AP Holders: Should Disney "Stop the Clock" on passes until there is a Vaccine for COVID-19 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyp4WDW

Mouseketeer
I think yes....Lots of us will have to reschedule a trip in the first few months of Disney re-opening or loose the time left on our passes. I simply do not want to have to choose between Safety OR letting the remaining time on my pass elapse.

One of the main problems with their "one size fits all" offer is, it does not address the fact that every state has a different set of data with regard to the Corona Virus. So when we have to fly into Florida to get to Disney...Florida might be ahead of my state in reopening phases. (Plus many of us do not want to be among the first crowds back to Disneyworld).

One of the main problems with their "one size fits all" offer is, it does not address the fact that every state has a different set of data with regard to the Corona Virus. So when we have to fly into Florida to get to Disney...Florida might be ahead of my state in reopening phases. (Plus many of us do not want to be among the first crowds back to Disneyworld).
So ask for a partial refund. Then apply the refund for purchasing a new pass when both your state and Florida is open and when you feel comfortable in visiting the parks.

It's a matter of math. $100 or $200 back on the pass does not equate to an additional vacation week of unlimited visits. (It's a lose/lose offer)
I do not plan to renew the pass.
They already are stopping the clock for as long as the parks are closed, and offering partial refunds, as well. I think that's enough. I'm looking forward to the partial refund, because we're tied to a school schedule and extending the passes for a few months during the school year (based on when our passes were activated) wouldn't help us.

Once the park opens it's individuals' call as to whether to go or not, based on their own risk status & personal concern about the virus. Individuals always have to deal with the fact that they might get sick or injured & not go to Disney- that's part of the risk of getting an AP & not Disney's responsibility.

No .. there may NEVER be a vaccine. And just like any other illness out there, people have to take their own calculated risks on going to a crowded theme park or not. We've probably all gone to Disney during flu season and came back fine (yes .. I know this virus is different and more easily transmitted) .. but the facts show the survival rate of this is HIGH, barely affects young people and a lot of people get it an NEVER know it.

Disney may make exceptions for individuals, but not a general overall policy change.

They already are stopping the clock for as long as the parks are closed, and offering partial refunds, as well. I think that's enough. I'm looking forward to the partial refund, because we're tied to a school schedule and extending the passes for a few months during the school year (based on when our passes were activated) wouldn't help us.

Once the park opens it's individuals' call as to whether to go or not, based on their own risk status & personal concern about the virus. Individuals always have to deal with the fact that they might get sick or injured & not go to Disney- that's part of the risk of getting an AP & not Disney's responsibility.

I agree but under certain conditions. If they reopen WDW but do it like China, where only main street and a few shops and restaurants are open, then I don't think that should restart the clock.

Likewise you need a few weeks (months?) after things get started back up for people to be able to start planning trips again (let alone airlines building up capacity and that's not even counting getting over the fear of another outbreak)

My pass expires on May 12 so it will most likely be good through July. Them going the refund route option leads me to believe they will just extend them for the days the parks are closed. I feel they should extend anyone that expires in 2020 that their pass is valid until 12/31/20 for this year but I think that’s just wishful thinking on my part

Nor does it consider overseas visitors.

I agree but under certain conditions. If they reopen WDW but do it like China, where only main street and a few shops and restaurants are open, then I don't think that should restart the clock.

Likewise you need a few weeks (months?) after things get started back up for people to be able to start planning trips again (let alone airlines building up capacity and that's not even counting getting over the fear of another outbreak)

I think their offering the partial refund is their way of "stopping the clock" - then, if you want, you can take that towards your next AP which would start whenever you want to / feel comfortable (be it in 3 months, 18 months, whatever). Guess the one aspect is that with the break you wouldn't qualify for the renewal discount - maybe they can extend that (say that if you renew within 12 months of when the parks closed you can still qualify for the renewal discount or something)

I do think it is an interesting larger question to say that if they open with a modified experience will that still count as a time on your annual pass for those that chose to extend it, or for day guests will they charge full price?

Or do they have like a "soft" opening period that doesn't count towards the time on your regular AP (be it that you would have to pay extra to go during this "soft opening" period, or just have it be "bonus" time)

Nor does it consider overseas visitors.

I have an AP expiring end of October this year. I also live almost halfway across the world from Orlando (from where I am, I can either fly East or West to get to Orlando... and it takes about the same amount of flight time; I’ve done both options in the past).

Out of curiousity, I just did a quick flight search, and the flight options I have now are extremely limited. And even if flights were available, I’m not sure I would want to spend over 20 hours in the air and transit through multiple airports to get to Orlando in the near future.

So unless things change dramatically before my AP expires, going to WDW is no longer a feasible option for me.

To be honest, I’ve resigned myself to losing out on the rest of my AP. Will definitely be opting for the refund rather than extension option...

There is absolutely no indication that WDW is going to only open up the parks via just opening Main Street, shops and restaurants, and it is extremely unlikely they would. That would massively increase crowding, as there would be no rides to space people out through the park. And WDW has Disney Springs to offer shops & restaurants. They might start just by opening Disney Springs, but that has nothing to do with APs. They're also aware that APs aren't going to suffer gladly having their passes' time used up for days or weeks when there are no rides. So, no. When the parks open up, it is almost certain that the rides will be open, too.

People are planning trips now. I've got two trips planned, one for July and one for December. So that argument doesn't hold water, either.

The one consideration I think they might take into account is if travel is almost impossible from the passholder's home (such as a stay-at-home order still being in existence in that passholder's state or country). They might be generous if that is an issue when the parks open. I doubt the parks will actually open when a full stay-at-home order is still in place in any state, but it's possible.

My reading is that are only going to refund for the closure time. Not the entire time remaining on your pass. If that is the case the pass would expire on the same date it would have originaly if you choose the refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!