APH Rates Are Currently Available... [UPDATED 07/27/18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: can I book an APH rate without the APH yet? I let ours lapse for a year and won't be buying new for a couple more months, but if APH rates come out for Thanksgiving week, I'd like to get on that!

Question: can I book an APH rate without the APH yet? I let ours lapse for a year and won't be buying new for a couple more months, but if APH rates come out for Thanksgiving week, I'd like to get on that!
Yes, you don't need to verify your pass until check-in (and even then they're nice about it if you haven't picked it up or upgraded yet.) Waiting for TG also, hope it's soon!

I am much more used to doing the booking for Disney than for Universal so please keep that in mind:). I am looking for HRH AP rates for the second week of Dec. is that to far out yet?

Good time to go to the darkside

I would book now with the SMSM rate and modify when other rates such as ap come out

If your priority are specific dates, this way would be more beneficial for you

If you could go anytime, wait and book in September

I would book now with the SMSM rate and modify when other rates such as ap come out

I took Mac's advice to book early if you have fixed dates and booked our trip a few weeks ago for the second week of December with the SMSM rate at RPR. I will call to modify if AP rates come out and are lower but I think we have a pretty good rate with SMSM.

I also agree with booking the SMSM rate once available. For my stay coming up in one week (yay!), no AP rate has been available and I am glad I did book with SMSM rate at $191/night for a standard 2Q room (I hesitated and missed out on $184/night booking one day later. Sigh!). Now only presidential suite is available for SMSM rate, or seasonal rate at $286 for the same room type is available. Better book sooner. You can always change or cancel your reservation when lower rates are out or there is change of plan.

Thank you. Yes I went ahead and booked for Dec. 8- Dec. 12 with a pretty good rate. I will keep looking to see if any APH rates come out.

On July 20 I canceled Portofino and booked Royal Pacific to save $350! Yay! They told me I had to place another deposit and I'd get refunded the Portofino deposit in a couple weeks. Okay, good with that. Then it suddenly occurred to me today that I hadn't seen the refund and the website had Portofino still listed, although it said changed. With no experience canceling rooms, I was thinking I just needed to wait for things to catch up but I called them anyway. Good thing I did. The Royal Pacific had been booked just fine, but the Portofino was never canceled! I was days away from having 2 week long reservations! A close one... probably would have been fun until the bill came in!

It wasn't my first choice of Resorts but today I checked and they had an AP room at Portofino open up for my Oct stay. Happy to finally get an room with an AP rate just wish it would have been at RPR or even HR over Portofino. Will keep checking for an opening at one of the other resorts but shows to never stop looking

I posted on the hotel board, I was able to finally get my king suite at RPR for Aug. 21st. There were days it showed no rooms at all available, some days, it showed just the huge suites available. Then last Sun night, it appeared, for the whole trip (Mon-Sat). I was checking twice a day, you never know when it will show up!

Just booked PBH for Nov. 21st - Nov.26th with APH rate.
Club 2 Queen. Went from $473(SMSM) per night to $408(APH). :)

Looks like all the hotels are available for those dates with APH.

Still coming up empty for 11/23-26 - what am I doing wrong?! I'm selecting Promo Code and entering "APH:...

Still coming up empty for 11/23-26 - what am I doing wrong?! I'm selecting Promo Code and entering "APH:...

Ignore the red warning about nothing available on top. Go to the hotel and room category you want and it will be there. Use this link to look: https://uo.loewshotels.com/en/booking/uo

Edited to add, it seems for your dates HRH and PBH are the only locations that are available through APH. All the others are only showing the seasonal rates for your days.

Last edited:
Only Portofino for my dates. Club level at Portofino with the AP rate is $5 more per night than what I already have booked at the SMSM rate at RPR for club. We decided not to change our reservation as we like to walk to the parks in the morning and the walk from RPR is short and nice. I didn't see any APH rates at all yesterday for RPR, only Portofino and expensive suites at HRH. Our dates are December 17-December 21, followed by a one night stay at Cabana Bay. I'll keep checking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts