As long as you show the ap during your stay, the discount will be honored

You need to have a person with an ap in the second room for the discount
I say that as it was my experience two years ago

If that has changed, don’t know

As long as you show the ap during your stay, the discount will be honored

You need to have a person with an ap in the second room for the discount
I say that as it was my experience two years ago

If that has changed, don’t know

Thank you. I might need to make a change since we only have one APH. I thought I could book two rooms at the APH rate. I wonder if I can upgrade one of our regular park tickets that I bought from a 3rd party broker (UnderCoverTourist I think)

Because I want specific dates whether or not an APH rate becomes available. For Thanksgiving week I have some rooms at SMSM rate, APH rates never came out for my room types and dates. AND, as it gets closer to the dates, the prices continue to rise as some rooms book up. I booked my Thanksgiving rooms in May, and the price rose continually rom that point.
I am planning our Universal trip for July 2019 I am looking at the resorts and will probable book it this week. I am debating on getting an AP for the room discount. I read that SMSM rate could be cheaper. What is a SMSM rate

Stay more, save more rate. If staying 7 or more nights, it’s possible to save up to 35% off “rack rates”. I’ve noticed that APH rate seems better when staying for a few days, but when staying for a week or more, the stay more save more rate tends to be the better deal. YMMV!

The UO website has the seasons/dates posted for SMSM discount amount

Also lists number of days booked for amount of discount

I already have booked a 7+ night stay that allowed the 35% discount

I start my vacation at the end of September and my rate continues into October for my stay

If you only have a 3 night stay, the ap rate can be a better choice based on the dates

I am planning our Universal trip for July 2019 I am looking at the resorts and will probable book it this week. I am debating on getting an AP for the room discount. I read that SMSM rate could be cheaper. What is a SMSM rate

I believe the SMSM rate starts at 4 nights, so for 3 nights, the AP is the only discount.

The UO website has the seasons/dates posted for SMSM discount amount

Also lists number of days booked for amount of discount

I already have booked a 7+ night stay that allowed the 35% discount

I start my vacation at the end of September and my rate continues into October for my stay

If you only have a 3 night stay, the ap rate can be a better choice based on the dates
We have 10 days booked with the SMSM rate. April/May. So the AP rate won’t be as good? I’m dithering between getting an AP vs 2Week Explorer ticket.

Has anyone ever been able to secure AP rate at Portofino for Christmas week or is the 500/night reasonable for that time of year?

Has anyone seen an AP rate at any of the Loews hotels for April? Or is spring break typically blacked out for AP rates? Looking at anytime the week of April 13-22.

I just tried a 3 night at RPR for late August and was surprised to see SMSM rate for 3 nights (no APH yet).

We have 10 days booked with the SMSM rate. April/May. So the AP rate won’t be as good? I’m dithering between getting an AP vs 2Week Explorer ticket.
What is the % for smsm for your dates?
If it is only at 10%, ap (if available) could be a better rate

No one knows yet as ap rates have not been released for some months yet

What is the % for smsm for your dates?
If it is only at 10%, ap (if available) could be a better rate

No one knows yet as ap rates have not been released for some months yet
It doesn’t give me % or I don’t know where to look. But the rate I got averaged to $210/night. So I’m guessing it’s the highest %

Today the SMSM rate is up to $227 and seasonal rate is $325 for standard Queen.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip on the SMSM rate. Now to decide whether I’d like HRH or RPR! Is the rate during 4th of July generally that high? SMSM rate is still over 400 for hrh, 360+ for rpr.

There are years of Official Date & Rate threads here that are helpful as to pricing trends

Had to go back to my dates in 2017. Aph rates for a day or two in area of $260 plus for PBH & RP

My guess in area of $300 plus. I’m waiting too for this year

SMSM could be less.

Rarely do I find APH rates discounted $100 under rack

Why won’t Hard Rock drop for Spring Break in March??? Why??? PBH dropped but not HRH. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!