APH Rates Are Currently Available... [UPDATED 07/27/18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I booked an APH rate for HRH for April 10th & 11th. We've decided to add another day to our trip, but now there isn't an APH rate available for April 12th at HRH. I've been checking the website multiple times a day over the past 2 wks and nothing has shown up. Do they ever release more APH rooms? There are plenty of seasonal rate rooms available. I'm just unsure if I should stop checking and come up with a new plan or keep stalking the website. Any help would be much appreciated.

It's possible. We initial booked rack rate for RPR the week after easter. About a month ago an APH rate came out for the King Suite that was over 100/night less than rack rate for the standard room we booked so we switched to that. Then 2 weeks ago they released an APH rate for the standard that was an even better deal so we booked that. I think it's worth it to keep checking.

It's possible. We initial booked rack rate for RPR the week after easter. About a month ago an APH rate came out for the King Suite that was over 100/night less than rack rate for the standard room we booked so we switched to that. Then 2 weeks ago they released an APH rate for the standard that was an even better deal so we booked that. I think it's worth it to keep checking.

Great, thank you! That's exactly what I was hoping for. I guess I'll keep checking and keep my fingers crossed!

Great, thank you! That's exactly what I was hoping for. I guess I'll keep checking and keep my fingers crossed!

Since you have the APH rate in place already for the first two nights, have you checked APH rates just for the last night you want?

If so you could book it and request that the reservations be linked so you don’t have to switch rooms. Then call the front desk approx 5 days before your arrival to again request & confirm it upon your arrival. You would have to stop by the desk to handle the paper work on your last day though.

Since you have the APH rate in place already for the first two nights, have you checked APH rates just for the last night you want?

If so you could book it and request that the reservations be linked so you don’t have to switch rooms. Then call the front desk approx 5 days before your arrival to again request & confirm it upon your arrival. You would have to stop by the desk to handle the paper work on your last day though.

Yes, I've checked for just the night I want and then I check for all 3 days, too.

Thank you for telling me about being able to link reservations. I didn't know I could do that. I'm still hoping for an aph rate to open up on the 12th at HRH, but I went ahead and booked an aph rate at Cabana Bay just in case. If I link the two reservations do you think there's a chance they would let me check out at HRH on the 12th and then immediately check in to CB?

Hanging out here hoping for APH rates for August. I have RPH booked for $379, but would really like to move to HRH or PBH because of the construction. If APH rates came out for RPH, however, I could better rationalize staying there, lol.

Hanging out here hoping for APH rates for August. I have RPH booked for $379, but would really like to move to HRH or PBH because of the construction. If APH rates came out for RPH, however, I could better rationalize staying there, lol.

What construction? Do you mean the lobby? I've got RPR and HRH booked for early October. Still trying to decide between the two. I think they are both having work done in the common areas of the hotel during my trip.

What construction? Do you mean the lobby? I've got RPR and HRH booked for early October. Still trying to decide between the two. I think they are both having work done in the common areas of the hotel during my trip.

Yes, I have read the construction in the lobby is going to be major. We loved the beauty and atmosphere of the RPH when we stayed there in summer 2017. This time are bringing our kids for their first trip to Universal and would rather avoid it, if possible.

Yes, I have read the construction in the lobby is going to be major. We loved the beauty and atmosphere of the RPH when we stayed there in summer 2017. This time are bringing our kids for their first trip to Universal and would rather avoid it, if possible.

HRH usually doesn't show regular room AP rates until later than RPR and PBH. I have seen AP rates at PBH that were cheaper than both RPR and HRH for as good or a better room. It's not as close, but it's a beautiful hotel and has better quick food options than the other deluxes in my opinion.

I have one night booked at Hard Rock with the annual pass rate the last week of March. I keep looking for more days that week because my kids would love to stay there this time. Am I crazy to even be looking since it's less than a month out or is there a chance rooms will open up this late with the discount? I haven't called yet, I just check the Loews and universal website several times a day-do they ever have rooms not show on the website but are available at AP rates if you call?

I have one night booked at Hard Rock with the annual pass rate the last week of March. I keep looking for more days that week because my kids would love to stay there this time. Am I crazy to even be looking since it's less than a month out or is there a chance rooms will open up this late with the discount? I haven't called yet, I just check the Loews and universal website several times a day-do they ever have rooms not show on the website but are available at AP rates if you call?

No - you are absolutely not crazy to keep looking. I have noticed that the AP rates are very fluid and change often. if I was in your shoes I would check every day until the day before I left.

As for AP rates online versus calling - I have tried that avenue often with no luck ever; inventory appears exactly the same. BUT, it's just a simple telephone call so you might check anyway.

Yes, I've checked for just the night I want and then I check for all 3 days, too.

Thank you for telling me about being able to link reservations. I didn't know I could do that. I'm still hoping for an aph rate to open up on the 12th at HRH, but I went ahead and booked an aph rate at Cabana Bay just in case. If I link the two reservations do you think there's a chance they would let me check out at HRH on the 12th and then immediately check in to CB?

No need to link if booking two separate hotels, wherein the idea is to remain in same room

Loews is very good at letting you check into a room in category you booked if it’s available when you arrive.

HRH usually doesn't show regular room AP rates until later than RPR and PBH. I have seen AP rates at PBH that were cheaper than both RPR and HRH for as good or a better room. It's not as close, but it's a beautiful hotel and has better quick food options than the other deluxes in my opinion.

Consider yourself lucky, can count one one hand how many times PBH has cost less than other properties offering FOTL for my dates. It’s my fav so I do make sure to check up to cancellation period kicks into play.

Consider yourself lucky, can count one one hand how many times PBH has cost less than other properties offering FOTL for my dates. It’s my fav so I do make sure to check up to cancellation period kicks into play.

This has only been for AP rates. We go at Spring Break a lot, so maybe it’s the time of the year.

Three out of our last five trips (3 in 2017 and 2 in 2018) PBH had the lowest AP rate of the three Express properties. All three of those trips were in either June or July. Our other two trips were in September and December and RPR had much lower AP rates. I have yet to find HRH as having the lowest AP rate for one of our trips.

Completely new to Universal (but WDW expert). Planning to stay two nights at an express property (Thu-Sat, May 23-25).When I search it says that the passholder rate is unavailable for my time period. Is this because the passholder rate is weekdays only? Or hasn't been released yet? If it is weekdays only, is it possible they will release another discount? Or am I SOL and just need to book rack rate?

Completely new to Universal (but WDW expert). Planning to stay two nights at an express property (Thu-Sat, May 23-25).When I search it says that the passholder rate is unavailable for my time period. Is this because the passholder rate is weekdays only? Or hasn't been released yet? If it is weekdays only, is it possible they will release another discount? Or am I SOL and just need to book rack rate?

If you back track in this thread a few pages you will get more context, but they are not released yet.

If you back track in this thread a few pages you will get more context, but they are not released yet.
This is actually not true as we are booked at the passholder rate for May 29th-31st. We booked this Jan 14th. There are still some rooms available for my dates but most are for suites. My guess is that they don't have any rooms available at that rate for those dates. But that might change.

This is actually not true as we are booked at the passholder rate for May 29th-31st. We booked this Jan 14th. There are still some rooms available for my dates but most are for suites. My guess is that they don't have any rooms available at that rate for those dates. But that might change.

So should I go ahead and boom a rack rate room to ensure that I have one in case a discount doesn’t become available? Or is it unlikely to sell out if I wait for the discounts?

AP rates for suites usually become available much earlier than for regular rooms. Regular rooms usually are a month to two before the date. It's true that they don't currently have AP rates for the non-suite rooms for those dates, because they have not yet been released.

So should I go ahead and boom a rack rate room to ensure that I have one in case a discount doesn’t become available? Or is it unlikely to sell out if I wait for the discounts?

I usually go ahead and book the price I am willing to pay. If/when an AP rate comes up, I book the AP rate and cancel the non-AP reservation. Stuff does sell out sometimes, not sure about May though. That is close to a holiday and end of school though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter