APH Rates Are Currently Available... [UPDATED 07/27/18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rags. Can I ask which dates you're staying. I'm still playing around with the reservation system and looking at options.
On a whim I checked the APH Rates for our dates in early December and my rate at the Portifino dropped from 287 to 209!!!!!:yay:

Ignore the red warning about nothing available on top. Go to the hotel and room category you want and it will be there. Use this link to look: https://uo.loewshotels.com/en/booking/uo

Edited to add, it seems for your dates HRH and PBH are the only locations that are available through APH. All the others are only showing the seasonal rates for your days.
ETA: never mind - today I'm getting AP rates for all hotels!!

Darn! But thanks for the help - at least I know I'm not missing something better with my offsite reservation!

I just rebooked my hard rock reservation for Dec. 1-3 pool view room and saved 176. It went from 349 to 269 a night. I have not stayed on top of checking the hotel website but I have stay on top of this board. Thanks for helping me save.

Thanks for the heads-up PrinessV! I just booked HRH this morning for a pool view (after missing a better rate from PB from last night), but really wanted RP. Just looked and RP was available for a standard queen APH rate (179 per night)!

Ah-ha, also got lower rates. $120 on average between Nov 11-15. I'm still going to hold out in hopes of something lower.

Just booked SF Sept. 20 - 24 with APH for $125 a night. Was cheaper than CBBR APH or SMSM.

From what I can see, there is only one class of room cheaper than poolside. That would be the "standard" rate and I think it might be $15/night less. It doesn't cost anything to reserve what they have available, as long as you cancel early.

Still no AP rates for the queen club room I have reserved at RPR but I did get an APH discount on a volcano view room at CBBR which is where we are moving to for one night after our RPR stay. I only saved $22 off the price of the standard room I had reserved at the seasonal rate but, looking at the pictures, the volcano view rooms have great views and $22 will pay for one day of parking at RPR so that's good. It was easy to have the discount applied. Still hoping for a discount on our room at RPR though!

Excuse the potentially dumb question from a newbie for Universal hotels. I'm an APH, have my flight booked for Nov. 11-15, and have been holding out for good APH rates. A $120 average rate up for those dates is up for a standard at CBBR now---is that likely to get any better? That $109 rate in September for SF has me thinking I shouldn't pick too quickly.

Excuse the potentially dumb question from a newbie for Universal hotels. I'm an APH, have my flight booked for Nov. 11-15, and have been holding out for good APH rates. A $120 average rate up for those dates is up for a standard at CBBR now---is that likely to get any better? That $109 rate in September for SF has me thinking I shouldn't pick too quickly.

Nothing to stop you from booking now to make sure you have a room, then changing if a cheaper rate comes out. There's no guarantee that rates will go lower, and there is a chance they will increase with additional bookings.

Agreed with DisBuckMan. There are no downsides to booking now aside from a deposit on your CC. There are no guarantees that the Poolside rate will be open later. I saw a good APH rate two nights ago for PB and did not book it right away. When I logged in the next day it was gone and has not returned. Fortunately, RPR opened up some even better rates, which I grabbed immediately.

The prices of a given room don't really change, as far as I can tell. Usually the changes you see are when certain room types fill up/reopen, or when APH rates appear/disappear. So I think a Poolside for Nov 11-15 will stay at $114 weekday and $139 weekend. There is a "Standard Room" without the pool view that tends to run about $15/night cheaper (it is currently available for Nov 12 only at $99), but there is no APH availability yet. You'll have to keep checking to see if it becomes available again...

Thank you everyone! Just booked HRH pool view for my son with the APH rate and saved $36 a night over the SMSM rate. Every little bit helps.:)

Question for the group... I have a regular queen room booked at RPR 12/2-12/7. Checked for AP rates today and it looks like that room category is sold out/not available. Is there any way I can get the AP rate applied to my existing reservation?

Thanks!
Stacey

Question for the group... I have a regular queen room booked at RPR 12/2-12/7. Checked for AP rates today and it looks like that room category is sold out/not available. Is there any way I can get the AP rate applied to my existing reservation?

Thanks!
Stacey

Most likely not. You can call and try, but usually what is showing as available on the website for an AP rate is what is available for the AP rate at that time. Doesn't mean that inventory won't change up and your room category will become available at a later date.

I have tried to do this in the past myself with no luck.

APH rates are showing up for 11/28 - 12/2/2017 for all hotels except RPR. I had already booked HRH for those dates with SMSM rate and the APH rate is only $30 less. I was hoping for a better AP discount. It isn't worth it for me to purchase the AP.

Last edited:
We had SMSM rate at HRH for 12/15-18 for standard view and changed to pool view with APH and saved $100. Will keep checking to see what pops up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!