APH Rates Are Currently Available... [UPDATED 07/27/18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they usually offer AP rates for the second week of August? We're looking at Aug 9-17 and since it's going to be more crowded than what we're used to, we wanted to stay at Royal Pacific and get the express pass.

ETA: Is it hard to modify/change a reservation? I'm used to getting free dining at Disney and staying up all night or getting up in the middle of the night to book becasue the rooms sell out. Is the AP discount like that or can i just keep checking?

Do they usually offer AP rates for the second week of August? We're looking at Aug 9-17 and since it's going to be more crowded than what we're used to, we wanted to stay at Royal Pacific and get the express pass.

ETA: Is it hard to modify/change a reservation? I'm used to getting free dining at Disney and staying up all night or getting up in the middle of the night to book becasue the rooms sell out. Is the AP discount like that or can i just keep checking?

Yes they do. More than likely it will be may or june before they come out. Also the STSM rate might be better than the Passholder discount.

DisneyJr77: I usually have several bookings trying to shuffle things around until I get the location/dates/prices I like. The Universal hotels I've used have a deposit, but it is refundable if you cancel 6 (maybe 5) days out. You can click the terms when completing your booking for the specific property. I also called again last night to be sure I read it correctly otherwise I am in quite the fiscal nightmare.

Waiting on pins and needles for rates in the beginning of May. Right now, it's expensive with Portofino actually being cheaper than Royal Pacific. I know I'll be waiting for awhile, sigh.

I'm waiting/hoping for end of May and also found Portofino less than Royal Pacific due to no standard rooms being available at Royal Pacific.

I believe someone previously said that, last year, they didn't realize the remainder of March until the end of Jan....sigh

Yes they do. More than likely it will be may or june before they come out. Also the STSM rate might be better than the Passholder discount.

DisneyJr77: I usually have several bookings trying to shuffle things around until I get the location/dates/prices I like. The Universal hotels I've used have a deposit, but it is refundable if you cancel 6 (maybe 5) days out. You can click the terms when completing your booking for the specific property. I also called again last night to be sure I read it correctly otherwise I am in quite the fiscal nightmare.

Ok, thanks! I'll probably make one for each portofino and royal Pacific then wait to see which winds up being cheaper

I believe someone previously said that, last year, they didn't realize the remainder of March until the end of Jan....sigh

My email says 1/25 for 3/9-3/12/2018. It might have come out a bit sooner, but it seems like the last few years it has been January.

What is people's reasoning for booking early and then modifying if an APH rate comes through, as opposed to just waiting until one is available? Just wondering if I'm missing something. Is the concern that all the cheapest rooms will be unavailable by that time? Or that people want a specific room type that is limited in quantity and maybe wouldn't be available if you wait? Just curious, b/c my plan for March is to just hold out until APH rates come out, but don't want to shoot myself in the foot.

What is people's reasoning for booking early and then modifying if an APH rate comes through, as opposed to just waiting until one is available? Just wondering if I'm missing something. Is the concern that all the cheapest rooms will be unavailable by that time? Or that people want a specific room type that is limited in quantity and maybe wouldn't be available if you wait? Just curious, b/c my plan for March is to just hold out until APH rates come out, but don't want to shoot myself in the foot.

All of the reasons you listed are why people will book early, and then adjust IF a better APH rate becomes available. Especially if you're planning on going during a busier timeframe. By the time APH rate comes out the selection could be very limited or not even available for the room type you're looking for if they're already booked up.

Best to have a room that you want at a price you're willing to pay vs. not getting one at all (or at later higher rate)

Because I want specific dates whether or not an APH rate becomes available. For Thanksgiving week I have some rooms at SMSM rate, APH rates never came out for my room types and dates. AND, as it gets closer to the dates, the prices continue to rise as some rooms book up. I booked my Thanksgiving rooms in May, and the price rose continually rom that point.

Thanks for the responses--this makes sense to me. For my dates, though, the price is already very excessively high ($424 for Royal Pacific), and it hasn't changed for months, so i'll just keep waiting...

Thanks for the responses--this makes sense to me. For my dates, though, the price is already very excessively high ($424 for Royal Pacific), and it hasn't changed for months, so i'll just keep waiting...

What are your planned dates, and are you willing to stay at PBH or HRH if they are cheaper? $424 is pretty high, and I would expect cheaper rates if you’re not looking around a holiday. Although last February, we waited too late to book at RPR, and stayed at SF for the cheaper rate.

We have spring break dates (3/16-3/18), so expecting higher prices, but not THAT high! W.e are willing to stay at any of three--whichever is cheapest

We have spring break dates (3/16-3/18), so expecting higher prices, but not THAT high! W.e are willing to stay at any of three--whichever is cheapest

Wow! I see what you mean. All of the hotels are expensive for those dates. Hopefully, Universal releases AP rates for those dates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter