AoA vs Coronado?

SugarSweetLee

Mouseketeer
Hi! My fiance and I are planning a 4-5 day trip mid December to celebrate his birthday and our 3 year anniversary, and to check out all things Star Wars. We have only ever stayed in value resorts before, and have enjoyed AoA's food court in the past. I read about the recent homogenizing menu changes and am not so thrilled now.

We are debating between staying in a Little Mermaid room or paying a little extra to try out Coronado Springs for the first time, since the prices are fairly close. HOWEVER, fiance is really excited about the idea of the new Skyliner transport from AoA/Pop. (Pop is sold out, or else it would be a no brainer.)

We are in our 30s, no kids, and walking doesn't bother us (so resort distances between rooms aren't a big factor). What would you do?

I'm holding a reservation at AoA for the moment and requested a King, but I know those aren't guaranteed...full beds would not be ideal, but fiance doesn't seem bothered.

Also, the Big Blue Pool will be closed for refurb during our stay. But, I don't know in mid Dec if the weather would even be conducive to swimming...or which pools are heated and which ones aren't.

Help! Please :) I haven't been to Disney during the holiday season in a decade or two, and never stayed at the resorts during that time, so any extra info in regards to where we might have an extra special experience would be helpful there, too. TIA!

I’ve stayed in both. If you’re planning to spend all your time in the parks then stick with AoA and spend that savings on something cool like a meal at wilderness lodge with the big tree or a nice birthday massage at GF and eat gingerbread from the house.

If you’re doing some resort time then you can have a much more relaxing, adult experience at Coronado. There are adorable fountains and the lovely walk around the pond, nicer restaurants and you could even do a little DIY tapas/wine walk by stopping at each lounge for a drink and app pairing. The beds are big and nicer and the rooms are bigger and nicer so you can have a more romantic and restful time.

As you are going in mid December when crowds can really thicken each day, _I_ would go with CSR a more adult feel and nice break from the crowds and chaos of the parks. LOVELY walk around the lake especially at night. Be sure to visit the Crescent Lake resorts and see the decorations in each lobby!

Since your fiance is excited about the Skyliner, have you considered Caribbean Beach?

Thanks for the suggestion! Since we were already pressing the budget with these 2 options, we weren't really considering anything else higher. Seems silly I know, but have to draw the line somewhere :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts