APH Rates Are Currently Available... [UPDATED 07/27/18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello from Norway :)
I am sorry if I ask this in the wrong thread, but I will try here.
DD (23) and I will be traveling to Orlando this summer (June 26 - July 10) and we have originally booked our whole stay at Disney
BUT, we would like to have at least 3-4 days at Universal and I am wondering if one of us should buy a AP at Universal?
Would we save money for our resort stay and maybe food etc if we did that?
I am thinking maybe July 5- 10 (I have looked at Cabana Bay)

Thank you, best from Adéle Marie

I'm not sure that the SMSM rate for the exact same room type went down, but I think it might be that a lower category of room became available. My SMSM Portofino Bay Garden View King for 7 nights over Memorial Day was $2289 when I reserved it June 2018 and is now up to $2453. But I switched to Royal Pacific water view King for SMSM $2246 because that type or room showed up today where it hadn't been available at all since last June (I've been checking periodically). So even though I'm saving some money, I wouldn't say that my SMSM rate went down - I'd say they finally released some lower category rooms at the other resort at SMSM rates.

To follow up, I've continued to check, and today the SMSM standard view rooms showed up for both King and 2 Queen, so I switched from Water view and saved a little more money and got my preferred King room too! :) Yesterday only the 2 Queen standard was showing.

Also, I cancelled my original King Waterview room and went back to check to see if it showed up for booking, and it did not. So, my assumption is that cancelled rooms don't go immediately back into inventory when cancelled, and that it may or may not show up available at some point later.

Hello from Norway :)
I am sorry if I ask this in the wrong thread, but I will try here.
DD (23) and I will be traveling to Orlando this summer (June 26 - July 10) and we have originally booked our whole stay at Disney
BUT, we would like to have at least 3-4 days at Universal and I am wondering if one of us should buy a AP at Universal?
Would we save money for our resort stay and maybe food etc if we did that?
I am thinking maybe July 5- 10 (I have looked at Cabana Bay)

Thank you, best from Adéle Marie

I think it certainly could, The lowest level AP does not give you food discounts but the savings on the room can add up quite a bit. You do not need to buy the annual pass now. You can buy a regular ticket and upgrade in the park. Just be sure to show it at the front desk before you check out.

I think it certainly could, The lowest level AP does not give you food discounts but the savings on the room can add up quite a bit. You do not need to buy the annual pass now. You can buy a regular ticket and upgrade in the park. Just be sure to show it at the front desk before you check out.
Thank you, I will look into it... how do I find the AP resort rates for June 26 - July 10? (Maybe July 5-10)

Thank you, I will look into it... how do I find the AP resort rates for June 26 - July 10? (Maybe July 5-10)
This link will take you to the AP rates: https://res.windsurfercrs.com/ibe/d...hildren=0&promo=aph&iata=&group=&hotels=&ada=

I've been playing around with them a bit. If an AP rate is available for the dates you select, you will see an "Annual Passholder Rate" listed. If an AP rate is not available, there will be a red banner at the top that says, "The rate you selected is not available, but we would like to offer you this other rate", and then it's a different (not as good) promotional rate instead. I plugged in June 26-July 10 just to see, and it did give an AP rate for Cabana Bay.

Oh geez. For sure I would have an aneurism if I tried to wait until December or January to book! I know exactly what we want - Cabana Bay, nothing fancy, first week of March. We will stay 6 nights. Do rates change often enough that I should be checking daily?

Also can someone explain the APH rate to me? I know you don’t have to show your AP until you check out, but does that mean you need to check out in person? That’s not a problem, but I know a lot of hotels/resorts don’t generally require formal checkout anymore. With five days in the park, I suspect it will be cheaper for my whole family to get APs rather than 5 day tickets, unless they have another deal like the buy 2 get 3.

I definitely don't wait until the AP rate comes out. I too would have a stroke waiting that long, being so used to booking WDW a year to 6 months out. I always book the room I want at the current rate I like. I then look for discounts, which I almost always find, and then book the new AP rate and cancel the original reservation.

Reactions: EmJ
How “guaranteed” are the AP room discounts? I was thinking about upgrading to an AP mostly just for this perk for a trip we’re making in November, we’re at Disney now so the tickets I have would bridge towards it. I just have to decide today. The CM I spoke to told me that sometimes room discounts are offered but not always. What are your experiences with this?

How “guaranteed” are the AP room discounts? I was thinking about upgrading to an AP mostly just for this perk for a trip we’re making in November, we’re at Disney now so the tickets I have would bridge towards it. I just have to decide today. The CM I spoke to told me that sometimes room discounts are offered but not always. What are your experiences with this?

They are not always offered. We have been during summer, Memorial Day weekend, March Spring Break, Columbus Day weekend, and Thanksgiving. The only times it wasn't offered was Columbus Day weekend and I think Thanksgiving.

I’ve been checking every morning, looking for APH rates for September. In an unfortunate twist of fate, both rack rate and SMSR rates just went UP. Not cool. May not pay to wait to book.

I’ve been checking every morning, looking for APH rates for September. In an unfortunate twist of fate, both rack rate and SMSR rates just went UP. Not cool. May not pay to wait to book.

I usually end up booking the hotel before airfare. Hotels usually have very liberal cancellation policies, so it's really easy to change things, especially if a better rate comes out.

Me too, I emailed them and they told me it would be May/June when they are released but I still check daily.
I noticed the standard room rate went up but the club king we want is still the same price.
I think I’m going to book now and change it later.

Definitely doesn’t pay to wait, sorry. We booked early with a good SMSM rate then kept watching. Our rate is still better than any AP rate I’ve seen yet. We are going at the end of the month.

Just saw APH rates for HRH for early July. My dates are Jul 2-6 and I saw garden view rooms at $350. PBH is $330 for Bay view rooms... I know this is subjective but which would you choose? I was leaning towards HRH with my 5 year old because of distance

Just saw APH rates for HRH for early July. My dates are Jul 2-6 and I saw garden view rooms at $350. PBH is $330 for Bay view rooms... I know this is subjective but which would you choose? I was leaning towards HRH with my 5 year old because of distance

If the price difference doesn't bother you, then I would choose HRH because of the proximity.

For $60 i guess I would prefer convenience. I do see a lot of great reviews for PBH though. I am still waiting for RPR if ever lol!

I wonder if RPR APR rates are gone by now. I usually see PBH and RPR come up before HRH. I don't usually see HRH until like a couple of months. PBH is nice. It's my favorite. We usually stay at HRH, even if it's more expensive, because my son and husband prefer it, mostly for proximity and room size compared to RPR.

I wonder if RPR APR rates are gone by now. I usually see PBH and RPR come up before HRH. I don't usually see HRH until like a couple of months. PBH is nice. It's my favorite. We usually stay at HRH, even if it's more expensive, because my son and husband prefer it, mostly for proximity and room size compared to RPR.
I checked late so that might be the case. If it does not come out, I guess I might stick with HRH. I think for a longer trip we might go with PBH. Right now we’re there for 4 nights before our cruise and really just 3 days at the parks because we arrive at midnight on the first night. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!