AP Discount Watch and FAQ 2023. 10% - 40% off select nights July 11 - Sept 28; Oct 2 - Dec 25

Still tons of availability for SWGE opening week! Discounts totally bungled.
We got the 35% off at the YC for SWGE preview weekend, and just booked a week ago. There is still availability for then. You have to book water view, and Cl comes and goes, but at least a price we were willing to pay and actually seems half way reasonable given it's walking distance and a weekend.

We got the 35% off at the YC for SWGE preview weekend, and just booked a week ago. There is still availability for then. You have to book water view, and Cl comes and goes, but at least a price we were willing to pay and actually seems half way reasonable given it's walking distance and a weekend.
Yes but 8/29-8/31 are excluded from discounts which given the availability seems like the wrong call.

Thanks to both who responded. Rates are crazy high. Our current reservation is at the YC for the 29-2nd, just a standard room. I love CL and since that's the only thing available there for the extended days, was thinking of just tacking them on. For those prices though, I may look at a less expensive resort and just switch resorts. All depends on what the flight change will cost me! It's a little late to be making major reservation changes so not surprised at the lack of availability and pricing.
Yeah, that's a tough one. I'm with you, I would really prefer the CL room. However, tons cheaper to simply move resorts, and since it's for a few days moving isn't quite as bad as if it would be for just one night. I have no idea which we would end up choosing. With those rates I might just go cheaper.

I couldn't agree more!!! Rack rates at all of the resorts (deluxes in particular) are getting out of control. I was looking at RPC rooms in the GF for 2 random weekdays in December, for example, and the rack rate is $1250-$1500 a night! Poly CL is $850-$1200. I know I'm looking at some of Disney's most expensive rooms, but come on! They are pricing it so that very, very few people will ever be able or willing to book at rack rate, and making the least expensive rooms hard to come by. I guess that must be working for them. I mean, I know the GF os the flagship resort and the Poly is crazy popular, but other than supply and demand and making money there is just no way to justify those crazy rates. It's not like you get priority access to anything or a personal butler or something amazing along those lines to justify the prices. So far we've been able to stay where we want with discounts, but I don't know how long we'll be willing to do that as prices keep going up.
Totally! I keep spreadsheets for everything, and the discounted prices that I've been getting are around what rack rates used to be just a few years ago. So when Disney said they would wean off discounts, they sort of have. They just raised the rack rates, so that with a discount we are paying what we did. LOL. For example, about 5 years ago we paid $480 for the Saturday night before Columbus Day at YC GV, including tax. It was excluded from discounts. It looks like this year there's no availability to apply a discount, but if there were, it would be around what I paid rack rate a few years ago anyway. I mean, I expect a 2%-3% increase every year, but it's been much more than that.

Thanks to both who responded. Rates are crazy high. Our current reservation is at the YC for the 29-2nd, just a standard room. I love CL and since that's the only thing available there for the extended days, was thinking of just tacking them on. For those prices though, I may look at a less expensive resort and just switch resorts. All depends on what the flight change will cost me! It's a little late to be making major reservation changes so not surprised at the lack of availability and pricing.
It may be fun to try somewhere new too. And since it would be just a few days, if you don't love it, it's not like you booked an entire week.

Yes but 8/29-8/31 are excluded from discounts which given the availability seems like the wrong call.
I guess in my head I took SWGE opening weekend and translated it to AP preview weekend, since that is what pertains to me,and posted. I didn't necessarily mean you could get it for Labor day weekend also, I don't know why everyone couldn't follow my brain and know what I meant :rotfl2::rotfl2::goodvibes!

I also agree, that seems like a bad decision. At least give it a lesser discount, but still a discount. As I posted earlier, rack rates are so out of control that I think many people won't book without a discount (us included for the most part). People who aren't Disney savvy, and don't know how their discounts work, etc, may just see rack rates and either not go or stay offsite.

Have the rates been fluctuating like they were, so that weekends are sometimes discounted? Wondering if I should try to modify my AP rate.

I haven't been diligent about checking like I intended. The system is still giving me a three minute Space Mountain loading screen, which I thought would have gone away by now.

Have the rates been fluctuating like they were, so that weekends are sometimes discounted? Wondering if I should try to modify my AP rate.

I haven't been diligent about checking like I intended. The system is still giving me a three minute Space Mountain loading screen, which I thought would have gone away by now.
Yep, still weekends still wavering, sometimes showing discounted, others don't.

[

What is up with that screen? I've seen it lately when I'm looking at changing my reservation, and that's the only time. Sometimes I'll even get 2 of them, when the first runs down I get a second longer one. Did something change that I missed?

I just went to do one of my regular checks of my YC water view reservation to make sure a less expensive standard or garden view didn't pop up, and not only did I have to wait 2:30 to get in on that space mountain page, but the AP rates for the weekends are back at rack rate again.

I just went to do one of my regular checks of my YC water view reservation to make sure a less expensive standard or garden view didn't pop up, and not only did I have to wait 2:30 to get in on that space mountain page, but the AP rates for the weekends are back at rack rate again.

Darn! I really should have been checking daily, but have been sidetracked by other things. And I am really not sure why the Space Mountain loading page is a thing now either!

Darn! I really should have been checking daily, but have been sidetracked by other things. And I am really not sure why the Space Mountain loading page is a thing now either!
I have to assume it will change again in a day or 2, but I guess you never know. Rates had been discounted for the past week-ish, and in my case availability for water view and water view CL have been coming and going, but nothing else. it makes sense, since less expensive rooms tend to fill first, but I'm still checking. it's almost like a game lol.

If someone is free and doesn’t mind, can someone check BW for Nov 9-12 to see if anything has come open there? Thanks!

Here's a weird thing. I had decided to look at adding days on to the front end of our trip, rather than at the back end. There are several resorts that show no availability until I actually click on them- then they do. BUT....the weekend rates on these are actually higher than the rack rate. Go figure. Sure wish Disney would get their act together on these discounts!

AP pricing is back to discounted on weekends for August. Still nothing new at the YC, but the water view price is back to 35% off.
Thank you for the update! Still not showing the discounted rate for the weekends for my dates, Sept 11-15, at Sports. I'll keep checking!

Ugh! I have tried all day to book a couple of different resorts using the AP discount but when I go to checkout, says they are no longer available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts