Apple Scooter

GenGen22

DIS Veteran
Hello has anyone rented with Apple Scooter? I am looking into renting an ECV and I see this company has lost and damage insurance. TIA for any and all info!

I have rented from them exclusively for many years. Never had a single problem, ever. We are passholders who visit often, so have rented many more times than the average person would. I have no idea why they don't have perfect reviews. They certainly would get one from me.

We moved to Florida in 2007, and they are the only company I have rented from since then. We typically stay 1-2 weeks. I have owned my own scooter for a year now, but, while there last November, the ignition broke in it. I called Apple and they had me a scooter in about half an hour. Even though they have a 3 day minimum, due to my circumstances and only 2 days left on my trip, they rented to me for $70 for the two days. I consider that excellent customer service, as they certainly could have charged me the entire 3 day minimum.

I've also never had any problem with their scooters or batteries. We do very long park days, and almost always park hop. I have run their scooters 12-14 hours with charge never falling below 75%. I do plug them in all night, every night, while we sleep whether they need the charge or not.

I have rented from them exclusively for many years. Never had a single problem, ever. We are passholders who visit often, so have rented many more times than the average person would. I have no idea why they don't have perfect reviews. They certainly would get one from me.

We moved to Florida in 2007, and they are the only company I have rented from since then. We typically stay 1-2 weeks. I have owned my own scooter for a year now, but, while there last November, the ignition broke in it. I called Apple and they had me a scooter in about half an hour. Even though they have a 3 day minimum, due to my circumstances and only 2 days left on my trip, they rented to me for $70 for the two days. I consider that excellent customer service, as they certainly could have charged me the entire 3 day minimum.

I've also never had any problem with their scooters or batteries. We do very long park days, and almost always park hop. I have run their scooters 12-14 hours with charge never falling below 75%. I do plug them in all night, every night, while we sleep whether they need the charge or not.
Thank you so much for your input. and extensive review on their customer service, which is very important IMO.

@FortForever & @cmwade77 I am seriously considering them as they insure their scooters in case of loss which has happened to me before unfortunately at DL. And I like the fact that they deliver to your hotel. Did you have to meet them at the desk or did they drop it off at the bell desk and you picked it up? Also was the scooter one of those red type of scooters with the leather type of seat? The reason I ask is I rented from Walker last time and the seat was a regular cloth material which soaked when it rained and the leather type of material you can wipe off and not have a soaked but all day you know?

@FortForever & @cmwade77 I am seriously considering them as they insure their scooters in case of loss which has happened to me before unfortunately at DL. And I like the fact that they deliver to your hotel. Did you have to meet them at the desk or did they drop it off at the bell desk and you picked it up? Also was the scooter one of those red type of scooters with the leather type of seat? The reason I ask is I rented from Walker last time and the seat was a regular cloth material which soaked when it rained and the leather type of material you can wipe off and not have a soaked but all day you know?

You do not have to be there. They will leave it at bell services and you return it there as well.

They all have leather or plastic seats. I've never seen cloth.

I have rented from them for many years. Only one time I was displeased with their service. But I still continue to rent from them without worry.

t the moment, they have a Better Business Bureau Rating of F (googled it before I rented). That scared me away! For a time, there were lots of problems and complaints, but just lately they seem to have really improved. I'm going to let the Better Business Bureau rating improve however!

t the moment, they have a Better Business Bureau Rating of F (googled it before I rented). That scared me away! For a time, there were lots of problems and complaints, but just lately they seem to have really improved. I'm going to let the Better Business Bureau rating improve however!
Does the rating specify why they have an F rating? I think I am going to look this up.

Does the rating specify why they have an F rating? I think I am going to look this up.
Because the only people that have filed comments with BBB are the ones who have had issues, there are only two positive reviews. This is a very good example of why it is important to review companies and let them know when they are doing good, as well as bad so people can make an informed decision. By comparison, there have been 6 complaints in the last 6 years.

Because the only people that have filed comments with BBB are the ones who have had issues, there are only two positive reviews. This is a very good example of why it is important to review companies and let them know when they are doing good, as well as bad so people can make an informed decision. By comparison, there have been 6 complaints in the last 6 years.
I completely understand. I read reviews on more than one site and also post both positive and negative reviews on my experiences as well.

We rented from Apple in 2016 because the insurance etc. was included. I was less than impressed with the scooter they gave us, it was older, scuff marks everywhere and I almost called to ask for a new one when my DH told me not to. I was perplexed for a few days then he finally admitted he'd rather have one that looked all beaten up so it would hide any marks/scuffs he happened to make! LOL Anyways, it worked fine, the battery had a good charge all day and we had no issues.

I've rented from Apple for all 13 of my trips over the past 6 years and plan on doing so again for my next in November. The batteries on two of the units were faulty but both times they replaced them within 20 minutes. Once in Epcot and again at BWV

Hello has anyone rented with Apple Scooter? I am looking into renting an ECV and I see this company has lost and damage insurance. TIA for any and all info!

It has been a long time. About 12 years. We stayed at OKW. My inlaws were staying with us. My mother-in-law didn't want us to rent anything for father-in-law. Said it made him feel old. ( it was really her) Anyway we asked at the desk for recomondations. They said Apple. We picked it up at the Hospitality House. Drove it back to the unit. He loved using it. Never had any isues with it. At the end of the trip we just called the company. Told us to leave it at check in at the HH and they would pick it up. Couldn't have been easier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter