldn't do it. We can walk to the BW and get a free breakfast...

It's the first weekend of Pixar Fest so I'll be excited to see what happens there also. I have a faint hope that the Incredicoaster might be ready to roll but I doubt it... Also anyone know about Splash Mountain? I know it's under refurb now but I swear I saw somewhere that it reopens April 14 or something... anyone?

See you at DLR!

Where is everyone staying? Would love to stay on property but the cost prohibits...

Stayed at Hyatt Place in January and it was nice. Very clean and ART was close by. Trying to stick to a tight budget this time. Any recommendations? We don't care about included breakfast. Need shuttle and needs to be clean.

We thought the Best Western Park Place Inn was a good deal -- nothing fancy but clean and comfortable with big rooms. The best part is that it's literally across the street from the main entrance, so no shuttle needed. There is a free breakfast -- pretty standard but free after all. For one-third the price of the Disneyland Hotel, we'll be staying again in April.

My BFF and I will be there April 9-14! I'm a CM at WDW but haven't been to DL since 1983. Excited to see how different it is.
You'll barely recognize the place! Be sure to spend lots of time in Carsland -- WDW doesn't have anything like it (yet??)! And of course Indiana Jones and the new ToT are must-dos. Have a blast!

We're staying at Kings, the former Super 8. Has had a freshening up and all reviews say clean and pleasant. There is breakfast but it doesn't seem like something we'd bother with, will likely grab some fruit and protein bars and head straight to rope drop.

Usually we have the kids and have stayed at Desert Palms and Residence Inn @ Convention Centre so we could have separate bedrooms. Residence in is newer and nicer pool and breakfast. We consider all of those walking distance, even with the kids.

When will Disney release park hours for April? Our first trip is coming for 4/28-5/1.really anxious to get my planning started!

Last time we went, they were featuring Paint The Night as well so I think it’s kind of funny all of our parades will be the same. Excited for new fireworks and getting to see Fantasmic! since it was down last time!

We're staying at Camelot. Originally, we had reservations at Alpine Inn but with the "extended stay discount" at Camelot (5+ nights) we were able to get it for only $16 more (total) than Alpine Inn and I'm glad we'll be a little closer. It's a very laid back grown-up girls trip with lots of eating and drinking. It will be great to be able to run back to hotel whenever we want.

Hi guys we are first timers from Australia staying at Disneyland Hotel 22nd-26th April - soooo excited!!

I’m wanting to get max passes but I can’t load my tickets onto the app as I purchased them through Expedia. Do I have to wait until I get to Disneyland to receive my actual tickets then I can get max passes?

Just booked an Easter weekend trip March 30th - April 2nd staying at Ramada Plaza :)

What is the ONE THING all you April visitors are most excited to see/do while in Disneyland?

My DD and I are really looking forward to more character interactions. She wants to meet Stitch and I want to meet Oswald (and Donald and Daisy and Aurora...)

What is the ONE THING all you April visitors are most excited to see/do while in Disneyland?

My DD and I are really looking forward to more character interactions. She wants to meet Stitch and I want to meet Oswald (and Donald and Daisy and Aurora...)
I’m excited for Fantasmic. It was closed last time we were there for Star Wars construction.

It's almost my 60 day mark. Looks like no WOC Dessert party but a PTN package in it's place. (Loved the WOC Dessert party last time we were there, but will do PTN Sonoma Terrace instead.) I have never seen PTN.
We did the BB Fantasmic pkg in Sept. We plan on eating at BB again anyway as its my DD's favorite, but really don't care about Fantasmic. It's only about $10 more per person to do the Fantasmic reservation though. Thinking about booking it anyway in case we change our mind and want to watch again. I have a few more days to decide before I can book.

It's almost my 60 day mark. Looks like no WOC Dessert party but a PTN package in it's place. (Loved the WOC Dessert party last time we were there, but will do PTN Sonoma Terrace instead.) I have never seen PTN.
We did the BB Fantasmic pkg in Sept. We plan on eating at BB again anyway as its my DD's favorite, but really don't care about Fantasmic. It's only about $10 more per person to do the Fantasmic reservation though. Thinking about booking it anyway in case we change our mind and want to watch again. I have a few more days to decide before I can book.
I'm really bummed that they are replacing the WOC Dessert Party with PTN. I was really looking forward to doing it for WOC. It seems silly to do it for a parade, especially one I've already seen.

Being back after 10 years!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter