AP room discount for family

Dbktmc

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

I need some advice. We are going to Disney from June 12-22nd this year. My parents have just decided to join us from June 15th-22nd and will be staying at a different resort. I see that there is a decent AP discount for POP at that time and my parents have decided to stay there. Am I able to use my discount for their room? If so, how does it work?

TIA!

Edit: We are renting DVC points for our stay at GF if that makes a difference.

The person with the AP has to be in the room as far as I am aware.

So you would need to switch rooms with one of them.

I thought that a passholder could book 3 rooms using the AP discount but I wasn't sure why I thought that....

I thought that a passholder could book 3 rooms using the AP discount but I wasn't sure why I thought that....

You can book three rooms but I was under the impression that they all had to be at the same resort and you had to be in one. We had a two bedroom villa at OKW last time and our parents came down for the last three nights and a studio at OKW on the AP rate wasn't very much more than a Pop room.

OP, I would just put yourself on the room and go with them to check in. You would have to pay the extra adult fee, though, so it may not end up being a cost savings.

You can book up to 3 rooms with the AP discount and you definitely don't have to be in the room as the AP holder. My family just went to ASMo in January and had 4 rooms booked with the AP discount and only 2 of us had an AP. I had to call in to get the AP discounts for the 2 rooms without an AP holder in them, but it was absolutely no issue. We were prepared to show our APs when we all checked in but no one was asked for one.

You can book up to 3 rooms with the AP discount and you definitely don't have to be in the room as the AP holder. My family just went to ASMo in January and had 4 rooms booked with the AP discount and only 2 of us had an AP. I had to call in to get the AP discounts for the 2 rooms without an AP holder in them, but it was absolutely no issue. We were prepared to show our APs when we all checked in but no one was asked for one.

But you were at the same resort, right? The OP said her parents want a different resort. So probably won’t work for her.

But you were at the same resort, right? The OP said her parents want a different resort. So probably won’t work for her.
Yes, I meant to add that but I forgot! We were at the same resort so I definitely can't say how that works at different resorts! But we had no issues with having no AP holders in 2 of the rooms.

OP here. I called and spoke with the reservation line and found out that I must be staying in the same resort which won't work for us. We are staying at the GF renting points for the first time so we can't change our plans. I wish that we had known that they wanted to join us because I would have never chosen to stay here again this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter