AP help?

eddiewells

Earning My Ears
I am seeming to have a hard time understanding APs. I have looked on all the websites, but I still have 2 basic questions.
- Do you have to renew APs every year?
- Are there any situations that if you only visit WDW once a year, the amount you save would be greater than the cost of the AP itself?

Thanks for any help. Sorry if these seem like silly questions, but I'm new at money-saving tips.

hi and welcome to the dis!!!!
to answer your fist question~yes you have to renew every year. AP stands for Annual Pass. it is good for 365 days from activation.

the second question is a little trickier. the break even point with the annual pass is 8 days. although it may pay for itself with discounts. there are some perks to having one.

you can also save with the disney club. have you looked at mousesavers? also check out wdwig.com. and our home site for the dis is www.wdwinfo.com great info on all of these sites.

happy planning!!

Here is what I know about AP's even if you are staying less then 8 days, you might be able to get if available a very good discount off of you hotel...

Right now if you call CRO and just tell them you want the annual pass rate they will let you know if the resort has any availability and what the rate is then compare the differnce to what your tickets would have cost based on your needs and what the AP costs. Disney Club members get an AP discount.

Keep in mind only one person in your party has to have an AP, can be child to get the Resort Discounts.

I booked BC--Sept, and came out ahead a couple of hundred off of the DC rate including the difference in the tickets between a 7 day Ultimate with DC discount and the AP rate..

Good Luck!;)

allforpooh,
According to CRO the annual pass has to be an adult annual pass as they cannot book a room to a child or adult under the age of 18. I have asked at least 4 different CMs at CRO and the answer has been the same.

to answer your fist question~yes you have to renew every year. AP stands for Annual Pass. it is good for 365 days from activation.

no you don't, its not a lifetimecommitment, lol;) :D

Gail,

I will have to call again, I also talked to several CM's at CRO and originally found the info on Mousesavers.com., but since I do not want to have a surprise when I get there I will re- check. Thanks for the heads up.

Dee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter