• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

apache

aeroheadsmith

Earning My Ears
Does any one know anything about those old Apache campers, we found one and have thought about buying it but not sure if you can still find parts for them. The one we found has the hard sides not the canvas.Thanks

Does any one know anything about those old Apache campers, we found one and have thought about buying it but not sure if you can still find parts for them. The one we found has the hard sides not the canvas.Thanks

Yep, we had a 1972 Apache Ramada (their largest trailer) with the hard sides and it had a brownish/tan body. We had it from 1973 till 1982 when be bought our first actual TT. Ours looked something like the following, but ours also had a small refer and I think was larger than the one shown:

92400181132000012_1.jpg

Not sure about parts, but if you look there were plastic covers that covered the lift metal that are missing in that pic and they were thin and subject to cracking so I bet they would be hard to replace. Also, the cranking mechanism used plastic type gears on each end that went into a plastic type belt that might also be very hard to find.

It was a good little trailer out in Ca., but could be real drafty and cold in the winter or in windy weather. We almost froze to death one time somewhere in Tx where we were parked out in the open and the temps got down into the 30's and the wind was blowing 40+ mph. We could hardly stay warm even trying to sleep in winter jackets.

Larry

We had a 1968?Ramada, but with the canvas boot ends. Friends have the hard side Apache and love it. The websites posted by tim5055 were very helpful to me. There is a huge group of Apache lovers out there, and offer good support for repairs and parts.:thumbsup2
WaltDisneyWorldOctober2003079-1.jpg

WaltDisneyWorldOctober2003078-1.jpg

I had one of those many years ago. As mentioned earlier, the main problem was with the plastic gears that raised the unit up. I think they are still available, but it was pretty had to replace them. Another common problem was with the "hinges" that connected all of the solid panels. I think they are also available. We had a lot of fun with that rig.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter