APH Rates Are Currently Available... [UPDATED 07/27/18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
AP rates for suites usually become available much earlier than for regular rooms. Regular rooms usually are a month to two before the date. It's true that they don't currently have AP rates for the non-suite rooms for those dates, because they have not yet been released.

We booked a garden view standard 2 queen room at HRH on Jan 14th (at the passholder rate) and then later cancelled it on Jan 24th when a deluxe 2 queen room became available. Sorry if my post seemed to indicate otherwise, I just meant that since we had booked back in Dec that the inventory now shows mostly suites....assuming the standards that were released during our stay have been picked over since then. PBH still shows to have a few standards available for our time frame.

So should I go ahead and boom a rack rate room to ensure that I have one in case a discount doesn’t become available? Or is it unlikely to sell out if I wait for the discounts?
Since your dates are leading up to Memorial Day Weekend, if you are sure about the resort you want to stay at, I would go ahead and book it. Assuming you can go back and cancel if a better rate pops up. We only had to put the 1st night rate down as a deposit on ours.

This is actually not true as we are booked at the passholder rate for May 29th-31st. We booked this Jan 14th. There are still some rooms available for my dates but most are for suites. My guess is that they don't have any rooms available at that rate for those dates. But that might change.

My thought is because it was spanning a time where it was available vs not (right before Memorial Day) it will show up as unavailable. I was unaware that anything beyond Memorial Day has shown up but also I only check for the standard rooms at HRH and PBH.

Hello everybody!
I booked 2 rooms at hard rock hotel with APH rate. Do I need 2 annual passes, one per room, or just one is enough?

The 2-Park Seasonal Annual Pass costs $304.99, am I right? The universal site is a bit confusing!

Thank you!

Last edited:

Hello everybody!
I booked 2 rooms at hard rock hotel with APH rate. Do I need 2 annual passes, one per room, or just one is enough?

The 2-Park Seasonal Annual Pass costs $304.99, am I right? The universal site is a bit confusing!

Thank you!

Just one aph needed

Hello everybody!

Thank you!

Be careful of blackout days on the seasonal pass. There are ways to work around them without upgrading the pass.

Thank you! I remembered having read something about one annual pass per room, but I trust you!

What do you mean exactly? I could buy normal tickets for everyone in the group and then upgrade one of them at the office.

There are dates when the seasonal pass can’t be used. Go to universal Orlando.com. Click on theme parks. Click bolckout dates. Click on seasonal and annual passholder blockout dates.

If you are going on blockout dates, buy regular tickets for everyone. If the last day is not a BD upgrade to an Ap then. You have to show the hotel your AP anytime before you check out. if the last day is BD, you have to upgrade before the park closes on that day or you can buy 1 ticket with an extra day and upgrade after you leave the park.

Hotel will work with you if you show them the ap during your stay

Many upgrade their tickets to an ap once at the parks

Just show your ap to the front desk as soon as you do have the ap

They will honor your ap booking rate

Just an FYI...I went to an AP rate for Portofino in January for our March 31-April 6 trip. Originally I had to upgrade to Bay View from Garden View (but still saved money even with buying an annual pass instead of the 2+2 tickets). I just checked today and was able to go back to Garden View and save even more money. The availability for the discount seems to have gone up.

My sons had such a great time when I took them last August that they are going again. They have not been able to find APH rates for their dates and I have been checking for them since last November. APH rates for PBH showed up briefly and disappeared, but they are in their late 20s and wanted either RPR or HRH. They are currently booked at RPR at an obscene rate, but heck, its their money. They do have their APs from the last visit and used points for airfare...

Their dates are 3/25 to 3/28.

We booked a garden view standard 2 queen room at HRH on Jan 14th (at the passholder rate) and then later cancelled it on Jan 24th when a deluxe 2 queen room became available. Sorry if my post seemed to indicate otherwise, I just meant that since we had booked back in Dec that the inventory now shows mostly suites....assuming the standards that were released during our stay have been picked over since then. PBH still shows to have a few standards available for our time frame.
I've been checking every single day for over 3 months AP rates in late May. I would not assume anything regarding them being sold out. Yes, you happen to catch a room. But based on my checking, I think you found a fluke rather than their uploading their entire inventory of available rooms and their being sold out. I've been doing this long enough to know how they do their uploads for rooms, for this same weekend too.

Come on June rates! I've been patient, assuming they wouldn't be released until March, but, um, it's March now. :-)

New ride officially opening mid June, likely soft previews 2 weeks leading up to it.

Would think, if any, might only see sporadic weekdays roll out a few weeks in advance

6/29 & 6/30 rates i need bumped up substantially since the announcement. May be our first time staying offsite

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter