Apple Scooter reviews please

Eeyoreluver

DS and DD CP Alumni
I am going to be at Disney next week and need a scooter for about 4 1/2 days. What do you think about Apple Scooters?
Thank you

Well, I haven't had any personal dealings with them That's because, when I looked on line for recommendations and reviews, I discovered that they had a rating of F with the Better Business Bureau That was enough to keep me away from them! I go with Gold Mobility and I've had nothing but excellent service from them

Well, I haven't had any personal dealings with them That's because, when I looked on line for recommendations and reviews, I discovered that they had a rating of F with the Better Business Bureau That was enough to keep me away from them! I go with Gold Mobility and I've had nothing but excellent service from them

They've apparently gotten themselves upto a "C" rating with the BBB now [see https://www.bbb.org/us/fl/orlando/profile/mobility-scooter/apple-scooter-0733-21925499 ].

However, I am with the above poster, although I have never rented from Apple, I would not choose to rent from a company with that low of a rating.

In the past I have rented from Buena Vista and been satisfied.

Our most recent trip in December 2019 I rented from Gold Mobility for a 2 day rental [yes, I willingly paid their flat rate "upto 7 days" fee for that*]. Exceptional service, excellent scooter [best I have rented for a WDW trip: condition of device, features, battery life]. We will rent from them for our future trips. FWIW, since it was one of my deciding criteria, Gold Mobility Scooters is a BBB accredited business with an A+ rating: https://www.bbb.org/us/fl/kissimmee/profile/wheelchair/gold-mobility-scooters-llc-0733-90648146

* when I rented the only option was Gold's flat 7 day fee [additional days are a nominal per day extra cost]. I only needed 2 days, which would be cheaper elsewhere, but decided to go with Gold based on the very positive reviews here, their BBB rating, and the features of the device [I like the high back, strong light for use in the dark, damage waiver/theft insurance included, etc]. I am glad I did. My budget allowed for that, but others' may not. If you need the cost savings for a shorter trip, there are a number of providers with good reputations and track records that do per day pricing. There is also Scooterbug, who is the only provider allowed to leave their devices with Bell Services. For a while after our trip Gold did have an option for a shorter rental period with their low back models, but I didn't find that on their website when I just looked, so I am not sure if they still offer it - you may have to call -- but also, at the time they did it was only the low back model which would not have worked for us anyway.

OP you may also wish to search the boards for posts about Apple, I recall there being some around the time I was deciding on which company to go with for our last trip.

SW

Over the years, I have used most. Switched to Gold from Apple actually awhile back. Very poor equipment and even worse customer service... a really noticeable decline in Apple over time. Totally agree with the previous posters that Gold offers excellent equipment, great pricing and really solid customer service.

I always use Apple. I have had nothing but good experiences with them. They offer a military discount and the only time I had problems with a scooter they were there within 45 minutes with a new one for me. The people are really nice too. Next trip is going to be a new experience with needing to meet them instead of just picking the scooter up at Bell Services, but I was told to call them when I was an hour out since we are driving and if we have a room number they will meet me at the room, if not they will meet me out front. Because of my experiences I don't even consider other suppliers.

If you want it delivered thru Bell Services you will have to order from ScooterBug. If you are willing to meet the vendor in person be sure to ask about their delivery times - some schedule based on the guest's timeframe, others have a set delivery schedule based on resort. There are 1or 2 vendors who do delivery at MCO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts