AP Pricing Concerns

As always a 15% discount, unless there is a new disclaimer that I don't see yet.

Here's what it says today;
Yes. As a courtesy, we offer a discount for renewing your Walt Disney World Annual Pass up to 30 days after your Anniversary Date.

but no mention of how much?
Thanks. We are new to AP and our passes do not expire until July so the website will not show renewal price.
All of the weeks I priced seemed to be significantly higher so I’m wondering if it makes sense to just renew the AP.

Thanks. We are new to AP and our passes do not expire until July so the website will not show renewal price.
All of the weeks I priced seemed to be significantly higher so I’m wondering if it makes sense to just renew the AP.

Water Parks After 2 Annual Pass (FL resident only pass)
  • Increasing from $75 to $79
Water Parks Annual Pass
  • No increase – $130
Epcot After 4 Annual Pass (FL resident only pass)
  • Increasing from $279 to $289
Disney Weekday Select Pass (FL resident only pass)
  • Increasing from $289 to $319
Disney Silver Pass (FL resident only pass)
  • Increasing from $439 to $479
Disney Gold Pass (FL resident and DVC member only pass)
  • Increasing from $589 to $609
Disney Platinum Pass
  • Florida resident increasing from $729 to $749
  • Regular pass increasing from $849 to $894
Disney Platinum Plus Pass
  • Florida resident increasing from $829 to $849
  • Regular pass increasing from $949 to $994

http://blogmickey.com/2018/10/walt-disney-world-annual-pass-price-increase-effective-today/

I have a platinum annual pass that needs to renew by November 11th. It’s showing a renewal price if $808 after taxes.

Can I renew through AAA for a cheaper price (I’m already a member)? We’re not planning another disney trip until February.

Having actually looked at the APs, I'm seriously considering FL Select if I renew. The only semi-problematic blockouts for me are no Saturdays for MK, but if we do day trips, it's almost always on a Sunday, anyway, so I don't think that'll be an issue. Now that the Select's price is lower than Silver, it's a lot more attractive.

Of the 4 parks, HS is the only park blocked out for all of September and October.
Makes one think SWGE may be open in early fall, no? I was figuring later, but with these blockout dates...

I'm so confused! Could someone please check/correct my math??

If I purchase from UCT today under the old ticket system - a 4 day PH (5th day free) = $458
If I decide to upgrade to an AP the value of that ticket = ~$521?? Which is the price I would've paid before Oct 16 for a 5 day PH direct from Disney?

So my cost at the time I upgrade would be the current price of a non-florida platinum AP -- 952 - 521 = ~$431??
TIA!

I have a platinum annual pass that needs to renew by November 11th. It’s showing a renewal price if $808 after taxes.

Can I renew through AAA for a cheaper price (I’m already a member)? We’re not planning another disney trip until February.

I did my renewal through AAA on the 15th. There was a $30 AAA member discount off of Disney’s renewal rate. I would check ASAP and see if they are offering the old rate or the new one, since my understanding is that resellers are being given a sort of grace period until the 29th to switch over to the new system. So you might get lucky.

I did mine at AAA because I was not in my renewal window direct with Disney. I wouldn’t have been able to renew with Disney until the 28th.

I'm so confused! Could someone please check/correct my math??

If I purchase from UCT today under the old ticket system - a 4 day PH (5th day free) = $458
If I decide to upgrade to an AP the value of that ticket = ~$521?? Which is the price I would've paid before Oct 16 for a 5 day PH direct from Disney?

So my cost at the time I upgrade would be the current price of a non-florida platinum AP -- 952 - 521 = ~$431??
TIA!

If $521 is the correct amount for a 5-day ticket purchased prior to October 16th, your math is correct.

We paid $404 for a four day plus two extra days (so six days total) for a 6 day park pass from UT.

I've always renewed on the 1st day of our next trip. That way I get a full year from that date. It can often be 1 to 2 months after the AP expires. Otherwise those 1 or 2 months would be wasted and thus expensive!

Anyone splurge and buy the Premier Passport for $1580 thats also good at Disneyland? Would love to but do not travel back and forth enough times.

Today is my 60 day renewal day..I can renew now 2 months early. After looking at the website and calling the AP line..as of today the blackout dates thru next year are the same as this year.
The discount is 15% for my silver and the CM assured me that the blackout dates if I renew today will not change...

Today is my 60 day renewal day..I can renew now 2 months early. After looking at the website and calling the AP line..as of today the blackout dates thru next year are the same as this year.
The discount is 15% for my silver and the CM assured me that the blackout dates if I renew today will not change...

CM also assured multiple people SWW would continue...

I hope they don’t change block out dates, but I’ll believe it when the calendar comes out for all of next year.

I'm afraid to say that CM was blowing smoke/telling you what you want to hear.
They do change blackout dates on passes after they are purchased. Usually, it's lifting dates, and heck, no one will complain about that but fact is, that is still a change to blackout dates. So what the CM said is wrong, they CAN change. No one knows if they will or not.
There is history there, they did make them more restrictive in DL.

I've always renewed on the 1st day of our next trip. That way I get a full year from that date. It can often be 1 to 2 months after the AP expires. Otherwise those 1 or 2 months would be wasted and thus expensive!
But how does that change anything? The date you do the renewal doesn't change the expiration date of the pass. The pass maintains it's original expiration date.

I am thinking about just getting the weekday pass when my current Gold pass expires. Will I still save 15% if I downgrade?

I am thinking about just getting the weekday pass when my current Gold pass expires. Will I still save 15% if I downgrade?
Yes for now...
but as with the somewhat surprising AP increase at the same time as the regular tickets, the choice of passes may change sooner than later.
The silver and maybe gold pass could go away and be replaced with a more restrictive version such as the FL select..or the Fl select is the replacement and the silver may go bye bye.
As far as adding black out dates to a FL pass that I have purchased on installments, it would be a very poor decision on WDW to change the terms of the contract mid stream...that would be like leasing a car with an agreed upon mileage allowance and then the finance company coming back and lowering that amount..not legal or likely.
There is no disclaimer that would allow them to make any changes on the pass or installment contract other than for non payment or abusing your privilege, unlike just about any other ticket "not pass" in which there all kinds of disclaimers to not guarantee parades, fireworks ,etc.......

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter