Approaching adr date-with unconfirmed guests

married2mm

DIS Veteran
It's my 50th next year :cake::cake:

Our 'children' and those with spouses are all invited...

Sadly,we do not have the funds to wholly stump up the cost of flights,tickets,spending money.
We are willing to pay for accommodation,food & car hire.

At this stage (trip is May 5th 2019)
We have 4 definitive yes votes (and flights booked!)
1 probably
2 maybe

Can I book ADR's for 7 and if only 5/4/3 attend, is there a penalty for initially making the reservation 6+?

Sadly,we do not have the funds to wholly stump up the cost of flights,tickets,spending money.

1 probably
2 maybe

Can I book ADR's for 7 and if only 5/4/3 attend, is there a penalty for initially making the reservation 6+?

No penalty at all.

You definitely want to make the ADR for the MAXIMUM number that might attend. It's MUCH easier to decrease than it is to add on more.

Yep, book for more. You can leave the names blank when you reserve, and once people commit and you link them to your MDE as friends/family, you can add them at a later date so the reservations show up on their plans too.

1 probably
2 maybe

as others have said it is a lot easier to drop/show up with less than to add. also be ready to try for ressies for 8 as it can be easier to get even number ressies than odd number like 7

Voice of experience here! Been to many TS restaurants as a solo. However, I always make ADRs for 2, just in case either I meet someone I want to ask to join me, or if my DH surprises me and shows up. Neither has happened so my ADRs are for 2, but 1 shows up. Never a charge.

Need to add two more guests to my adr party but idk how and when i try it says it's not available for that time with two more guests. what do i do?

Need to add two more guests to my adr party but idk how and when i try it says it's not available for that time with two more guests. what do i do?

Is it available at or very near that time for just 2 guests? If so, maybe you could make another ADR and when you check in, ask to sit together. We did this a few years ago, couldn't amend our reservation at Tusker House to be for all 6 of us. We had an ADR at 1:05 for 4, the closest we could get for 2 was 1:10. We all checked in together, and asked nicely if the grandparents could sit near us at least. They were very nice, and we all sat together.

You keep checking several times daily, use Touring Plans free reservation finder, or you decide to drop the meal altogether or have the 2 newbies do something on their own.

Your current problem is exactly why we're telling OP to make the ADR for the max possible. You can always drop people from a reservation or show up with less people, but it's ALWAYS difficult to add people to your ADR.

book the max then call later on to readjust, they appreciate that more rather than just having 4 people show up for a reservation for 6..

book the max then call later on to readjust, they appreciate that more rather than just having 4 people show up for a reservation for 6..

You can also do it online or through the app. I had no issues decreasing a bunch of ADRs from 4 to 2 for my upcoming trip (my parents decided not to go).

Definitely book for the max number and then modify it if you know fewer are coming. It is much easier to decrease the number at your table than to increase it.

Definitely book for the max number and then modify it if you know fewer are coming. It is much easier to decrease the number at your table than to increase it.

And this is exactly what I did today.
Thanks guys for advice.

Also, you might have more chance booking for 8 instead of 7. With 7 you will be assign a table for 8 anyway.

In the past, I was able to remove guests on ADRs when some people couldn't come.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter