• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

April 18th to 24th / Kind of empty?

Disney John

Mouseketeer
Did anyone else that were there between April 18th and 24th think the Fort seemed kinda empty?

About 95 % of loops 1700 - 1900 were either empty or closed off. Many of the other loops had open sites too. I've never seen the Fort this empty during April break week.

Is the economy still that sluggish or is something else causing this ? I know that the rates have increased quite a bit in the last few years, but are people actually staying away because of the higher rates?

Did
About 95 % of loops 1700 - 1900 were either empty or closed off. Many of the other loops had open sites too. I've never seen the Fort this empty during April break week.

Spring Break for many schools was the first week of April (5th-9th) since Easter was so early.

Spring Break for many schools was the first week of April (5th-9th) since Easter was so early.

Oh.... I knew that there had to be something different this year. I know a lot of the northern schools had the 18th to the 24th so, I guess I just assumed that most others did too.

That definitely would make a difference.

I know that I skipped Presidents week this year because of ridiculously higher rates,($110 a night was way too much for me) I was beginning to wonder if others had started to cut back as well.

Another thread mentioned how those loops were pretty much closed due to refurb of the comfort stations. But, Disney wouldn't have scheduled the CS work during peak time, so I think your observation that it was a relatively slow week must be accurate.

There were definitely some empty sections.

That and the tenters that had standing water surrounding their campsites were commented on by either DH and I everytime we drove in and out of the fort.

Did anyone else that were there between April 18th and 24th think the Fort seemed kinda empty?

Is the economy still that sluggish or is something else causing this ? I know that the rates have increased quite a bit in the last few years, but are people actually staying away because of the higher rates?

Loop 2000 was packed most of the week, especially the weekend of the 24th. When we went to the pool though, it was not very crowded. There were people, but I did manage to get a table with an umbrella both days that we went (although I got the last one both days).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter