Apple cake?

Deb in IA

Knows that KIDS are better
Anyone got a good recipe for apple cake?

We have a bumper crop of apples this year. We've made apple crisp, apple pie, apple butter.
We've dehydrated a bunch into apple chips.

But we still have apples!

I remember a great apple cake that I had in the past, and was wondering if anyone has a good recipe for this?

Noble Apple Cake
¼ cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
3 cups diced apples
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup flour
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. nutmeg
¼ cup chopped walnuts

Cream together shortening and sugar. Add beaten egg, apples and vanilla. Sift dry ingredients. Blend into mixture. Stir in nuts. Pour into greased 8 inch square pan. Bake 350° about 45 minutes.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This was my grandmother's recipe. I have no idea why it's called "noble". It was something she always made, but I never knew her name for it until after she passed away. It's really good. The top comes out crispy and the inside moist. One tip is to actually not wrap the cake after it cools (if it lasts long enough to wrap). The moisture in the apples makes the top get really mushy and wet if you wrap it up. I hope you enjoy it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter