AP will expire one week before trip...how to do FP

tbssenterprises

DIS Veteran
Hello. My AP will expire at the end of August, and I have ressies for the first week of September. How will I be able to make FPs if my AP will be "expired" that first week of September. Trust me, I am going to renew (albeit I hate the new rates)...but won't do so when the FP calendar opens. By the way.....staying at a WDW resort, so I have that 60 day window.
How do I handle this? Thanks so much....

Hello. My AP will expire at the end of August, and I have ressies for the first week of September. How will I be able to make FPs if my AP will be "expired" that first week of September. Trust me, I am going to renew (albeit I hate the new rates)...but won't do so when the FP calendar opens.
How do I handle this? Thanks so much....
If you can't renew on time due to the "60 days prior" limitation,
call AP Services and explain.
They can move up your renewal purchase date under these circumstances.

YIKES! If I move up my renewal purchase date.....would that move up my "start" time on the AP? As of now, I can make FPs on July 3. AP expires August 28. I want to make a FP for September 3rd. Would I be able to keep my expiration/start date of August 28??

Thanks all. Now I have the complication of should I buy a voucher at Sams Club or renew my AP. Sams club will be a little over $100 less....but the timing might hurt. I posted this in a new post because it is getting confusing. :(

If you're not going to purchase the renewal 60 days out from expiration, then call GS and see if they can unlock it so you can book FPs.

Make sure you're considering sales tax when looking at the Sams rates. It didn't come out cheaper for me when I looked.

It will not change your expiration date. You can purchase your new AP at any time and use it for FPs. This spring, I purchased our new APs 70 days before our trip and used them for our FPs and then activted them when we got to the parks 2 months later. We have the full year from when we activated them.

It will not change your expiration date. You can purchase your new AP at any time and use it for FPs. This spring, I purchased our new APs 70 days before our trip and used them for our FPs and then activted them when we got to the parks 2 months later. We have the full year from when we activated them.

That would work, but not for the OP in this case, who wants to "renew" an existing AP.

DW is always having this issue (we go at least once a year, about the same day in August).

You have to call, they will issue a Renewal Certificate. As long as you have a valid AP, or a Renewal Certificate, you will be able to book FPs.

Note that the Renewal will not “really” be tied to your AP, you'll have to go to Will Call/a Guest Services window to have the Renewal Certificate become “active”, at which time the AP will be “officially” renewed, and its expiration date extended. Nothing changes for your “current” AP before you activate the renewal certificate.

(Not sure it this applies to all renewal, or only renewal in those cases, since we always renew a few days before the 60-days mark.)

Thanks all. Now I have the complication of should I buy a voucher at Sams Club or renew my AP. Sams club will be a little over $100 less....but the timing might hurt. I posted this in a new post because it is getting confusing. :(

Purchase the voucher from Sam's Club (if you can still get the old rates). If you're ok with paying it all up front, you won't have to activate it til you enter the parks so the new AP won't expire until early September, rather than late August.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!