AP Holders, newbie here and have some questions

momofmikey

Mommy also to Daniel and Lauren
I will be upgrading my 8DPHs at the end of this month to APs. We go yearly end of August, but next year, my daughter's dance team is competing end of June, so I think it pays to get APs. Plus, with the decreasing value of the free dining promo, seems like a good idea. Never had them before, so have some questions.

I understand there's not an AP discount if we purchase the dining plan, but there can be room discounts for that time period? Does anyone know what they were for this month?

The cost of the Memory Maker is included? I will be upgrading my tickets on the last day of my trip, would I be able to activate the Memory Maker then?

Any other perks associated with being AP Holder?

Thanks!

We don't do the dining plan. Food depending on the restaurant is 10-30% off. Rooms are usually discounted too depending on the season and level of accommodations. Free parking and memory maker is included depending which AP you get. If you're going more than 10 days or 3x a year plus we think it's worth it!!

I always recommend when considering an AP don't take any discounts into consideration. Compare apples to apples and go strictly based on the cost of tickets plus memory maker if you normally get it. The discounts are never guaranteed and subject to change all the time. We were there last week and I got a discount in only one place we ate and the general discount staked with an Orbitz discount was better than the AP discount. If you don't normally get hoppers, don't use the hopper rate when comparing prices since it's not what you would have really paid.

Yes, your memory maker will be active from the first day in the parks, as will your AP expiration date so it really doesn't help you any to wait until your last day.

Yes, your memory maker will be active from the first day in the parks, as will your AP expiration date so it really doesn't help you any to wait until your last day.

I was told that the day I go to Guest Services to upgrade, that's the day the time would start? I will be checking out this year on 9/1/17, and wanted AP to expire on 8/31/18?

The AP's start date is the date you activate your ticket, not the date you upgrade. Double check the date if you do upgrade. When I upgraded my daughter to an AP, the CM used the ticket purchase date, which was a month prior to our trip.

Lol, my tickets were purchased last year as part of the bounceback promotion.

I was told that the day I go to Guest Services to upgrade, that's the day the time would start? I will be checking out this year on 9/1/17, and wanted AP to expire on 8/31/18?

Your AP date will start the first day you use the ticket you are upgrading so it doesn't matter if you do it the first or last day, the first day of the AP will be that first day you used that ticket to enter the gate.

Oh ok, that changes things a little, but still think it'll be worth it to cover the few days we are going in June.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!