• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

anyone with experience with large groups and TS on the DP?

sgause

Earning My Ears
We are a large group (party of 15) who will be on the DP this August. We will have 4 rooms - so for each "bill" do we give the waiter 4 room cards? I don't want the poor person to start sobbing right on the spot as we explain that this card should have 2 credits and this card needs 4 and this one 3, etc. Or since we are planning on eating together for our TS meals - should we just give 1 card and be done with it since a TS credit is a TS credit? Any thoughts anyone? We will have 12 "adults", 2 "children" and 1 "infant". I was sort of thinking that the 1 card idea was too easy to be true - anyone see a downside to that idea? Your expertise greatly appreciated... :wave2:

We had this same problem back in November. Our party of 11 was in 3 rooms. All of our meals were planned together but we had different check out dates. This caused a problem because some of the cards had fewer "points" then what was needed. When I checked out with my party of 6 we had to have extra points transfered to the another cards. Front desk cm didn't really want to do this, but we explainned how some servers refused to use individual cards. She said next time we should use one card for each party regardless of what the server wants to do. This will save you lots of grief in the long run. I hope this helps.

homemaker said:
We had this same problem back in November. Our party of 11 was in 3 rooms. All of our meals were planned together but we had different check out dates. This caused a problem because some of the cards had fewer "points" then what was needed. When I checked out with my party of 6 we had to have extra points transfered to the another cards. Front desk cm didn't really want to do this, but we explainned how some servers refused to use individual cards. She said next time we should use one card for each party regardless of what the server wants to do. This will save you lots of grief in the long run. I hope this helps.

I'm guessing that part of the reason the server didn't want to charge each individual group's card is because they would receive a larger tip -- I'm not quite sure of the amount -- but I think a party of 8 gets the server a large tip than a party of 4 does -- but I could be wrong. :rolleyes1

We had no problems when we did the Free Dining last august, but we knew ahead of time to let them know how many credits were to be used off of each card. The only snafu was when we would pay OOP for a kids meal and they deducted it form the plan but going to the guest services at our resort fixed that.

Disney Freak56 said:
I'm guessing that part of the reason the server didn't want to charge each individual group's card is because they would receive a larger tip -- I'm not quite sure of the amount -- but I think a party of 8 gets the server a large tip than a party of 4 does -- but I could be wrong.
Um, well, sorta... on the other hand, with Disney handling the tip, a party of eight gets the server the same tip as two parties of four :teeth:

kaytieeldr said:
Um, well, sorta... on the other hand, with Disney handling the tip, a party of eight gets the server the same tip as two parties of four :teeth:

2005 the tip rate was 18% for groups of 8 or more. The tip was 18% even if the multiple checks were issued. Two parties of 4 was a lower tip but a party of 8, with 2 checks for 4 guests, would be the same tip.

I agree, just tell the server when you order how many checks you'll need.

It might make it easier for the server if you bring small post it notes and write how many table service credits to take off each card. Any help we can give them I am sure would be appreciated!
Jerry

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter