Anything happening at US/IOA on 5/20? Hotels were pretty much sold out.

luckytso

DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis
Hi,

I am trying to figure out if something is going on on 5/20 (Wed.). I have been calling everyday to find availability for a decent rate at HRR, and was told that HRH is completely sold out for that night except for kidsuites, same with Portofino, only RP waterview is available.

I am having similar tough luck to try to get a studio at Disney's Beach Club Villa. I am a DVC member and still on the waitlist with no luck.

I just cannot figure out why a Wednesday. After mother's day and before Memorial day. All the subsequent days are OK, they even have ent. rates available, but just not 5/20.

luckytso,

Funny you should mention that date because I'm having the same problem. I've booked an entertainment rate at PBH for May 18 and 19, but I couldn't get that or a fan club rate for May 20. Discounts come back on the 21st. I asked the reservations person if if there was a convention or something, but she said she wasn't aware of anything.

I found the best rate for May 20 on www.quikbook.com. I booked that one day through them and I'll keep checking to see if an entertainment rate comes up.

I looked at Quikbook for you and they have a garden view at HRH May 20 for $169. I haven't booked through them before, but I think they have a good reputation.

Good luck!

DisneyDeb,

Expedia.com has a special for buy 3 get 1 free so that the average cost would be $134. So that would be my other option, to book all 4 nights via Expedia and pay more than my current $125 rate for the other 3 nights. However, I am still waiting to see if WDW's Beach Club Villa would come through. I will wait a little longer to see if the ent. rate would open up again for that night. I was just really surprised how booked up 5/20 is.

Thanks for the tips though.:D

Hotelkingdom.com lists the Hard Rock listed for $169 with the fourth night free, with makes it about $127 a night for the days around 5/20.

Robin,

Thanks. I checked out Hotel Kingdom, even though they give you the 4th night free, the minimum stay is 5 nights for my dates. I can only stay at most 4 nights :(

I will keep waiting.

Have a great trip!!!!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter