APH Rates Are Currently Available... [UPDATED 07/27/18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have spring break dates (3/16-3/18), so expecting higher prices, but not THAT high! W.e are willing to stay at any of three--whichever is cheapest

There's a good chance an AP rate will come out, but I wouldn't wait. If they will, it could be late January. I have a trip a few days before yours. I still need to book HRH, but last I looked there was still availability. Plus, we usually get pool view anyway, which doesn't go first.

We're going around spring break, too, and I reserved rooms at the high rates. We're hoping the rates get lower, but we'll still go even if the prices stay high, so I'd much rather book the expensive rooms now than find out later that I'm not able to book rooms at all. If you'd rather have the expensive rooms than no rooms, I don't see much reason not to go ahead and book; cancelling is super-easy.

What is people's reasoning for booking early and then modifying if an APH rate comes through, as opposed to just waiting until one is available? Just wondering if I'm missing something. Is the concern that all the cheapest rooms will be unavailable by that time? Or that people want a specific room type that is limited in quantity and maybe wouldn't be available if you wait? Just curious, b/c my plan for March is to just hold out until APH rates come out, but don't want to shoot myself in the foot.
I booked the SMSM rate for late April. It was a decent rate, so if there isn’t an AP rate, or it’s not as good as what I have, I’m covered. I have read sometimes SMSM rate can be better than AP. So I’m covering my bases.

Have APH rates been published for early June yet? Sorry Universal newbie here and trying to decide if purchasing a Power Annual Pass would be worth it. Looking at June 2-8 TIA

Have APH rates been published for early June yet? Sorry Universal newbie here and trying to decide if purchasing a Power Annual Pass would be worth it. Looking at June 2-8 TIA

You do not have to have an ap when you make reservations. If a good ap discount becomes available you can modify your room reservation and wait until after you check in to upgrade to an ap.

Had reserved the SMSM rate in a standard room at CB for mid-Jan and just saw the APH rate was slightly better on a pool side room.....so I grabbed it. I am fighting the urge to order the AP now vs waiting till I get there. LOL.

Once released, do APH rates ever change (decrease)? I am the type who likes to stalk hotel rates after I've booked in case the rates go down and I can get a price adjustment. I booked HRH on an APH discount for February (Presidents' Weekend). Just wondering if there's any chance rates might go down, or if I'd be wasting my time checking. Thanks!

Once released, do APH rates ever change (decrease)? I am the type who likes to stalk hotel rates after I've booked in case the rates go down and I can get a price adjustment. I booked HRH on an APH discount for February (Presidents' Weekend). Just wondering if there's any chance rates might go down, or if I'd be wasting my time checking. Thanks!

In my experience, I wouldn't say they go down, but it's possible that other, less expensive categories are released. For example perhaps there's only a more expensive view or suite available initially. Then later they may release the less expensive views if there's a need. I don't know what's out there now (haven't checked) but it doesn't hurt to keep looking if you don't have the room you want now. If you do, then you pretty much are all set!

Yep, I booked an AP rate for Feb 9-14, but only family suites were available (still cheaper than the regular rate for a standard room). I will keep checking for a cheaper room to come available at AP rates.

Yes, they do! I've had it happen a few times for our trips!

For instance our upcoming trip - I booked a suite at CB at an APH rate of $157 for mid-January when they were first released. Then I got a special code which lowered it a bit (can't remember the rate). THEN I looked a couple of weeks later and the APH rate was at $134. I jumped on that one! All of the same type of room (tower family suite, standard view).

Just got a club level room for 12/13 at RPR for $284. I was pumped because the CL rooms at HRH and PBR are like $40 to $50 more. With two breakfasts and dinner pickings and alcohol, it's worth it to us.

Just got a club level room for 12/13 at RPR for $284. I was pumped because the CL rooms at HRH and PBR are like $40 to $50 more. With two breakfasts and dinner pickings and alcohol, it's worth it to us.
I’m hoping that CL rooms at RPH get an AP rate. Right now for my dates CL is over $400, but if I check in a few days later they drop to $275 :guilty: But if I wiggle airfare that doubles. Ugh. Can’t win. So right now I’m booked in standard room. I think AP rates for April come out sometime in Jan the booking agent on phone said.

I’m hoping that CL rooms at RPH get an AP rate. Right now for my dates CL is over $400, but if I check in a few days later they drop to $275 :guilty: But if I wiggle airfare that doubles. Ugh. Can’t win. So right now I’m booked in standard room. I think AP rates for April come out sometime in Jan the booking agent on phone said.

If I'm being honest, I wouldn't do club level there again. I've done most of Disney's and I felt let down by the offerings at RPR. I did like the hotel and pool, so I would definitely stay there again, but just not at CL level. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Hello, I'm new on the forum!

I'm organizing a trip to Orlando in March. We are a family of 5 people, all adult. We need 2 rooms and we would like to stay in Pacific resort or Hard rock hotel, in order to have the unlimited express pass. Our dates are 10-12 March.

I read about the APH rates, but I saw that they are available until March 7. When do you think they publish the rates for the rest of the month?

And if you were me, do you think it would be a good idea waiting for the discounted rates or there is the risk that the hotels are fully booked?

Thank you!

Hello, I'm new on the forum!

I'm organizing a trip to Orlando in March. We are a family of 5 people, all adult. We need 2 rooms and we would like to stay in Pacific resort or Hard rock hotel, in order to have the unlimited express pass. Our dates are 10-12 March.

I read about the APH rates, but I saw that they are available until March 7. When do you think they publish the rates for the rest of the month?

And if you were me, do you think it would be a good idea waiting for the discounted rates or there is the risk that the hotels are fully booked?

Thank you!

Probably mid to late January. At least that is what has happened the last few years. We are going the week after. Those times can be busy due to Spring Breaks. Cheapest rooms at Royal Pacific will sell out first, then the cheapest rooms at Hard Rock. You can always modify or cancel the previous reservation if a discount comes out. I have already booked Hard Rock. If an AP rate comes out, I will book with the AP and cancel the first one. I have done this a few times before. The only problem with cancelling is that you may have two deposits outstanding until you get refunded for the first. I have no idea how long the refund can take. It has usually been on my next credit card statement. I think to modify you would need to call in. I hate talking to people, so I do it all online.

I do the same - I always book for my dates and then when AP rates come out I make a new reservation and cancel the first. I think even when calling on the phone they couldn't modify the reservation to an AP rate, had to cancel and rebook that way also. (I hate talking to people too!)

So if I understand correctly, the deposit is not a real payment. They block the money and then they give you back if you cancel the reservation. When do you have to pay, at the check in/out? Or some days before?

Probably I'll try to do that!! Thank you for the advices!

So if I understand correctly, the deposit is not a real payment. They block the money and then they give you back if you cancel the reservation. When do you have to pay, at the check in/out? Or some days before?

Probably I'll try to do that!! Thank you for the advices!

They don’t just put a hold for the amount of the deposit - they actually charge your credit card for it. But if you cancel the room, they’ll refund that deposit.

Historically when do APH rates come out for May? Already booked for May at HRH but would love the discount if possible. TIA

Hoping someone can help with two questions. We are booked for PBR for two nights in mid-January. I used an APH rate, and plan to purchase a Seasonal AP when we are down there. Should I buy this at a kiosk in the lobby before we check in? Also, can I get the rate for 2 rooms with one APH? TIA for any advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!