APH Rates Are Currently Available... [UPDATED 07/27/18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive me for not going back through the past 66 pages, but is there an FAQ for AP hotel rates? I just bought our APs, and I gather that AP rates generally don't release until a few months before. Overall, are AP rates difficult to get? Are they offered for most dates during the year (with the obvious exception of very busy holiday seasons and summer)? Do folks usually just book the dates they want at a standard rate, and then hope AP rates are available later?

Forgive me for not going back through the past 66 pages, but is there an FAQ for AP hotel rates? I just bought our APs, and I gather that AP rates generally don't release until a few months before. Overall, are AP rates difficult to get? Are they offered for most dates during the year (with the obvious exception of very busy holiday seasons and summer)? Do folks usually just book the dates they want at a standard rate, and then hope AP rates are available later?

Overall, are AP rates difficult to get? Not if you obsessively check on here and call to change over your rate once you see it is offered. They are limited though.

Are they offered for most dates during the year (with the obvious exception of very busy holiday seasons and summer)? I think they are offered most times of the year but some deals are better than others.

Do folks usually just book the dates they want at a standard rate, and then hope AP rates are available later? Yes. You can call the resort to change over your rate if offered.

Call the reservation number not the hotel to adjust or modify your rate if ap rate is better than the one you booked with

:coffee:Awaiting June AP rates as well. First time doing AP and stressed already that I will miss it!

One more question....am I better to by park to park tickets with AP discount or buy from Undercover Tourist?
Thank you!

It is only going to be a matter of a few dollars one way or the other, but I think most times you are going to find UT sneaks in just under the UOR price. AP discount ticket rates are starting from the price you pay at the gate, so if you purchase online, you are already getting about the same price as an AP discounted ticket...and UT is usually a little under that. Now, you also have to through in the variable pricing on single day tickets.

Best to shop around...not just UOR and UT...and read all the terms...some expire quicker than others, and sometimes the wording on single park tickets may make you think they are park to park.

And most of all...don't take my word for it. :duck:

Anyone have any thoughts on when the June rates will be available? I know it would be just a guess but any historical data??

Am I better to look at the Universal Orlando or Loews site for APH? Thanks!

They are both very inconsistent...but, damo has created a good, working, link to follow...it is in the first post of this thread...on page 1. It works great...

Thanks to the tips on here! I originally booked a seasonal rate of $474 for April 6-8, decided to upgrade to an annual pass which will get us the annual pass rate of $319 (so save even with paying the upgrade fee) a few weeks ago and today dropped it down to $294!

Thanks to the tips on here! I originally booked a seasonal rate of $474 for April 6-8, decided to upgrade to an annual pass which will get us the annual pass rate of $319 (so save even with paying the upgrade fee) a few weeks ago and today dropped it down to $294!

Congrats! I am checking frequently for my dates because the room category I want is not showing available at the AP rate yet, but I see changes every so often so I remain hopeful!

Congrats! I am checking frequently for my dates because the room category I want is not showing available at the AP rate yet, but I see changes every so often so I remain hopeful!

We booked our current trip rate, like sitting at the pool at HRH right now, less than a month before the trip. Sometimes rates are released very late.

I originally booked a seasonal rate of $474 for April 6-8, decided to upgrade to an annual pass which will get us the annual pass rate of $319 (so save even with paying the upgrade fee) a few weeks ago and today dropped it down to $294!

Wow! I am simultaneously happy for you and a little jealous. (but hey, all good vacations should involve some jealousy from others, right?:P )

We're stuck going over Easter and it doesn't look like AP Rates are coming through this time. I keep checking (only 16 days away now!) but only 1 of our 5 nights has AP rates available--and that is only for select rooms.

Do I have to buy my AP pass now to get rates or can I do it when the rates come out? Getting afraid they won’t have AP rates when we are going due to busy time. June 29th-July 2nd :(

You can book the hotel with the ap discount rate even though you do not have the ap yet

Buy the ap online and get the voucher
Redeem the voucher once you are at uo

Show the hotel your ap once you get it so your discount rate holds

You can check into the hotel and show your ap voucher and once you have the plastic hard ap card, show hotel front desk TM then

Do I have to buy my AP pass now to get rates or can I do it when the rates come out? Getting afraid they won’t have AP rates when we are going due to busy time. June 29th-July 2nd :(

I am going 6/27-7/2 I am worried about the same thing:sad2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter