AP Discount Question.

vamassey1

DIS Veteran
We have a family trip planned for December 2019. DD just got accepted to the DCP for Spring Advantage 2020. I'm planning on converting my ticket for our December trip to an annual pass once we get down there. I need to get a reservation for when I drop her off in late January. I'm waiting to see if discounts are offered for this time period. I have never had an annual pass so please educate me. Can I book the room before I get my annual pass? and if so how do I do that? Once my DD starts her program we plan on using her discount for rooms.

Thanks!

You can book a room before you get an annual pass. The AP discounts for January aren't released yet, though. They usually come out in early October.You would have to call to book a room with the AP then show the pass when you check in.:)

Also keep in mind CM discounts are NOT guaranteed and only appear if they have rooms to fill. It is not an automatic "40% off every Grand Floridian room" just because she is a CP. Sometimes there a great deals, sometimes it is only on certain categories of rooms, sometimes there are only a few rooms available and you may miss out. Also your DCP must be the one to do the booking.
Congrats to your DCP kiddo!

You can book a room before you get an annual pass. The AP discounts for January aren't released yet, though. They usually come out in early October.You would have to call to book a room with the AP then show the pass when you check in.:)

This is very good to hear. I'm watching the post looking for January discounts and have my fingers crossed. It should be a quite time at WDW. I think the Pro Bowl was around that weekend last year. Thank you!

Also keep in mind CM discounts are NOT guaranteed and only appear if they have rooms to fill. It is not an automatic "40% off every Grand Floridian room" just because she is a CP. Sometimes there a great deals, sometimes it is only on certain categories of rooms, sometimes there are only a few rooms available and you may miss out. Also your DCP must be the one to do the booking.
Congrats to your DCP kiddo!

Thank you!

I joined the DCP Parents FB group and have been reading as much as I can. I'm hoping for the 40% discount but not counting on it. My back up will be the annual pass discount. I am flexible on rooms. When we come to visit it will just be for short trips. I really need more vacation time.

Thank you!

I joined the DCP Parents FB group and have been reading as much as I can. I'm hoping for the 40% discount but not counting on it. My back up will be the annual pass discount. I am flexible on rooms. When we come to visit it will just be for short trips. I really need more vacation time.
I was going to suggest the DCP FB Parents group (make sure it is the one with Laura S as an admin). They are incredible helpful!!
Good discounts do pop up and at odd times-2 years ago got a great discount over NYE at Coronado. And last August got a good one for a studio at Animal Kingdom Lodge! The DVC studio was cheaper than a regular room with discounts. I've also snagged good last minute disounts with AP over Spring break (just happened to be rooms left at All star sports LOL). The problem with the AP is wanting to go "because you already have ticket"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter