AP Bridging Question

SarahC97

DIS Veteran
I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but I thought I'd check with all you fine people to make sure.

We have a trip coming up in July where we're planning to bridge our 7-day park hoppers to APs. You have to wait for the first day of those tickets to do that, right? So if we planned a last minute trip in June, there's no way to use our July tickets to go ahead and do the upgrade, right? Do I have to wait for the first active day of the 7-day tickets before I can upgrade?

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but I thought I'd check with all you fine people to make sure.

We have a trip coming up in July where we're planning to bridge our 7-day park hoppers to APs. You have to wait for the first day of those tickets to do that, right? So if we planned a last minute trip in June, there's no way to use our July tickets to go ahead and do the upgrade, right? Do I have to wait for the first active day of the 7-day tickets before I can upgrade?

Thanks!

No, you don't have to wait for the first day of the ticket. If you're going in June and want to upgrade those July tickets to an AP while you're there, then go for it. We just recently did this for an AP renewal in March. We upgraded and bridged December 2019 tickets toward the AP renewal. I bought them 3rd party with the December dates because those had the highest savings for bridging purposes with the most recent price increase. If you're bridging, just make sure you know the value of the ticket you're bridging from (your hoppers) since it's increasingly typical for guest services to quote you the "price" of the ticket that the 3rd party vendor paid Disney for the ticket versus the actual "value" of the ticket. Good luck!

No, you don't have to wait for the first day of the ticket. If you're going in June and want to upgrade those July tickets to an AP while you're there, then go for it. We just recently did this for an AP renewal in March. We upgraded and bridged December 2019 tickets toward the AP renewal. I bought them 3rd party with the December dates because those had the highest savings for bridging purposes with the most recent price increase. If you're bridging, just make sure you know the value of the ticket you're bridging from (your hoppers) since it's increasingly typical for guest services to quote you the "price" of the ticket that the 3rd party vendor paid Disney for the ticket versus the actual "value" of the ticket. Good luck!
Even if the ticket is part of a package we booked through disney?

If the tickets are part of a package, they can be bridged, or given a value, equal to the price of that ticket on the date the package was purchased. Although these tickets are somewhat different in regards to bridging than those purchased from 3rd party resellers, I'm not aware of any restrictions that says you have to wait until the first active date of the ticket.

I don’t believe you can access those tickets with a package in any way until you check in. You used to be able to activate them up to two weeks early, but I believe they stopped that when ticket prices became date specific.

I would ask @Robo. Or check out the ticket sticky. Reading through it seems to indicate they could upgrade them to AP’s? But I’m not sure how that would work if you ended up cancelling your package since your tickets are tied to your resort stay. I’d be interested in knowing exactly how this works as well.

Last edited:

If you have stand-alone tickets, you can upgrade them in June (and if you bought them through Disney, you can call and upgrade them ahead). But, package tickets, you have to wait until your checking date to use or upgrade them.

What you can possibly do, however, is get the AP in June, get the tickets in July from the package, create new identities in MDE and move the package tickets over to the new IDS. Then use those tickets the next time you go to WDW.

But, not sure if those package tickets now have an expiration date associated with them.

@Robo should be able to help

can you explain more how bridging works. I am hoping to try this in november

can you explain more how bridging works. I am hoping to try this in november
The prior posts in this thread were made in 2019. In case you hadn't realized it, Disney has not been selling APs since they reopened last month. Unless they resume selling them by your November trip, you won't be able to upgrade tickets to an AP.

The prior posts in this thread were made in 2019. In case you hadn't realized it, Disney has not been selling APs since they reopened last month. Unless they resume selling them by your November trip, you won't be able to upgrade tickets to an AP.
I have an AP already but they expire two weeks after I go we have the weekend before christmas. Not sure if we buy ticketsor upgrade our gold pass. I would love to be able to bridge into renewals

I have an AP already but they expire two weeks after I go we have the weekend before christmas. Not sure if we buy ticketsor upgrade our gold pass. I would love to be able to bridge into renewals
I didn't realize you had an AP already. AP renewals are apparently being allowed. I can't answer your question about bridging. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter