Ap Pass Question

disneyobessed

DIS Veteran
how much do you actually save on resorts if you have an annual pass. my family (husband and 2sons) plan on going next June. DOes the annual pass cost as much as a 7 day pass? What other types of discounts do you get if you buy this? Is it actually worth it to buy the annual pass if you are staying for a week(saturday-Saturday) sorry for such a nonsense question but im trying to save as much money as i can and still stay at a moderate resort.

disneyobessed said:
how much do you actually save on resorts if you have an annual pass. my family (husband and 2sons) plan on going next June. DOes the annual pass cost as much as a 7 day pass? What other types of discounts do you get if you buy this? Is it actually worth it to buy the annual pass if you are staying for a week(saturday-Saturday) sorry for such a nonsense question but im trying to save as much money as i can and still stay at a moderate resort.

I saved a ton with the annual pass. It has actually gotten me to come back within the year, so Disney loves me.

For you it would depend on the type of room discount you get. You can wait and book the AP discount without actually having the AP. You then get a voucher and activate it when you get to WDW.

You save on some dining options, rental cars, etc... but I found the best is 10% off at the World of Disney store at DTD. We would look in the parks for souveniers and then go to WOD for the discount.

Here is a link that compares a package deal versus the AP discount and booking things separately. http://mousesavers.com/packagevsap.html

duds

can you use more than one method of receiving a discount? FOr example i also have AAA. SO would i get the AAA discount in addition to the ap discount?

I have used it my pst two trips, one to YC and one to GF. I had the YC standard for $199 + tax (value season) standard rate. Had free upgrade to Water view, the rack rate on it was like $320 a night. So that's like $120 X 4 nights there. FOr the GF I paid like :earseek: $365 a night with tax, was upgraded to MK view at a rack rate of ~$620 a night, saved ~$250 a night there for four nights. Total approx. savings: $480 + $1000 = 1480 less the cost of the AP ~$420 = $1020. Also take into account the savings I've had thanks to my DDE card, plus another trip booked for June!

Welcome to the DIS, DisneyObsessed! :wave:

You can only have one discount. You can not have both an AP discount and a AAA discount on the same room.

The AP rates can save quite a bit. The current annual pass rates offer $25 off per night for value resorts, $40 off per night at moderate resorts, and $100 off per night at deluxe resorts.

AAA can save you between 10 and 15% per night. Your best bet may be to sit down and try to figure out the costs each way to determine if the purchasing an AP is the best deal for your family.

Karen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter