• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

April 1st

Judyfun

Mouseketeer
I have heard that there is a mass exodus of campers from South Florida heading back north on April 1. As that is the day I am leaving for 2nd home, I was wondering if anyone else has heard or seen this?

Yeah. Snowbirds leave when they leave, but they don't tend to coordinate to leave all together. Especially on that auspicious date...

Not sure if that is true or not but we where camped next to a nice couple from Wisconsin that are leaving 4-1. Not sure how long they have been there but they are snowbirds.

Well, I guess I will find out if it was an odd April's fool joke or if my ride back to Atlanta will be a long one

It may be possible that the winter season ends at the campgrounds that day, so they all end up heading home that day.

This is true. It's snowbird moving day as many of the seasonal contracts end on March 31. We rent an apartment to a couple from Canada and the building empties out pretty much that day.

As someone how grew up in West Palm Beach as a child, I was so afraid that was true.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter