Anyone Work For Arise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just started with LiveOps, I put in about $150 into getting set up. That includes a 2nd phone line, phone/headset, and background fee. I already had the computer so that wasn't a problem, and while I could incorporate if I wanted to, it's not necessary. The only donw side is you're an independent contractor so you pay your own SS and taxes aren't withheld from your pay.

It slow to start, newbies don't get as many calls routed to them as long-time people, but from what I've heard from other LO agents is once you put in a few months with them, it starts picking up and there is some real money to be made. I'm just working weekends, I already have another full time work-from-home job, but there are a lot of people at LO that use it as their main full time income.

Betty good luck I love Liveops and if you can sell you can do very well even on the informerical lines.

Betty good luck I love Liveops and if you can sell you can do very well even on the informerical lines.

Thanks, I just completed my 1st 40 calls and was told I can continue on ISA, I just have to do my advance certification now. I haven't been able to do many hours yet, this summer has been busy (I should have waited until this fall to start, I think) but I hope to be making an extra $400 a month or so, if not more. I want to save up for a new car next year! :)

i'm loving reading everyone's stories and experiences! you have no idea how helpful this is :) please keep them coming!

Thanks, I just completed my 1st 40 calls and was told I can continue on ISA, I just have to do my advance certification now. I haven't been able to do many hours yet, this summer has been busy (I should have waited until this fall to start, I think) but I hope to be making an extra $400 a month or so, if not more. I want to save up for a new car next year! :)

How does live ops work. I know with arise you have to work a set number of hours for the client you are servicing is live ops this way too? Or is it more of a work when you can job?

How does live ops work. I know with arise you have to work a set number of hours for the client you are servicing is live ops this way too? Or is it more of a work when you can job?

You can work as much or as little as you want. There is no required amount of hours you have to work.

I never worked for Arise. Too many hoops to jump and I have a full time job with a long commute. I did have a friend and her sister who both worked for Arise. Since i never worked for them I can tell you one of their customers was Apple. Another was Discover.

My friend stopped working for them because the hours for the companies she was certified for kept getting lighter and lighter. There was less out there for people to sign up for and since her sister was doing it full time, she didn't want to feel like she was taking money from her family. (She already makes 6 figures in her day job). SHe didn't want to keep certifying but she also found that the late night and very early morning shifts were often available. As you work more shifts you get more seniority. So you are able to sign up for shifts first as time progresses.

You can get an EID number from the IRS website and you are basically a small business. That is free so you don't have to do the incorporation thing. When you file your personal taxes, you also include the income under your EID.

Hope this helps.

I never worked for Arise. Too many hoops to jump and I have a full time job with a long commute. I did have a friend and her sister who both worked for Arise. Since i never worked for them I can tell you one of their customers was Apple. Another was Discover.

My friend stopped working for them because the hours for the companies she was certified for kept getting lighter and lighter. There was less out there for people to sign up for and since her sister was doing it full time, she didn't want to feel like she was taking money from her family. (She already makes 6 figures in her day job). SHe didn't want to keep certifying but she also found that the late night and very early morning shifts were often available. As you work more shifts you get more seniority. So you are able to sign up for shifts first as time progresses.

You can get an EID number from the IRS website and you are basically a small business. That is free so you don't have to do the incorporation thing. When you file your personal taxes, you also include the income under your EID.

Hope this helps.

thank you :) that is very helpful! the incorporation is the biggest fee. however, in my case, there is also a computer with windows xp (mine runs vista, which isn't supported-nothing beyond XP) and a new modem (my brand is specifically excluded) to buy.

I have a friend who works for them too and the client she works for doing dining reservations is what made me want to sign up for them. Without saying the name specifically lets just say it's a company all of us on the Disboards are very familiar with...you could say the site is based on them if you get my drift ;) I would say that if you have somewhat of a flexible schedule to get training done and to pick up whatever hours you can at first to meet your commitment then its a very good opportunity. Also just as a side note since someone already mentioned that Apple was a client with that client you have to have a mac to be able to work it and they used to have a mac rental program where they basically leased you a mac mini for maybe $100 or so and after 6 months it was yours. My friend did this to start out to make money first and then bought herself and xp computer from dell. That was a year ago so I don't know if they do that anymore but it seems nice if they still do. Although that would be based on if that client is hiring. You could always go through your certification process and just wait for the client you want to hire, I think you have 90 days or so before you have to complete a client training class but I'm not 100% sure on that.

I have a friend who works for them too and the client she works for doing dining reservations is what made me want to sign up for them. Without saying the name specifically lets just say it's a company all of us on the Disboards are very familiar with...you could say the site is based on them if you get my drift ;) I would say that if you have somewhat of a flexible schedule to get training done and to pick up whatever hours you can at first to meet your commitment then its a very good opportunity. Also just as a side note since someone already mentioned that Apple was a client with that client you have to have a mac to be able to work it and they used to have a mac rental program where they basically leased you a mac mini for maybe $100 or so and after 6 months it was yours. My friend did this to start out to make money first and then bought herself and xp computer from dell. That was a year ago so I don't know if they do that anymore but it seems nice if they still do. Although that would be based on if that client is hiring. You could always go through your certification process and just wait for the client you want to hire, I think you have 90 days or so before you have to complete a client training class but I'm not 100% sure on that.

this is what i was told when arise called me the other day. i explained that i had to get the proper equipment, and the young man said my profile would remain open for 90 days.

I joined Arise this summer. In a couple of weeks, I start my training for a major cruise line.

I was fortunate to get in on the Free certification class and received a $50 voucher towards my first client training.
(They are currently offering their certification class for free, for a limited time)

Anyone can apply, it's free. If you pass the admissions process, you don't have to spend any money unless you choose to continue. Many people do not make it through the application, but many people do. It is based on a variety of factors and they have certain criteria that needs to be met.

I joined Arise this summer. In a couple of weeks, I start my training for a major cruise line.

I was fortunate to get in on the Free certification class and received a $50 voucher towards my first client training.
(They are currently offering their certification class for free, for a limited time)

Anyone can apply, it's free. If you pass the admissions process, you don't have to spend any money unless you choose to continue. Many people do not make it through the application, but many people do. It is based on a variety of factors and they have certain criteria that needs to be met.

i'm wondering....to do your assessments, do you have to have all of the proper equipment (windows xp computer and single-line modem-my computer runs windows vista and my brand of modem is specifically excluded) in place, or can you do the assessments and get the equipment if you pass?

ok, so i found this computer at staples.com, and it says the following:

Purchase this computer and unlock the features of Windows 7 Professional with Windows Anytime Upgrade. Includes Windows XP Mode for even a greater degree of compatibility with business programs.

so does this mean that this computer runs windows 7 AND XP? if so, this may be what i'm looking for!

UGH, nevermind, i checked the requirements again and it says dual booting of the OS isn't allowed! GEEEEZZZZ! what DO they allow? it takes an act of congress to work for these #^&@ people!

The whole screams of spam..

Would love to know what the honest take home pay is per hour (so p/t , f/t etc it does not matter)..

Wonder if you even make minimum wage even AFTER you factor in the up front expenses to join up.

Would love to know what the honest take home pay is per hour (so p/t , f/t etc it does not matter)..

Wonder if you even make minimum wage even AFTER you factor in the up front expenses to join up.

you know, i'm beginning to wonder myself. $300+ for a windows xp computer, $90 for a modem, $99 for training, God knows how much for a 2nd phone line, background check (about $20), incorporation ($100+)...i seem to be hitting roadblocks at every turn. perhaps it wasn't meant to be, but i have to find something. i can't keep doing chacha for $1.80-$2.00 per hour much longer. i'm at the end of my rope. NO calls on my resumes-the phone company wouldn't even hire me to deliver phone books! my business college degree obviously isn't worth the paper it was printed on.

oh cool Betty congrats that is a good sales line. Saturday and Sundays are the busiest times for agents. I have worked my way from DR to the top sales line . Even though the pay rate is lower the commission rates are really good if you can sell.

I work my schedule all around my kids. I am working now-I usually start earlier on the summer weekends do I can be done by noon and have the afternoon free with the kids. During the summer I work 3 days 4-8am during the school year only mostly during the times that they are at school and weekends

you know, i'm beginning to wonder myself. $300+ for a windows xp computer, $90 for a modem, $99 for training, God knows how much for a 2nd phone line, background check (about $20), incorporation ($100+)...i seem to be hitting roadblocks at every turn. perhaps it wasn't meant to be, but i have to find something. i can't keep doing chacha for $1.80-$2.00 per hour much longer. i'm at the end of my rope. NO calls on my resumes-the phone company wouldn't even hire me to deliver phone books! my business college degree obviously isn't worth the paper it was printed on.

It has to be a stay at home job? Or can you work nights/weekends?

It has to be a stay at home job? Or can you work nights/weekends?

doesn't have to be a work at home job. i could work weekends, but not nights, because DH's job rotates hours, and one of us would need to be home nights with our DD.

If you have questions/concerns about Arise, go to their website and research it for yourselves.

Hi Everyone!

I've been working for Arise for the last 3yrs (Circuit City, Sears and Disney) and totally love the freedom that it offers. Yes, there are start up fees but as one poster says you get back within your first paycheck. I'm currently making dining reservation for Disney and loves it. I've said this before this is not a get rich overnight job, you can certainly make money here....this for me is extra income that goes toward my student loan and/or other bills.

I do have a 9-5 job that I do outside the home and with Arise I can set my own hours and the best part work in my pajamas....lol!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter