• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP or DC reservation? help

tct2

Earning My Ears
I have a trip booked for November using my DC card. We have 3 rooms at POR. I got the DC rate (114.54 for two rooms, 131.19 for the other because we need a trundle bed). I just called to see if the AP rate was available and it is. Using the form on the Mousesavers site I we would save $98.51 if I buy an AP Premium pass and $222.95 if I buy the regular AP pass. Sounds like a deal but yet I'm confused! :confused:

Here are the questions I have:

1) If I buy the regular AP pass I will have to purchase a days admission to Typhoon Lagoon as we've promised the kids we'll go there. That's about $30 but what are the lines like? I don't want to hold up my entire group by spending half the day in line.

2) If we go to Pleasure Island I'll have to pay to get in there. Or could I use my mother's Hopper Pass (she can't go, she has to babysit my kids!) to get the discount? She won't be using it anyway. Is this allowed?

3) This is the biggest one: The Cast Member I spoke with told me that in order to check in using an AP code we have to go to one of the major resorts and have my AP activated. This would mean I'd have to take the bus over to the MK, activate the pass and then take the bus back to check my party in. Is this true?

I guess I'm leaning towards purchasing the regular AP pass and buying the other tickets with our DC Card. What I don't want to do is to waste valuable Disney moments running around trying to save a few dollars. Not that money isn't an issue, but I this will be our last Disney vacation for a long while and I want to make the most of every moment. I'd love some feedback or thoughts on if it's worth switching my vacation over or not. Thank you all!

Your AP will not need to be activated in order to check in. All you need is a voucher to check in. I have done this several times. When you are ready to activate your AP go to either MGM or Epcot guest services area. It is less crowded than MK. I think your senarios are all pointing towards you doing better economically to purchasing an AP. Have a wonderful trip. The lines are not long to purchases tickets for the water parks if you go at the opening of the parks. It took about 5 minutes to get the pass and go to the turnstiles.

DisneyDenise,

Thanks for your reply. I checked out the DC prices at the Disney Store tonight and I think that's the way I will go. I wonder though, can I possibly purchase a childs Annual Pass and use that for the hotel rate? I think that will net us even more savings. Is this possible? Thanks!

tct2, I believe that I read somewhere that you must have an ADULT AP for the hotel check-in.
Also, I have read where CMs have told others that their AP must be activated before check-in. I also inquired about this because it won't even be possible for us to activate it before we check-in because we'll be checking in at around 2:00am. I was told that you only need the voucher to check-in.

B3LM,

thanks for your reply. I waited on hold for 10 minutes tonight to get a Cast Member who confirmed that you need an Adult AP to check in. At first she told me that you could book only one room per AP but after checking with another CM she confirmed that I could book three, which is what I need. Just as we were about to make the switch the system shut down. How frustrating! I'll be calling at 7 am tomorrow to get this taken care of. I'm nervous about messing with my original reservation. Being the appointed travel agent for my family, I'm feeling alot of pressure! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter