AP room discounts

gracelrm

<font color=teal>Wow - you learn something new eve
So, we're DVC members and will activate our Platinum Plus Annual Pass in September. DH and I will both be retired and able to travel more often, but we'll be point poor for a while. With an annual pass, I know people receive reduced rate rooms from time to time, are the AP offers sent to random people, do you just call and ask if there is an AP rate or do you watch the DIS for notification? Already dreaming of future retirement trips and I still have 8 months to go!

We have booked AP rooms. If you log onto the general WDW website and sign in with your MDE/DVC credentials, select “places to stay” and then on the far right “view special offers”, you will see current room offers, if any for AP holders and can search availability and book from there.

We also are short on points; we've made a reservation for August for cash...hoping for either an AP or DVC discount. Plan to keep checking back.

Actually - there is a SECOND reason for new DVC Members to track discounted Hotel Rooms (GP or AP), at your Home Resort....

Your REAL "break even" point should be measured against DISCOUNTED price - not Rack. Sandy & I have been tracking DISCOUNTED room cost at our Home Resort for a good 6 years... April & November. We hit REAL break even on on APR 2018 trip :).

You can book the AP discount on the website -- they generally open up 60-120 days in advance so you can't plan super far out.

I recently booked All Star Music for $88 including tax for a stay in April. Can't beat that, I'll live with it for a night!

Last edited:
If you are OK with staying off site, the room deals can be even better and onsite parking is included with your AP...

Just throwing that out there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter