• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone wax their camper?

kmccain

DIS Veteran
I waxed my camper yesterday and I can't move today! :headache:

Does anyone else wax their camper and what do you use? :confused: Mine is aluminum and it is 5 years old so I decided I should use a paint restoring wax this year in stead of the spray on wax. I wonder if it was worth the effort? :laundy:

Thanks for the advice! :thumbsup2

:tink:

I wax ours atleast once a year. I use Magic Mix Body Wax. Getting ready to wax our new 5'er before we go to the Fort June 22 thru 30. And yes I am always sore the next couple of days but it is worth it.

We cleaned the black streaks off of ours with Simple green and ended up scrubbing the whole trailer with it to get the grunge off. It sits with a cover on it during the winter but it still gets nasty. We then waxed it with Meguairs cleaner wax. We try to wax it at least once a year. It has the aluminum panel exterior so its tought to wax. Having 2 teenagers in the house helps also.

We try to wax our coach twice a year. I have a three year old, so I rat-hole money until I come up with the $230 to get it done. (I also have the $6 a foot plus tip, because the guy is good) There is no way I could do it by myself with the DS. We also keep our coach covered when we have a long time between usage.

I wax our fifth wheel about once a year. DH got me a buffer for Christmas but it seems easier to do it by hand. Well waxing the bohemuth (sp?) is NEVER easy!! When I get done it really looks good but I ache for a few days after. My kids would just look at me and laugh if I told them they had to help wax the RV. Although DD(18) jumped right in there to help me repack the bearings!!! go figure..

When we had a TT we waxed it twice a year with Liquid Glass.

Now that we have a carport to cover the MH we just wax it once a year. Started it yesterday. Using Zymol.

I started using ProtectAll instead of regular wax, and love it! I use a sponge mop to apply it, and a long handled wash/mop to remove it.

http://www.protectall.com/

I waxed our TT a couple weeks ago for the first time. We bought it used last summer - a '99 model Aero Cub, but I don't think the PO ever waxed it.

Ours is a fiberglass covering. I started off using ICE synthetic liqueid wax. I did 2 coats of that but it was still splotchy. I ended up doing 2 more coats with Maguires paste wax. and finally got it looking just like new.

Believe me, after the work I put into it this time, it will get done at least twice a year now.

Yes I wax my twice a year and what a job!!!! 38' of waxing would wipe out Superman LOL!!!!!!! I use a high speed buffer, but sometime this year or next I'm going to rent a booth and paint it!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter