April 2010 PTR - the Fairfield, a wheelchair, and 2 lovebirds!

PirateFairy8

Mouseketeer
I rarely post on the boards, but lurk quite often. Why do I never post? I usually forget that I can actually reply to what I'm reading! I always have been that way on forums for some reason, LOL. So, this is my very first pre-trip report!

I just turned 23 at the start of January. You can call me Fairy. My amazingly sweet boyfriend who feeds my obsession of all things Disney is 25, and taking us to Disneyland April 13-19th!

Fun fact: We actually live in Orlando and have annual passes! So, why go all the way out to California? Well, when I graduated high school my sister and her husband took me out to Disneyland as a graduation present. I absolutely loved it and have dreamed of going back since. I have many, many health problems, and have had a very rough year. I am having trouble getting a firm diagnosis, there is too much going on for the doctors to be able to sort out different things that are wrong with me. So, this trip is partially a respite trip, a chance for me to get away from it all and to spend some quality time with DBF without all of the doctors appointments and tests. It is also the only time we will likely ever be able to go in April. I am currently on medical withdrawal from school, and am also an elementary education major. When I get better, I will definitely be teaching during April!

Sweet guy that DBF is, he's promised to eventually take me to all of the Disney's in the world that he possibly can! He knows how much I love Disney and how happy I get when I am there, because I don't feel "sick" even though I have to use my wheelchair.

Speaking of wheelchair, I named him. So, when I refer to Edwin, I mean my wheelchair! He was black, and boring. If I have to be in a wheelchair, I wanted him to not be ugly. So, I convinced my dad to remove the seat cover, and I covered him with a Tinkerbell fabric. Yes...Edwin wears Tinkerbell clothing. Silly, but it makes me feel so much better.

We are just at the beginning of planning this trip. I am nervous planning it, I don't know what to do with Edwin or my crutches, how to get through security, how to get an accessible room since we booked through travelocity, etc. I fatigue extremely easy, so the trip is definitely a big risk too, and if I get too ill before we go or my muscle strength drops significantly, we may have to cancel. So far, the only side trip we know we want for sure is Universal, and maybe Sea World. We are staying at the Fairfield Inn, same place I stayed back in 2005.

I will post pictures as soon as I figure out how!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter