AP for solo traveller?

mikeishere

Mouseketeer
Got a few questions on AP

Is an annual pass worth it for a solo traveller?

Which AP should i get?

How many times a year and how many nights you think should go to DLPR to make it worth it as solo traveller?

Is an annual pass worth it for a solo traveller?

I feel like an Annual Pass is 'worth it' for a frequent park visitor, solo or not.
But I've also never done the parks solo, so I could be way off the mark.

Which AP should i get?

The short answer:
You should get the AP which best fits with your personal preferences, budget, and future travel plans.

The TMI answer:
My husband and I recently decided that the 'Magic Flex' APs would be a good way to test the passholder waters.
In addition to park entry, the 'Magic Flex' option offers the benefits we're most interested in (free parking and on-site hotel discount), with blackout dates that fall during times we aren't planning to travel, for what we find to be a reasonable price.

But that's just us! If you're looking for maximum 'bang for your buck' / the full VIP situation / something else entirely, you may be looking to purchase a different AP than we did.

You can find more detailed information about each Passport on the official Disneyland Paris website; here's a link to the PDF they provide, which compares all four options side-by-side.

How many times a year and how many nights you think should go to DLPR to make it worth it as solo traveller?

This seems tough-to-impossible to answer, but I'll give it my best objective(ish?) go:

The cost of a single-day ticket for both parks is approx. £60 (info found here).
You could convert the cost of whichever AP you're interested into GBP and divide that by £60 to get a rough idea of how many park days = face value of your chosen AP.

For example: I paid €189 (or approx. £165) for my individual 'Magic Flex' AP; £165 divided by £60 = 2.75.
So, my AP cost less than 3 single-day tickets, but it's good for park entry on 300 days of the year.

That feels 'worth it' to me, but everybody's 'worth it' is different.

Rather than going by my oversimplified calculations, think about your own plans to visit Disneyland Paris over the next year; look at the cost of the relevant park tickets (from Disney and/or wherever else you might purchase tickets) and compare that against AP prices & info to help determine how many visits / what length of stay would make purchasing an AP 'worth it' to you.

If your desired travel dates happen to line up with any special offers or holiday packages, you might also want to compare the associated discounts/benefits against the benefits of whichever AP you're thinking of purchasing.

Hope this ridiculous novel-length comment hasn't made things even more confusing. Good luck with your trip planning/AP research!

I feel like an Annual Pass is 'worth it' for a frequent park visitor, solo or not.
But I've also never done the parks solo, so I could be way off the mark.

The short answer:
You should get the AP which best fits with your personal preferences, budget, and future travel plans.

The TMI answer:
My husband and I recently decided that the 'Magic Flex' APs would be a good way to test the passholder waters.
In addition to park entry, the 'Magic Flex' option offers the benefits we're most interested in (free parking and on-site hotel discount), with blackout dates that fall during times we aren't planning to travel, for what we find to be a reasonable price.

But that's just us! If you're looking for maximum 'bang for your buck' / the full VIP situation / something else entirely, you may be looking to purchase a different AP than we did.

You can find more detailed information about each Passport on the official Disneyland Paris website; here's a link to the PDF they provide, which compares all four options side-by-side.

This seems tough-to-impossible to answer, but I'll give it my best objective(ish?) go:

The cost of a single-day ticket for both parks is approx. £60 (info found here).
You could convert the cost of whichever AP you're interested into GBP and divide that by £60 to get a rough idea of how many park days = face value of your chosen AP.

For example: I paid €189 (or approx. £165) for my individual 'Magic Flex' AP; £165 divided by £60 = 2.75.
So, my AP cost less than 3 single-day tickets, but it's good for park entry on 300 days of the year.

That feels 'worth it' to me, but everybody's 'worth it' is different.

Rather than going by my oversimplified calculations, think about your own plans to visit Disneyland Paris over the next year; look at the cost of the relevant park tickets (from Disney and/or wherever else you might purchase tickets) and compare that against AP prices & info to help determine how many visits / what length of stay would make purchasing an AP 'worth it' to you.

If your desired travel dates happen to line up with any special offers or holiday packages, you might also want to compare the associated discounts/benefits against the benefits of whichever AP you're thinking of purchasing.

Hope this ridiculous novel-length comment hasn't made things even more confusing. Good luck with your trip planning/AP research!

Thank you every much for your help and answering my questions. Your novel length answer is much appreciated and very very helpful Thankyou every much don't worry about it being too long your help is very much appreciated like I say.

The magic flex was actually the one I was thinking of as like you say it seemed a great starter one and the calculations you have given me is making me think that's deffo the one to go for

The magic

You can get a 10% discount for your annual pass if someone how own a passport sponsors you. It is called Parrinage. Since they get a free passport if they sponsor three people, it's not too hard to find someone to sponsor you. There is a thread on this board for that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter