April 2018 Check-In

Just booked our accommodation, 2 nights at Kings Inn (I think it used to be Super 8? Getting good reviews now anyway ). We usually stay somewhere with a 1 bed apartment and free breakfast as it is so great with the kids but with just the two of us, we'll just crash there and spend longer at the parks.

We get into LAX AT 0730 after a 14hr flight. Plan is to dump bags, head straight to the parks and come back for an early arvo nap to reset for the timezone. Just had my leave approved by work today, can you tell I'm super excited :D

:wave: We will be there April 11-15 after being in Shanghai for 11 days. (Shanghai Disneyland is a part of our plans, too, while we are over there!) And, we’re staying at the Courtyard Themepark. DH and I have been to DLR once before, but the kids have not. I am SO excited for them! I hate that California Screamin’ will be down because two of my boys would love it. And, honestly, I’m a little scared of the crowds for opening night of Pixar Fest. But we’ll manage, I’m sure!

We are going at the end of April, staying at the Camelot. We went just last year, but things are changing so fast at he DLR and I haven't had time to keep up! I didn't realize California Screamin' would be closed- forgot about the Incredibles change coming. And it looks like Splash Mountain might not be running?! I really hope it's back up by April, since it's my son's favorite. Are other people going at this time opting for Max Pass? It kind of seems like a pain, I don't like to have to be glued to my phone on vacation. I am hoping it won't be necessary. Plus it'll hike the price of our trip.

We are going at the end of April, staying at the Camelot. We went just last year, but things are changing so fast at he DLR and I haven't had time to keep up! I didn't realize California Screamin' would be closed- forgot about the Incredibles change coming. And it looks like Splash Mountain might not be running?! I really hope it's back up by April, since it's my son's favorite. Are other people going at this time opting for Max Pass? It kind of seems like a pain, I don't like to have to be glued to my phone on vacation. I am hoping it won't be necessary. Plus it'll hike the price of our trip.
I just saw a post on the micechat discussion board with Splash Mountain having a "rumored" refurb end date of April 13th. I REALLY hope that is true... we will be there the following week. It's bad enough losing Screamin' but adding Splash to that would be awful! Let's hope it's finished for both our visits! :-)

I think we'll get the Max Pass for our second or third day (which will not be a full day, got to drive up to LA) depending on crowd levels. We've used paper FP quite thoroughly the last two trips and with only the two of us, walking to grab a FP is way easier without the kids! But, this time we will have hoppers and I can see a definite advantage in being able to book FPs for the park we are not in at the time.

My daughter and I are coming April 23-28. Last trip was in Sept but it seems like so long ago. Our passes expire in May so we wanted to get one more trip in! First time staying at Homewood Suites Main Gate.

We will be in Anaheim 4/21-4/28. We have a split stay between Dolphin's Cove & GCV. I cannot wait! Last time we were out there was April 2013. We are traveling with my BIL, SIL and nephew. It's a surprise trip for my nephew to see Carsland. They want to do all sorts of CA things since this is probably a one-time trip for them. My husband can't get approval to use holidays to join us for this trip until 30 days out. Fingers crossed he can come!

My son and I will be there April 16-19. This will be our first trip back in 3 years. Prior to that we visited twice a year. We are excited to see what has changed since the last time we were there.

Tentatively planning to be there 4/9-4/12. DO a lot of pricing and arm twisting right now since I was just there in January :) he he!

Just booked today. First trip to Disneyland. Staying at Disneyland Hotel April 18 - 25. Can't wait. Let the fun begin. More planning. I know it's not suppose to require lots of planning, but that is half the fun. :yay::bounce:

It's definitely half the fun!!! My motto is to make a great game plan and then be ready to let it go at any moment! :)

It’s official! DD and I will be there 4/10-4/11! So excited to be returning so soon after our January visit! I was hoping for a few more days this time but I’ll take two over none!!!

I think we'll get the Max Pass for our second or third day (which will not be a full day, got to drive up to LA) depending on crowd levels. We've used paper FP quite thoroughly the last two trips and with only the two of us, walking to grab a FP is way easier without the kids! But, this time we will have hoppers and I can see a definite advantage in being able to book FPs for the park we are not in at the time.

Ha, I had never even thought about the fact that you don't have to get Max Pass for every day, so you can just get it for one or two days of your trip? Our last day is a Saturday, maybe I should consider it for that day. Geez, I have so much more to learn about it!

Ha, I had never even thought about the fact that you don't have to get Max Pass for every day, so you can just get it for one or two days of your trip? Our last day is a Saturday, maybe I should consider it for that day. Geez, I have so much more to learn about it!
You can also get it for only one member of your party for days where you don’t plan to utilize FASTPASS but want photos.

***Edited to add that I was able to book the world of color dessert party this morning for 4/4! I also noticed that world of the color dining was also available!

I am a Walt Disney world vet (we usually go 2-3 times a year) and I am so excited to be visiting Disneyland for the first time! I will be traveling with my 13-year-old son. We are going April 3-8 and staying at Tropicana.

Has anyone else tried to book the World of Color dining or dessert party for the first week of April? Disney has not released any dates/times for the dessert party or dining and it has me very worried. With all the work on the pier, I’m afraid they may be doing something that would interfere with World of Color that first week in April. Has anyone heard anything? I have called Disneyland dining and they told me to just keep trying/call back in a few days.

Last edited:
***Edited to add that I was able to book the world of color dessert party this morning for 4/4! I also noticed that world of the color dining was also available!

Glad you got it booked! I have an alarm set in my phone for 2/25 ;)

No plans for ADR on day 1 to allow for jetlag, WOC dessert party night 2 hopefully and DH wants to do Blue Bayou so maybe lunch either day 2 or 3. We want to do the new Star Wars VR thing in Downtown Disney too.

Looks like we should be able to book character meal for April 11th this weekend. They are up through the 9th now.

Doing Surf's Up so we can hopefully meet Stitch!!!!

Where is everyone staying? Would love to stay on property but the cost prohibits...

Stayed at Hyatt Place in January and it was nice. Very clean and ART was close by. Trying to stick to a tight budget this time. Any recommendations? We don't care about included breakfast. Need shuttle and needs to be clean.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter