Anyone's wedding being postponed due to Coronavirus closures?

Just saw this thread. My DS had to postpone his 4/11 wedding. Not at Disney but postponed just the same. The weekend of 3/15 was horrible as they were trying to hold on to any hope after 1 year of planning. Future DIL found out her grandmother wasn’t able to come due to being in her 70s with health issues. She also found out that all of her moms side would not be traveling. 3/16 started with Aruba being closed off to tourists and several hours later the venue cancelled. Everything needed to be postponed, phone calls, etc. The caterer had a 50% deposit and would not refund, only allowing to reschedule. They have a date in November now and keeping fingers crossed that will happen. They wound up having all deposits transferred to the new date. They have a wedding they are in in September, October & December with theirs in November.

DS & his fiancée toyed with the idea of a Disney wedding. At the end of the day, they decided against it. Her brother and his fiancée thought about it as well as they are huge disney fans, getting married 10/31/20. Last year they went to DL just for halloween. However they decided against it and she regrets that decision.

Last edited:
This August to next May for us. :confused3

I know it seems so far away at this point but it will be here before you know it. My DS had to postpone from 4/11/20 and now they decided November 2020, They almost went for 4/11/21 but didn’t want to wait that long. However, the way things are and what is being said about another wave, I am holding my breath that the wedding will happen.

(((HUGS)))

I feel for all the couples. Still not sure we will make the July wedding.(in PA)....I hope so for the couple.

:hug:

Last edited:

Hoping for the upcoming brides all goes well. Thinking about all of you going through this, as it has affected my DS, I know what you are all going through.

Has Disney reached out either way about it?
Sorry for the late reply! It was so hit and miss for a while there, but by now you know how the story ended - cancelled :(. It has been rescheduled for August 21 although we realize this could still be iffy but Disney is their dream and they were engaged there too so they won’t give up on it! It’s coordinating the 100 guests that is the most challenging Fingers crossed we don’t have to do that yet again.

Ours was supposed to be on Tuesday. Looking at the weather it's going to rain all day... Postponed to November. Hoping this happened for a reason.
Our 40 guest count has been reduced to 15.
Fingers crossed August is a go x

Ours was supposed to be on Tuesday. Looking at the weather it's going to rain all day... Postponed to November. Hoping this happened for a reason.
Our 40 guest count has been reduced to 15.
Fingers crossed August is a go x

Thank you! Same for my son’s original date - it was rainy and cold so they would not have been able to have their after party at Terrace de Fleurs in Epcot for the fireworks as planned and they really want that - so we are trying to look on the bright side also! Where are you having your ceremony and reception? Best of luck to you and Congratulations!

Was wondering how all the brides are doing? Some said they were postponing to June and the other months, everyone still going to have their wedding as planned?

Was wondering how all the brides are doing? Some said they were postponing to June and the other months, everyone still going to have their wedding as planned?

My wedding is not at WDW, but in Massachusetts. We did not have the choice as our venue stated all summer 2020 weddings would not be possible under our state social distancing requirements (nor would I want all my pictures having guests in masks) so we postponed to September 2021.

My wedding is not at WDW, but in Massachusetts. We did not have the choice as our venue stated all summer 2020 weddings would not be possible under our state social distancing requirements (nor would I want all my pictures having guests in masks) so we postponed to September 2021.
I'm sorry to hear that :( what are the requirements in your state?
Here in the Netherlands it's max. 30 people, families need to social distance (5 ft here) and the other 'normal' measures, stay home when sick/symptoms, cough/sneeze in elbow or paper towel, no shaking hands. All hairdressers etc are back to work.

I'm sorry to hear that :( what are the requirements in your state?
Here in the Netherlands it's max. 30 people, families need to social distance (5 ft here) and the other 'normal' measures, stay home when sick/symptoms, cough/sneeze in elbow or paper towel, no shaking hands. All hairdressers etc are back to work.

We are currently just starting to reopen here, with barbershops and hair salons opening yesterday. Restaurants are still take out only for another few weeks. Hotels (my venue) are after restaurants in our state reopening plan, so that is even further out.

We do not have any guidance on when gathering size will increase either, so we are still currently at a 10 person maximum. So without any firm guidelines and a better knowledge that social distancing will remain throughout the summer, the venue just made the call so we could start re-planning sooner rather than later. Which I am grateful for, the sitting and waiting was the worst!

Going to keep our scheduled WDW honeymoon though in August, we deserve it after dealing with all this wedding stress!

Just wondering if anyone on here has a wedding that is going to be potponed due to WDW closing & coronavirus? I wondered how DFTW is handling this.
Our wedding was scheduled in July, just as the parks open. They called us on the day that they announced their reopening plan - about 5 weeks before the wedding. Prior to that, they did not have any communication with us about our wedding. When we asked, all they would say is that no determination has been made about July weddings. They offered to reschedule up to one year from the original date or refund our money. We have had to scramble at the last minute to change everything for us and our guests. We also have a number of items that have dates engraved on them that we will have to replace. I'm wondering from other couples if they have made any concessions in assisting with the loss

Our wedding was scheduled in July, just as the parks open. They called us on the day that they announced their reopening plan - about 5 weeks before the wedding. Prior to that, they did not have any communication with us about our wedding. When we asked, all they would say is that no determination has been made about July weddings. They offered to reschedule up to one year from the original date or refund our money. We have had to scramble at the last minute to change everything for us and our guests. We also have a number of items that have dates engraved on them that we will have to replace. I'm wondering from other couples if they have made any concessions in assisting with the loss

That sounds so stressful, ugh! I wonder if they will offer a discount on items engraved through them for your troubles. I feel like they should have communicated with you sooner. Was it a pain to reschedule your photographer, florist, officiant, etc? Or did Disney do all that for you?

Disney took care of anything they are responsible for. We are using Disney floral and Disney photography so they took care of that. We have our own officiant, so we had to notify him. They cancelled any hotel reservations booked through our room block but our guests had to cancel any reservations made outside the room block.

We really felt like they could have and should have communicated better. Given that state of the world, we weren't surprised by the cancellation but they didn't leave us much time to react. There was no communication once they furloughed the cast members

Not as time sensitive as many here, but we have a vow renewal scheduled for our 20th anniversary in February. We had locked down our date and venue and had just started planning when all of this started. Since then, we have not heard anything, which makes me nervous. This event has been 20 years in the planning for us and we have been saving for just as long. We are hopeful, but starting to get a bit worried. Some communication would be great...

Not as time sensitive as many here, but we have a vow renewal scheduled for our 20th anniversary in February. We had locked down our date and venue and had just started planning when all of this started. Since then, we have not heard anything, which makes me nervous. This event has been 20 years in the planning for us and we have been saving for just as long. We are hopeful, but starting to get a bit worried. Some communication would be great...

With a full staff, each event planner has upwards of 75 events on his/her plate at a time. Now all of those have fallen onto the shoulders of the four cast members in the department who have not been furloughed. Right now they are doing triage on July weddings. Even after the entire staff returns from furlough, they will be focused on planning/rescheduling events happening in the next few months. So, unfortunately, this means that events like yours are way down the list.

These Disney Wedding Podcast episodes are a great place to start if you have questions—and this board, of course! https://disneyweddingpodcast.com/how-to/

My niece's 5/24 wedding was cancelled and rescheduled for 9/6. Half her guest are scheduled to stay at POR and that resort won't be open. Disney reminded her no more than 50 people in the chapel or the reception because it's indoors, state thing. She had 125 on the guest list, lost people because of the date change and down to around 90. At this point she is done worrying about anything. After the fiasco this week with booking parks and half of the guest that are coming don't have tickets yet and Disney not giving up any info she said the people who love them will be there and that's all she needs. Originally she wanted to get married in September t Sea Breeze Point and have the reception on the beach at Beach Club but got talked out of it by the groom and both sets of parents. Now it looks like her first wish just may happen. She did hear a rumor that Disney is cancelling all July weddings. My sister talked to the wedding planner yester and was told half the wedding planning staff is still on furlough.
To keep their planned date of 5/24 they got married at a venue on the river in the neighboring county with only the parents as witness because Maryland had a 10 person limit at the time. One more reason she think some people have backed out of the Disney trip since technically they are already married

My niece's 5/24 wedding was cancelled and rescheduled for 9/6. Half her guest are scheduled to stay at POR and that resort won't be open. Disney reminded her no more than 50 people in the chapel or the reception because it's indoors, state thing. She had 125 on the guest list, lost people because of the date change and down to around 90. At this point she is done worrying about anything. After the fiasco this week with booking parks and half of the guest that are coming don't have tickets yet and Disney not giving up any info she said the people who love them will be there and that's all she needs. Originally she wanted to get married in September t Sea Breeze Point and have the reception on the beach at Beach Club but got talked out of it by the groom and both sets of parents. Now it looks like her first wish just may happen. She did hear a rumor that Disney is cancelling all July weddings. My sister talked to the wedding planner yester and was told half the wedding planning staff is still on furlough.
To keep their planned date of 5/24 they got married at a venue on the river in the neighboring county with only the parents as witness because Maryland had a 10 person limit at the time. One more reason she think some people have backed out of the Disney trip since technically they are already married

If she is not already a part of one, I would suggest she join a Disney bride Facebook group. As of today, I saw people posting that their early August weddings were being cancelled by Disney. All July Disney weddings have already been cancelled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!